1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tickets for CL away games

Discussion in 'Celtic Supporters Info' started by JCGE, Aug 30, 2013.

Discuss Tickets for CL away games in the Celtic Supporters Info area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Season ticket holders first, then various club card holders. Tomorrow they go on sale to just basic Ajax club card holders which are ones you can get for €6 for 5 years but we cant sign up for them as it takes a few weeks and you need a Dutch bank account.

Members of the public cant buy Ajax tickets, you need to have a club card, there is about 6 different Kinds Season Ticket Clubcard, Life Clubcard, Kids Clubcard, Basic Clubcard etc

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2013
  2. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Celtic travel info is out for the first two away games.

3. pod

4. Millerntor

Fairly disgusted with Celtic over this, in particular Ajax. An absolute kick in the teeth to regular or semi-regular independent travelers.

5. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I actually meant €55 euro each, £47 as it was €165 for 3 tickets.

Its not actually that bad, people pay a lot more to get Nou Camp or Old Trafford tickets when we play them. Their fans usually charge about €80 at the Nou Camp or £60 at Old Trafford for a ticket to get in their end in the CL. Ajax fans are pretty fair lol

Ajax fans could actually make decent money, the tickets off the 3 match package thing I bought at €165 only cost €166.50 for the full free match package and the Celtic ones are the cheapest ones, the guy will probably sell the 3 Milan tickets for about €180 euro and then 3 Barcelona for about €200 euro.

So the guy will have spent €500 on 9 tickets and be selling them for about €1100, doubling his money really.

Although its quite * people do that its actually good for away fans who always need tickets for the home end :50:

6. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Theres nothing either club can do, Ajax fans want their own tickets and Ajax want their own fans there so they're hardly going to give Celtic 10,000 and its fair that Celtic allow people that go to the most games to get the tickets, its the way its always worked. Nothing to get upset about.

7. Millerntor

You clearly misunderstand. You can have never went to a European away game before in your life but can be assured of your ticket if you book onto a Thomson Sport charter. That’s why it is an absolute kick in the teeth to regular or semi-regular independent travelers. We may now end up in a position where all category B’s are not catered for.

8. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I see, but they have always done that, its not anything new its was done for the last about 10 years with Thomas Cook.

9. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I don't think Celtic are selling Milan away tickets to ST holders that aren't category A or B directly, you need to buy the official travel package they're offering which is a rip off.

I fancy going to it but I'm not sure about buying tickets for the home end.

10. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    If you want to go you should and just get an away end ticket. The main part of going should be the trip with the match as the icing on the cake, you obviously prefer to be in with your own fans to sing and dance but if you cant it only lasts 2 hours anyway and you can do plenty of singing and dancing before and after the game, seeing the match is the next best thing even in the away end. Fans go in the away end all the time.

Been in the away end for both the Man U away games and they were class as there was loads of Celtic fans so we were still singing and dancing among them, one of the funniest games ive ever been at too as there was a couple of mad guys round about us ripping the pish out Ronaldo, shouting "watch your tights there Ronnie" and "pull your skirt doon a bit we can see your *" "what kind of shampoo do you use your hairs beautiful" (we were sitting right down the front and he was playing right infront of us):56: Man U fans around us were pishing themselves at them as well. Im also convinced that Kyle from The View was sitting next to me at that game with his wee brother, they had Dundee accents, he looked exactly like him but never asked them, this was in 2007? the 2nd game against them. I dont know if he has a wee brother, he looked about 14 or 15 then so is probably about 20/21 now and had the same curly mop of hair - anyone know if he does have a wee brother about that age?

Heres the hair in a photo I took lol at the time I didnt even know he was a tim, so never asked him if it was him, I assumed hed be dundee utd or dundee fan or something.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2013
  11. Millerntor

I know but that doesn’t make it right. People had high hopes for things given the sound bites coming out of Celtic after ditching Thomas Cook - going to do travel themselves, offer better prices etc. In the end up, Celtic have just been shown up to be talking absolute pish – things are the same, if not, worse than before. Secure official club travel directly from the club? Eh no, it’s through Thomson’s Sport (which Celtic have yet to actually acknowledge!) It’s just laughable how they are marketing this and how it is being operated. From the very start, the day it went ‘live’ Thomson’s Sport Celtic section had the day trip to Milan for £359 and all tickets to be got yourself through Celtic. An hour later that was taken down and replaced with £335 day trip and different ticket information. Total amateurish nonsense.

And if away games are bad? Home game package – one night stay at the Holiday Inn Express for two people and two match tickets for AC Milan - £358. You can book the hotel yourself direct for £110. That’s one helluva markup when you consider two tickets will probably cost something like £90. Nothing more than ‘legal’ ticket touting.

12. Millerntor

No, those in category A and B are being given Saturday and Sunday to buy their tickets. Thereafter from Monday tickets are first come first served for season ticket holders. We won't sell-out our allocation for this.

13. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    :smiley-laughing002: :50:

ahhhhhh I see, didn't know that. Makes things a bit easier for me

14. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    anyone know what section our support will be in, at the noucamp ?

barca 'v' celtic tickets have came up on there official web-site

and need to score a pair of briefs.

15. NA CEILTIGH

I think from what I remember last year celtic were in very top deck, maybe 521-535 of the nou camp

16. Millerntor

Last season, would imagine the same again.

[​IMG]

17. WeeBhoy7

Site rules state all offers to buy or sell must be made in the ticket exchange section.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2013
  18. im_ant

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Celtic seem to have changed the way tickets are allocated for at least the AC Milan game, as an independent, instead of the usual selling tickets to Category A then B, then C through to E, they are giving Category A and B 2 days to buy a ticket, before selling them first come first served. This means if you've been to 3 or 4 European aways then you've just as much chance as someone who's never been before.

19. Millerntor

Nah, C is 2 games, D is 1, E is 0.

They are doing it a sensible way for once, no need at all to letter this game.

20. brian67

Hi I have booked flights to Barcelona was wondering if anyone has bought tickets from the nou camp ticket office on the day of the game or will they not sell to away supporters ? thanks