1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Dáibhí, Jul 13, 2014.

Discuss The Wrestling Thread in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. pokerbhoy74

2. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Been watching monday night war. You think ted turner should go into hall of fame

3. Dáibhí

True dat.

[​IMG]

4. Xavier Woods

Fav Celtic Player:
    Erik Sviatchenko
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Is wwe.com * up for anyone else? I'm using Hola and set to American so I can sign up for the Network but any time I click buy now it just refreshes the * "How to watch" page?!

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eADDfQ4Qpls[/ame]

- Mick Foley wrote the following on his Facebook page today:

"FOLEY FOR GM?

When asked a few months ago on social media how I would feel about another run as a WWE General Manager, I said. "I don't think I will be asked, and would turn down the offer if I was."

Well, after my appearance on WWE Monday Night Raw a few weeks ago, I've kind of changed my tune. That appearance energized me, and made me feel like I just might have something to offer #WWE on a more regular basis.

I think there is a chance I'll be asked about becoming GM within the next year - and if asked... I think I'd do it,"

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2014
  6. pokerbhoy74

Last 16 for British Bootcamp 2 this Sunday

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KwMyuJoIjk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KwMyuJoIjk[/ame]

7. pokerbhoy74

Ring apron at the UK shows with the WWE Network logo covered with tape :56:

[​IMG]

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Bad time for them so far on this tour ah well it happens

9. Tulf

* * I wish this man was still on RAW every week.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wroqcQVcoIg"]CM Punk's Hometown Entrance - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9PIdDXmLgY"]WWE Raw 7-25-11: CM Punk Returns and John Cena is new WWE Champion [HD] FULL - YouTube[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TZ3UiBlJRY[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMPDJctjqKg"]CM Punk cuts the BEST WWE Promo in YEARS - YouTube[/ame]

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Birmingham house show

* Match 1 – The Miz w/Damien Mizdow vs. Sheamus

The Miz did a promo saying he loved the city, but hated the Birmingham people. Of course he was booed. Sandow received huge pops. Sheamus came out to a massive reception.

The bell went and Miz begged off, eventually making his way around the ring tripping on the apron. The crowd gave him a massive “You Fell Over!” chant, and he grabbed the mic and said “I meant to do that!” More boos.

Miz got the upper hand and eventually asked the crowd who they liked. Everyone said Sandow so he told him to go to the back which got more boos. A bit more Miz with a Figure 4 followed by a Sheamus Brogue Kick and the 1 2 3.

They then played the Vince network video which was booed by the adults and ignored by the children.

* Match 2 – Mark Henry vs Xavier Woods
    Henry came out smiling, Xavier came out as his old gimmick. Henry put his arm around Wood and said that he was a great talent and a friend, but that he’s upset he’s supposedly changed. He gave him the choice to either leave now or take a beating. Woods stayed, and got blindsided by Henry. A Worlds Strongest Slam later and Henry is your winner. He gave Woods another slam before leaving, and Woods was applauded out of the building.

* Match 3 – Los Matadores and El Torito vs SlaterGator and Hornswoggle.

This was the fan vote match – a tag team match or a dance off voted for by the crowd. 57-43 in favour of a match and DING DING DING!

Torito and Hornswoggle to start and Hornswoggle got the upper hand before the action went back and forth. Titus O’Neill eventually got in but was knocked down, before everyone got involved.

The legal men ended up being the bull and the gator, of which the former pulled off a top rope flip for pin to give the win to Los Matadores.

They showed a Seth Rollins promo video before the Divas match.

* Match 4 – Paige and Nikki Bella vs AJ Lee

Brie Bella was scheduled to be AJ’s tag partner but Nikki decided she should manage her tonight, making this a handicap match.

Paige started off against AJ and was cheered very loudly as she dominated the action, then Nikki Bella self tagged and then dominated AJ.

Paige kept asking for the tag but didn’t receive it, and eventually jumped off the apron and walked out.

Brie got onto the apron and started a ‘Yes’ chant to allow AJ to get the roll up on Nikki for the pin.

Nikki berated Brie in the ring, slapped her, and asked her to hold the ropes open as they left.

* Match 5 – Rusev vs. Big Show
    Lana cut a promo against the UK before showing Putins mughot. The video screen from my point showed Putin with half his face cut off which was funny. Big Show came out to a massive reaction.

