1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tips for solo travelling fan? (Copenhagen at home)

Discussion in 'Celtic Supporters Info' started by DutchCelticFan, Feb 12, 2020.

Discuss Tips for solo travelling fan? (Copenhagen at home) in the Celtic Supporters Info area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. DutchCelticFan

Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Hi guys!

I haven't posted in a while and most of the time only just reading the latest rumours and news on this forum.

As you can tell I am from Holland and supporting Celtic for around 13 years now I think (I'm 27). I am very excited because I am going to come over for the Copenhagen game all by myself! This will be my second visit to CP, I also went to the 1-0 derby win in 2018 (Ntcham goal).

Since I am coming by myself I have a few questions and maybe you guys can give me some tips!

- What is the best Celtic place/pub/area to go before/after the match? Would be great to meet other fans and get a few pints... Or maybe some of you want to meet up with me that would also be awesome :)
    - Is it safe to wear colors going to the match and going home after, or better to hide it in some areas? I'm planning to stay somewhere in the city center.

Would be great if you can give me some advice. Looking forward to the trip and CP under the lights!

Cheers guys:shamrock:

COYBIG:ynwacelti

2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    You can walk along the Gallowgate and you’ll find yourself in the Barras, surrounded by Celtic pubs. Take your pick as there’s loads. I’m not able to go to the game due to work, otherwise I’d have gladly met you for a drink.

It’s safe to wear your top walking to the stadium and in the city centre.

3. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Great stuff mate! Enjoy!

Personally, I wouldn't wear colours on my own after the game, in the city centre at that time of night, up to you though.

As Minty says, Gallowgate is an easy option in terms of your journey from city centre to the stadium. Others on here might be able to advise of other places, live music etc.

4. DutchCelticFan

Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Thanks guys! Appreciate it!

5. Paradise88

You have to pop into turnstiles for a pint before the game, it'll be crammed but absolutely bouncing. Just outside stadium

6. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Funnily enough I'm meeting a Dutch couple of friends over for tonights game.

You can also try the Celtic Supporters Club on London Road. A 5 minute walk from the stadium. That is also where the Green Brigade meet if that is your thing.

After the game many will be heading back into the city center but if alone I wouldn't advise wearing colours if walking into the city anywhere near Bridgton Cross. Pubs in the city that are not known for being Celtic pubs may not allow you in wearing colours anyway.