1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Dáibhí, Jul 13, 2014.

Discuss The Wrestling Thread in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    He's the best thing in wrestling just now imo, taking the TNT title off him and giving it to Guevara is my only major gripe with AEW so far.

Think he should be the one to dethrone Hangman.

neilly1987 and Valhalla like this.
  2. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I think they need to give it to Bryan as soon as possible and have him go full heel turn.

Long term though they need to have Punk champion with MJF winning it off him at All Out in Chicago in a couple of years.

Miro is unbelievable but I change my mind on what they should do with him because he’s an absolute monster sometimes less is more…

3. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Sadly don't think Bryan will go full heel, him and Hangman will shake hands after their match and he'll go back to being a tweener.

Also don't see hangman dropping the belt until Revolution at the earliest, will be interesting to see who he drops it to, I think it should be miro (or maybe Malakai black), then maybe have Punk (if he doesn't turn heel) beat him for it.

or maybe we'll all get swerved and we'll get Cody two-belts. Would be worth it just to see the meltdown :56:

neilly1987 likes this.
  4. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I think he’s dropping it to Bryan straight away :giggle1:

Punk has spoken about wanting to do a tag team with Bryan but he seems to be having the time of his life just running about doing what he wants.

In the New Year I defo think they need to cut a lot of * though. The Inner Circle, Dark Order, HFO need to get off TV altogether.

Push Team Taz, especially with the hype around Hook. Don’t even have him wrestle just constantly have him in front of the crowd and getting reactions. Push Santana and Ortiz. Work out what they’re doing with House of Black, Andrade etc.

The amount of talent they’ve got is frightening but there’s so much * that drags it down that they could cut and literally not miss.

neilly1987 likes this.
  5. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Absolutely detest the HFO, instant channel changer whenever they come on.

Inner Circle used to be good, but all it's doing now is holding back Santana and Ortiz, let them do their own thing.

I could also do without the Dan Lambert stuff, was good to start with but it's the same * every week now when he's on.

Would love to see Ricky Starks win a title this year, think the guy has endless charisma.

Valhalla likes this.
  6. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Starks with Hobbs and Hook in the background is money.

Hook stole the show again last night. His selling is a bit green but he just looks like a superstar man. GOAT entrance as well.

HTG likes this.
  7. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Apparently WWE are scrapping covid tests. Recently had to fly Edge on Boxing day for MSG show as they had no Big E or Roman Reigns. So it seems its the old bury your head in the sand technique

8. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Is Roman Reigns no dead vulnerable as well because of all the chemotherapy? If I was him I’d tell them to get to *.

Westlondonscot likes this.
  9. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    They really, REALLY need to cut some people and stop just filling cards with 8/10 man tags. There’s nae need for it especially when so many of them involved in it are useless and wouldn’t be missed.

Just give that space to younger talent and don’t even make storylines just tell them go out and try have a classic.

Jericho ruins * everything man. You knew as soon as Kingston and Punk were done and how good Kingston looked coming out of it that Jericho was going to get involved.

I love Jade and obviously she’ll win the title but she needs so much work… they’ve back themselves into a corner. She’s a once in a generation type freak of nature so they have to keep her unbeaten but now they need to put the title on here when she’s not ready.

Best thing they could do is probably when she wins the title just have her MJF it and barely wrestle. Basically always have her around and smashing * but say she’s not having an actual match unless she gets paid more and try drag it out for a while until she gets better.

Shida granting Deeb the rematch was the best thing about last nights show. Best feud going just now.

10. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Aye their Roster is pretty bloated right now, and with the constant rumours of Gargano/Wyatt it's only going to get worse.

Not saying they should start cutting people like WWE do, but they definitely need to:

A - Extend Rampage to 2 hours
    B - Drop acts like the HFO to Dark
    C - Decide on proper segments, there was absolutely no need for that Lambert/Brandi segment, it was utter pish.

Valhalla likes this.
  11. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    “You might be a black belt. But I’m a black *.” No cringed like that in years.

It’s not even like they don’t have the talent to fill the shows out. It’s at the stage that forcing the * talent on the shows/into programmes with the real talent is dragging everything down.

Was honestly dreading them signing Owens or Zayn and them getting forced into the whole Young Bucks/Elite storyline as well.

The hard on Khan has for factions and pairing every single young talent since it worked with Darby/Sting is mental. Ironically the one thing you’re guaranteed with Wyatt is he’d make a cracking stable…

Even just use the FTR belt for the likes of Starks, Dante, Garcia, Moriarty, Shotty Lee etc. Even use Kingston as some sort of experienced leader of that division like Ciampa in NXT.

Can only imagine how much worse it’s going to get after Covid and all the Japanese Mexican talents etc start all coming in for runs…

12. dmccourt95

AEWs biggest problem is the lack of a proper booker, would like to see Dutch mantell get hired for that role

13. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I love Mantell but I’d rather they brought in someone younger with new ideas. (Not in a WWE creative way.) Ironically Triple H would probably be perfect for AEW considering what he done with NXT.

It’s the stuff when they just fling people together to save time that’s the problem. Constant 8/10 tag matches, random backstage segments just to give people screen time, interruptions etc.

A lot of it like Jericho/Inner Circle, Brandi, Dan Lambert, Dark Order is Khan giving his pals stuff to do.

I do think even if they got someone on like Mantell and he wanted to drop the stupid * Khan would veto it because they’re his pals.

14. dmccourt95

Yeah it’s very much a company by wrestlers for wrestlers, every interview anyone on the roster gives always talks about how it’s the best place to work etc, that’s great but it sometimes doesn’t translate well into good tv. For me they should be aiming for Smackdown 2002-2005/6 type of show as that was the perfect mix of quality wrestling and segments imo

15. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Apparently your man Miro is injured @HTG and that’s why he’s been off TV recently.

Hopefully with his recent vignette playing he’s on his way back.

HTG likes this.
  16. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Thank *, I can only take so much HFO.

Valhalla likes this.
  17. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Tony Khan can not take Criticism, holy * :56:

18. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That Fenix arm break :42:

Supposedly Jake Atlas done his knee on his debut at the Rampage tapings vs Cole as well.

Horrific man.

19. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Jericho’s hair dye :rofl::rofl::rofl: honestly get the * to * man.

Loved Deeb’s promo about Shida, shock.

Surprised they Hangman win clean against Bryan. Get the feeling with that and the Punk stopping MJF getting a title shot, while MJF refuses to fight Punk… Punk will be the one to beat Hangman and MJF will win it off Punk in Chicago :D

HTG likes this.
  20. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Ended up turning it off and not even watching the Main Event.

The overbooking is embarrassing and completely ruining the show.

Genuinely struggling to think of one segment that was actually good or made sense.