The match started and was quite even until Big Show took an eye poke during his corner slaps spot.

The action spilled outside where Rusev used a chair causing the DQ. He put Big Show in the Accolade, which caused Mark Henry to come down to pick at the remains. He knocked Big Show down, but Show knocked Henry OUT and had to be carried out to the back.

INTERMISSION

* Match 6 – Jack Swagger w/Zeb Colter vs. Damien Mizdow

Double duty for Mizdow as he took the lead against Swagger. They did a hair pull spot with the ref where Mizdow kept faking pull downs and eventually faked a punch to himself. It was mainly Mizdow until a false finish with a Swagger Bomb.

Mizdow attempted the Skullcrushing Finale, but Swagger rolled it into a Patriot Lock for the tap out.

After the match Colter cut a promo stating it was good to be back in Alabama!

* Match 7 – Kofi Kingston and Big E vs. Like Harper and Erick Rowan
    Kofi got a massive pop from the crowd, and Big E came out doing the NXT ’5′ stuff. Harper and Rowan got massive cheers and the phone torches were on display.

It was Harper and Kofi to start and Ladies and Gentlemen Kofi Kingston became YOUR Babyface In Peril.

The hot tag was made and Big E did a double splash before Kofi flew over the top rope. Rowan took a top rope 3D to give Kofi and Big E the win. A good match overall.

* Match 8 – Seth Rollins vs. John Cena in a Birmingham Street Fight
    Seth looked to do a promo but John Cena made his entrance. Don’t be fooled, Cena was cheered by EVERYONE. The Cena Sucks chants were all for show.

They start with Seth trying to use the case which caused Cena to grab a chair. Lots of Cena, who also grabbed the most of the weaponry.

Seth made a comeback and cut a promo on a downed Cena. Rollins had tons of heat.

A table was set up and it looked like Cena would AA Seth through it, but he shoved it out the way. The table was set up in the corner as they carried on the fight.

There were a number of spots where Seth went through the corner table, Cena went into the steps, Cena escaped from a Superplex, and Cena threw the steps which missed Seth and went into the aisle.

Seth eventually set up another table and went to Curb Stomp Cena through it, but Cena finally hit the AA through the table for the 123.

Belfast house show

Before the show there were quite a lot of CM Punk & Y2J chants.

* Adrian Neville defeated Sami Zayn in a very good match.

* Adam Rose defeated Justin Gabriel in a short and very poor match. Rose danced with the bunny even though they spilt on Smackdown.

There was a choice of a singles divas or a 6 divas tag match. The 6 divas tag match won.

* Natalya, Naomi and Emma defeated Cameron, Summer Rae and Layla in a very good match.

* Dolph Ziggler defeated Cesero in a very poor match for their standards. There were random "Randy Savage", "CM Punk", "Charles Robinson" and "TNA" chants during this match.

* R-Truth defeated Fandango in a squash match. Truth got a "whoop dat * chant" going. Fandango then issued an open challenge and said he wanted another match.

* Ryback answered Fandango's open challenge and defeated him just as quickly.

* Gold and Stardust defeated The Usos in an awesome match.

* Dean Ambrose defeated Bray Wyatt and Kane in a handicap match. After the match, Bray was trying to put Ambrose through a table until Dolph Ziggler made the save. Ambrose then put Bray through the table.

On two occasions was people asked to leave. One person got ejected for throwing an apple at Cesero. Another person got kicked out for grabbing Stardust's ring gear. Eden then got involved, since it's her husband, and security had to break it up.

12. Xavier Woods

Fav Celtic Player:
    Erik Sviatchenko
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Decided * it and bought the Network. Tried to watch Backlash 2000 and WrestleMania 30 and got an error message saying "There's a problem with this video. We are working on it. Please try again later"

This is right good.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction on how the * you watch this on your Xbox?

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Belfast was surprisingly not bad last night

15. twiggybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I've been using unblock us

16. twiggybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I've got too much man love for Devitt, I mean just look at him he's fuckig amazing

17. twiggybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
  18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Why would someone throw an apple at Cesaro :56:

20. twiggybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Maybe the man who threw it didn't think he was cool?