1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Concerns

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by TrueTim67, Jul 17, 2016.

Discuss Transfer Concerns in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. seanbee01

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing
    I'm underwhelmed with who we have been linked with in fairness, I think Duffy is the best of a bad bunch and according to a Blackburn fan I know he is prone to the odd calamity some fans rate him some fans want him to *... and in fairness it sounds a bit familiar, I don't like the fact the ugly half of Glasgow went out and done their business sharp while we Penny pinch like * and * around, it seems pathetic that we won't cough up 3m for a player when we just sold the amount of ST's we did and the new balance sponsors etc...we have shown ambition bringing Rodgers in but were not backing him its diabolical.

2. Dr. Frasier Crane

* if we had rushed out and signed half the * they have I'd have binned my season ticket.

3. seanbee01

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing
    And I seriously wouldn't blame ya its seriously underwhelming, out of all them I hope we get that young lad Flanagan and id take Duffy because of the sheer mess of our defence at the moment.

4. Dr. Frasier Crane

Should have made it clearer, I meant sign the same * the zombies rushed out to sign.

5. wulliebad

Its easy to rush out and sign * no one else wants...but celtic want players who are not past it.

6. mmmikey

Fav Celtic Player:
    McStay, Moravcik, Di Canio, LARSSON!
    Wonder if it's the age old "wait until we've qualified for Europe" trick....

7. celtic warrior

While the other end of Glasgow has gone in and bought in a few faces, some of which I still question how they can afford in the long run and then continue to try and sign more players I'm glad we haven't operated in any way similar to them as there is only one way that is going to go.

Are we taking things a little too slow? possibly, I would have loved it if Dembele, Duffy, Kolo, Flanagan were all announced as new signings by now but that obviously isn't the case.

So long as a reputable CB is brought in I'd be happy with just that and Dembele for now as despite what happened in Gib, i'm no less confident we can win the league and qaulify for CL with the squad we have.

8. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    im confident well have a new cb in ready for the next round if we progress.

9. Pacific Ocean Blue

It will be

10. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Exactly, has everyone got fkn amnesia. Even using the better quality player if we qualify, that's worked a treat hasn't it, don't mistake me for Einstein here, but I smell a wee flaw in that.

11. Dáibhí

If that's the case then Rodgers is a bit of a mug for accepting that. He has either vastly overrated our squad, or overrated his ability to get enough from such a poor squad of players.

One thing that's for sure, if Deila was still in charge at the moment and we'd signed the players we've signed there'd be * turmoil on this forum.

12. wulliebad

Surely you can't be implying people on here have different standards depending on who the manager is.:fear:

13. Dáibhí

Could you imagine the furore if Deila had come out this close season telling us that Lee Griffiths is better served playing on the right?

The good Doc would have been apoplectic with rage! :smiley-laughing002:

14. wulliebad

There would be at least 5 new threads.

...place name here.........Are a serous threat.

15. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I think people are getting carried away a bit, it's still early doors and I can see us making at least another two or three signings before the window shuts.

16. mmmikey

Fav Celtic Player:
    McStay, Moravcik, Di Canio, LARSSON!
    Yeah, the great Martin O'Neill seemed to only do his dealings in the last 2 days if i recall correctly

17. celticdaft238

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    To be honest I would have thought Brendan would have been taking an axe to our severely bloated squad by now, I remember him saying he preferred a smaller, tighter squad to work with.

He could use the wages from 3 players he's axed to fund the wages of 1 new, quality player.

18. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I just don't see us making any more signings until 1 of 2 things happens. Either we get rid of more players, and get them off the wage bill, or we ensure at least Europa League group stage. It's a mistake but I think that's what we are doing. If we are going to get anyone in soon it wil likely be another free signing.

19. Dáibhí

The window shuts on September 1st, a full week after the final play-off games in the Champions League.

We have previous for this *, signing the likes of Jozo after we'd been papped out.

I'm willing to go on record saying that the squad as it is will not see us through that play-off round. In fact, we'd do well to even get to that stage.

20. Mr Diggler

I would like to see a good few on their way but we have got rid of a good few already to be fair and havent invested. Scepovic, Stokes, Kazim-Richards, Mulgrew, Cole, Blacketts loan finished. Surely a centre half could have been signed with these freed up wages.