1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Weightloss/ Getting Fit Thread!

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Joe T, Dec 29, 2011.

Discuss The Weightloss/ Getting Fit Thread! in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Longer distances help a lot mate yeah.. I started watching a few YouTube videos to see the best way to improve your endurance and the number 1 thing I came across was to go nice and slow and increase your distance rather than constantly trying to push yourself as fast as you can go. Keeping your exercise anaerobic (at a pace where you could comfortably maintain a conversation), they say, that can really increase your endurance and I’ve certainly noticed a big difference ever since I’ve eased off on the pace and increased distance.

Maestro 08 and Chieftain like this.
  2. Chieftain

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Defo. I only really did 5 k's before. I then tried a 10 k just with the aim of getting through it. Once I did a couple of 10 k's, my endurance and speed improved a lot for the 5k's.

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Gonna try and use some of these of going quite slow the whole way chaps. See if it pays off. I'm usually just under 5 minute's for my first 1k and about 5 minute's or just over usually..

Only done the 1 run this week, yesterday, just under 5k..

Doing loads of workouts in the morning, park apparatus and walked miles and miles this week..

I've done just shy of 10 hour's and 20 minute's since Monday. 15.66 k today alone so far walking on my Samsung health app..

Starting to see some results, just need to tone a bit more on the derby..

Getting there..

Fair play to those of you out here battering it :50:

4. Chieftain

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Good times mate and great mileage done

McChiellini.. likes this.
  5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Took your tips today chaps and started off at a steady pace and done 8k no problem really without stopping. 46 minute's at a steady pace and felt like I could've done more really..

That's double or almost what I usually start off with just by changing that wee simple thing. I always start at a quicker pace and push a bit at some point's, sometimes don't even know I'm doing it. I'm the same with walking as I've got long leg's..

Bit slower and steady helped big time. Lower back wasn't sore running for a change but my right knee I could feel a bit as if it was an old joint..

Much better though and cheers. Fuckall and simple to most but that proper helped massively there :50:

6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Trying to get back into the swing of it.

Played non-contact 5s the last few weeks and it showed up how unfit I am.

Doing a 4k circuit every 2nd day, with weights on the alternates.

Diet will be the hardest thing for me to nail. Eating better the last week or so but not proper strict.

7. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    @McGuire

One of the best ways to alleviate lower back pain while running, is to strengthen your glutes. Lots of squats and lunges.

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Cheers man I'll give that a go :50:

Was just watching criticalbench.com some squat one's and that to try..

Callum McGregor likes this.
  9. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Friday again! Was * off last week so really went for it this week. Extra sessions, extra on the running machine, was cleaner.

Paid off and lost 3lb! Woooo best weightloss in ages. Caught up after last weeks disaster. Going to do it again this week. So thats me now 2 stone and 2lb down. Another 11lb until full t-shirt enjoyment going by past weights although I can fit in them now. Woop. No longer the same 3 t shirts required. I estimate now around July I should be hitting abbsville. Not stopping this time.

Probably lost a lb on my thumbs googling howe last night :56:

10. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Been struggling with consistency recently and put on a tonne of weight. Usually aim to do a HIIT and abs workout 4-5 times a week along with 3 or 4 weight sessions. My diets predominantly vegetarian but I’ve been eating a lot more meat recently as well. Need to seriously get back into the swing - having a bevvy with family today but going to start back hard tomorrow.

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Morning run again..

8.23k exact in 48 minute's..

Was a struggle in the light snow man and wind. Soon as I stopped the sun was splitting the trees :giggle1:

12. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Another Friday and another 2lb.

Away to gain that 2lb today! :56: got a set of rib smoking on the bbq attempting the 3 2 1 method. Got them all rubbed up yesterday.

Starting weight 19.7
    Current 17.3.

2-3 stone to go.

Shall report back next week.

(Full disclosure, had lost 1lb until mid weigh i needed a poo and lost 2lb :56: )

13. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Running 35k this afternoon, will be my longest run.

Have done a few 30k’s and they were tough but hopefully get through it ok. Have my first marathon coming up for the May bank holiday weekend.

honda likes this.
  14. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    That was absolute * yesterday. Didn’t really carb load for it which was a massive mistake. Was just happy to get through it but not too pleased with the time. Did it in 3 hours 21.

Lesson learned for the big one in a few weeks I suppose.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  15. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Another week gone! Another 2lb gone. 3 stone is in sight! Kind of.

19.7 to 17.1. Here we go to the 16s next week!

First person noticed aswel. Only 4 months in for someone to ask have I lost weight. Ofcourse I replied no I don't think so hahahaha.

16. dmccourt95

Down to 12 stone 8, lost 2 stone in the last 6 months and this is the lightest I’ve been since I was 18 7 years ago. This is the most motivated I’ve ever been to keep exercising and eating healthy.

Has anyone any tips to burn that last bit of stubborn belly fat and love handles while gaining muscle?

honda likes this.
  17. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I'm saving low carb for once I'm at your stage. Should only take 6 weeks max. Its easily the best way to strip fat as you get low down. Its what all the body builders do on the prep for competition.

dmccourt95 likes this.
  18. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Body fat is body fat. There is no way to specifically target the stubborn belly fat. Just keep doing what you are doing.

If you want to gain muscle at the same time it will be harder/take longer. You will need to be in a very small calorie deficit if you want to keep adding muscle too, make sure you are getting plenty protein, and patience, lots of patience and consistency, and honesty with what is going in your chops.

If you just wanted to lose the fat quicker, then you can go for a bigger calorie deficit, but it would likely be to the detriment of your muscle gain.

Great work so far :50:

dmccourt95 and honda like this.
  19. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Lol :56:
    . soupyeahsoup_20210416_173215_0.jpg

Seán Mac D likes this.
  20. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Forgot last week but stayed the same and lost 1lb this week, although currently need a * but too scared to attempt the sit.... Excercise has hit the floor though since I can't walk :56: currently standing like the leaning tower of * back. I even have a nice spot that I can rub and feel my shin... hopefully it'll * off soon since outdoor contact sport starts in about 2-3 weeks and I'm finally hitting a very good vertical.

Anyway once I build the courage up for a * I might get below 17st until then 17st and going all the way to abbsville.