1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tony Watt

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Maestro 08, Aug 30, 2013.

Discuss Tony Watt in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. Silenzio

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That move is unexpected. Lierse will struggle to stay in Belgium's top flight, but maybe Tony Watt can change that...

A mate of mine who is a big Lierse fan (and who has got a soft spot for Celtic and went to a few Celtic games with me) will probably be pleased though.

2. ArminCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    He has been loaned out with an option to come back to Celtic,score against Barcelona,and go back on loan again. :Watt:

3. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    It's good for him to develop, but i think we're up * creek....Pukki, Stokes and Balde are our only out and out strikers, so what happens if one gets injured? What happens if Pukki gets a double leg break on his first game?

4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

ffs! :smiley-laughing002:

If yer auntie had baws...

We more than likely will play one up front. That's three players to battle it out for one spot and Atajic as our new young player making the step up.

5. Cmcgregor90

I honestly don't think he is impressed with the move himself ofcourse he want first team football but I do t think he is happy with this move and neither am I

I would have liked to here him say no offence but my ambition is to play with celtic But ill do a job here and hope to progress back with celtic . In no way do I think it's disrespectful he is obviously thinking this

6. Cmcgregor90

The one thing in glad about is he never went down south! I would imagine what your man says a few posts above sayd what if he didn't want to come back! I think with this side he will want to do good and come back!

Plenty of player have went to teams down south and then Say they don't regret leaving us especially the youth players

7. Mr. Slippyfist

It's an excellent move for Tony Watt - will be great in the log run for his personal development as both a man and a footballer, as well as Celtic.

I think I remember John Collins saying that he wised more young Scottish players would be able to experience playing in countries like France and Belgium etc as it is highly beneficial for experiencing different cultures.

It does sound like he could be doing with working on his verbal communication skills :56::56:

8. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Who? :97:

9. Cmcgregor90

Plenty ! What you wanting first team players or younger ones... Maloney for a start Pearson Marshall the list is endless

10. Bangarangura

pleased with this, definitely going to be playing as a striker so all is good

11. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Anybody really.

I assume you have links for those players saying they don't regret leaving us?

Edit.

In fact aye, give me some younger players that said it as well.

12. Cmcgregor90

I've named a few.... And yes from remembering I'm not going to google for links why would
    I feel the need to make it up? I'm sure Maloney says winning he fa cup was better than anything else in his career

13. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

So you're full of * basically.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I'm disappointed we haven't got enough cover up front if 1 or 2 get knocks we look really light but for tony I'm delighted he's at a decent level away from the hype and pressure where he is going to be the main man up front...

Hopefully he comes back the player most of us think he can be whether that's next season or another season on loan and in 2/3 years he comes back the package

15. Silenzio

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I did not want to bring this up, but while Flemish people tend to be fluent in English, I highly doubt many will understand what he has said in the interview posted in this thread.

Even I did not understand everything and I am more used to Scottish accents than most people over here.

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    :56:

I did think that,he didn't even try and tone it down a touch..

Eh a joos wan ti come n play fitbaw :97:

17. Cmcgregor90

Prove me wrong :50:exactly:rolleyes::smiley-laughing002:

18. Mr. Slippyfist

I'm hoping he comes back a more "complete player" as opposed to a promising raw young striker.

What's "Flemish people" - I've never heard this term mate?

His vocal skills are terrible - it's what he can get away with in Glasgow speaking like that, but not on the continent. Like I say, hopefully this move will do wonders for his personal development......this being one aspect of it :50:

19. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Prove you wrong?

It was you that started this, talking about young players who left us and are on record as saying they don't regret leaving us.

Not only haven't you named one young player but you can't provide any proof that the senior players you mentioned said it either.

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    There might be youngsters who go on and do well after leaving us but there can't be many who don't regret being let go(majority are anyway)..

Most kids that come through the ranks are celtic fans aswell so must be gut wrenching leaving one of the biggest clubs in the world