1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Talk

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by PaulM1888, Jun 24, 2009.

Discuss Transfer Talk in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

This thread is a place for members to stick in their own suggestions with no source. Also any rumours you have "heard" from unofficial sources. From Kaka to Lee Wilkie please DO NOT start a new thread as it will be closed with no explanation given.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2010
  2. OC

Smart move, mate. Opening this thread will save us a lot of time and it may become thread with highest number of posts here.:50:

OK, I'll start. Ivan Obradovic. Partizan's LB, perfect solution for our eternal LB problem.
    Ivan Obradović - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    You won't find much on Wikipedia, but it still gives an insight of what caliber of player he is.

3. Nimrod.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    I would go for Damien Duff , he has a few good years left in him plus Necastle are desperate to off load players

4. DOC

i had roman pavlyuchenko in the other thread, think he would go for cheap, duff also not a bad move

5. ScottishGhirl

Fav Celtic Player:
    McDonald Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    pav not a chance he is going to come and spurs aint going to take that much of a hit on him.

6. DOC

spurs are looking to offload, would rather pay 6 mil pounds for him than 4 or 5 for furtune, might be worth looking into...

7. Benedict XVI

Fav Celtic Player:
    Present : Hinkel Past : Thompson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing. Partial To A Rebel
    Mariusz Lewandowski from shaktar ?
    seemed pretty solid in the euros and the semi finals and final of the uefa cup
    dont know how much he would cost though

8. DOC

he is 30 though i think?

9. ScottishGhirl

Fav Celtic Player:
    McDonald Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Were not going to buy fortune, he is going to Hull Think when the last time the club spent £6mill on any player.

You can dream tho

10. DOC

wish the board would share in those dreams, don't want fortune anyway looked everage at best, no better than what we have

11. ScottishGhirl

Fav Celtic Player:
    McDonald Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    exactly but there holding onto that biscuit tin tight.

12. DOC

think they have sealed the biscuit tin...:rolleyes:

13. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Andy Carroll from Newcastle, he's a big player + not a * like Samaras and more mobile than jvoh

14. DOC

what about kevin doyle, wolves and bolton set to bid, looked good in EPL and had a pretty good year in the championship...

15. DOC

still young, much like sheridan, needs a few more years till he is a proper hold up type forward

16. Rooneybhoy

Has been a while since i was last on this site, but here's my 2 cents...

We need a decent left back, someone to come in and do a job whilst misun and or another young left back gains reserve football and experience. I would go for Paul Robinson as i feel he could do a job, ie, paul telfer...not the greatest player but been around the block and knows how to read a game! As far as the future, i wouldnt be adverse to Brian Easton of accies....

We also need another CB, now, all the talk of herriederson from pompey was fabricated by his agent, so he could get a new deal at fratton park, but there is another CB who's contract is expiring this summer with portsmouth, and it's none other than Sol Campbell. Now, I think we could get him on a free, sign up for a year with a further years extension if he plays well, and pay him a standard wage with pay as you play add on's....comments on that?

Midfield isn't too shabby, we may be a little lightweight though...if hartley does go, which by the way, i feel we should sign him up for at least another season, we need another workhorse in midfield, obviously we have "mr.100%" Barry Robson, but barry will need a rest at some point and in that role all we have is crosas or broonie. We need to get rid of donati sharpish! Would like to see McGinn and McCourt come through this season, the same with koki....

The strike force does need replenished, I'd prefer to keep Greek Lightning than Vennegoor, as Jan's time is clearly up in Glasgow, and Sammy is only 23, he has a world of football ahead of him, if we just give him time and support, who knows, he may actually reach some of his reported potential. Fletcher keeps being brought up, and ok although he may be a decent signing who could do another (job), to be honest, I would rather have riordan back than sign fletcher.He looks to me like a younger and less technically gifted version of hesselink, I find him rather inconsistent and he has billy starks face i might add lol....the quoted 4 mill for him is ludicrous, and I'd much rather we spent that elsewhere....what about Kevin Doyle of reading...James McFadden of Birmingham....Anthony Stokes at sunderland(who we shoulda signed from arsenal)...*, add a few more mill and get cavenaghi from bordeaux....All I know is, we shouldnt be buying strikers just to simply do a job, as we saw last season, there was not enough goals from our strikers, and that must be rectified....

17. Brendan Hughes

Fletcher
    Donovan
    Sylvinho
    Gudgjohnson (spelling)
    Jeffren
    Cech

18. ChristianH

Fav Celtic Player:
    Everyone who's wearing the Celtic shirt
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Eiður Guðjohnsen or Eidur Gudjohnsen :86:

Peter Løvenkrands is free transfer :84:

19. Diegan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Donvan won't come... but not for prestige or money or anything like that. He's just very bad at making transitions, and the only place he will go to probably is Spain because he can speak Spanish and the climate is like SoCal, where he was born, raised, and now plays. It was common knowledge he hated the environment in Germany and the cultural differences unsettled him a lot. We're a fragile breed, you know.

However, Altidore is available for loan. They sent him out to a 2nd division side last year, so it's not like he's got top Prem clubs asking for him. I think we could get away with a cheeky loan bid for him.

20. ScottishGhirl

Fav Celtic Player:
    McDonald Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    i think we could get altidore pretty easily he isnt playing much football at villareal. looks a big strong foward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.