1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Transfers/Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by holy pope, Dec 19, 2011.

Discuss The Transfers/Transfer Rumours Thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Literally doesn't surprise me. I have a couple of Manchester United friends who know nothing about World football. They would literally rather sign a 29 year old Harry Kane or a 33 year old Lewendowski than younger players like Nunez/Haaland. Ironically, they're going to miss out on all 4 of them.

hidey-holey, neilly1987 and Luz1904 like this.
  2. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    He's got the potential to be even better than Haaland in my opinion. Haaland is a beast but I'm not entirely sure he's the right fit for a Manchester City team under Pep. Of course, he will score a barrel full of goals but I don't think his style and Peps style will go together terrifically well. Kinda like Grealish. Clearly an excellent football player but it's not worked for him at city under Pep.

Nunez will * thrive at Liverpool under Klopp.

The_Bhoy, neilly1987 and Luz1904 like this.
  3. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Give Doak a few year…

4. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Tbh Haaland was phenomenal business and if he can stay injury free he will be clear of everyone imo

5. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Absolutely ridiculous business from City. Dortmund usually play blinders with this sort of thing but I don't even think they knew how good he would be.

They only bought him from Salzburg for like £17m. So they have made well over £30m on him but if the buy out was £100m instead of £52m, someone would have still triggered it. He's * unreal.

AdamRS likes this.
  6. celtic warrior

Agreed....Haalands agent/team/whoever negotiated his contract has * taken Dortmund for a ride big time...to have a release clause of around £50something million even with wages he'd command now...is a joke.

There is no way talent like that should be having such a weak release clause.

AdamRS likes this.
  7. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    To be fair, I think the release clause was put in there by Dortmund to get him to the club. Both Juventus and Man Utd wanted him but he wanted to play and he wanted a release clause so he could move on if need be. Dortmund played a blinder in that sense. They pipped both Juve and United by putting in the buy out after 2 years at the club. At the point the contract was signed, I don't think they expected him to turn out to be as good as what he has done. His numbers are * ridiculous.

The_Bhoy and neilly1987 like this.
  8. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    If i was Man UTD i’d be going for Patrik Schick

Maestro 08 likes this.
  9. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Bayern wanted him so Leverkusen just extended his deal last week.

Rolfes as their DOF is doing some job.

neilly1987 likes this.
  10. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I thought he would of been a good replacement for Lewa. Aye their recruitment is superb

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. Keano88

Gravenberch to Bayern for €25m or so seems a right bargain in this market.

Already got Mazrouai for free from Ajax as well and looks like they’re strong favourites for Mane and Laimer.

Lewandowski wants to go to Barcelona so if they punt him then I’ve no idea who they’d get to replace him tbh.

13. Keano88

Madrid midfield options looking very nice with the addition of Tchouameni.

[​IMG]

Valhalla likes this.
  14. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Bayern signing Gravenberch for €25m while West Ham are asking for £150m for Declan Rice :giggle1:

15. dmccourt95

Tbf to them they’ve no financial need to sell and it’s England so may as well ask for mental money and if they got it would afford them the chance to buy 2/3 quality players

16. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Athletic article with EPL and Championship scouts about recruiting from Scotland.

"What is the general opinion about buying from Scotland?

Premier League scout 1: It (rude word removed)'s me off a little bit because I think we don’t pay enough attention to the Scottish Premiership. There’s some excellent players in there waiting for a chance elsewhere but the reality is they won’t always get it.

It’s hard to convince managers and sporting directors that they (signings from Scotland) are going to make a Premier League team better. Also, when Sir Alex Ferguson was around, there were a lot more Scottish people involved in the English game. People always had knowledge. There’s not as many now.

Clubs were afraid to sign Virgil van Dijk from Celtic for a long time, remember. Many weren’t quite sure, because the Scottish league is known to be aggressive and played at a high tempo but with little ability. It’s not the case."

And no, it wasn't me!

Another said;

"If you can handle the ball in Scotland, England will be a breeze. Very few Scots go to England and fail.

We watch individuals, and you see qualities and imagine them (playing) with better players. So the standard of the league is nothing to worry about. If you play outside of the Old Firm and can go to Ibrox and Parkhead and perform, you will be OK in England."

Premier League scout 8: It’s all about appropriateness. I like David Turnbull as his tactical awareness of how to play against a low block is really good and that is what we need at our club, so doing that every week for Celtic is good for us to assess. Calvin Bassey wouldn’t suit us though, as we need to be better on the ball and his athleticism bails him out some of the time, but he’s developed brilliantly (since a summer 2020 move from Leicester City’s academy ranks).

Premier League scout 1: Their Europa League run showed Rangers can play against different opposition and strength of opposition. But the Bundesliga has been going downhill for a while now — it’s also the worst German national team for 15 years — so as good as those victories (in the knockout phase over Borussia Dortmundand RB Leipzig) would have felt for Rangers, I’m not sure they’re going to be game-changers.

If you’re out, on the ground, all you can do is put in your reports, tick the boxes and keep banging the drum. The Europa League run will just tick another box. So, yes, maybe some Premier League teams will take the plunge. But I think it’s going to be a difficult market.

McKagan likes this.
  17. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Canny believe his only options seem to be Fulham and Wolves…

18. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Probably the money, as * as they are they might be able to give players like this £100k a week. Outside England theres probably only 20 other European teams who can afford that type of money.

19. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Good player but he seems like probably the last thing that Arsenal team needs this window.

20. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Mentioned Leverkusen’s recruitment a few pages back.

1A688EF3-B1FF-4800-9D8A-A53D06B2766C.jpeg

Wirtz Diaby and Hlozek(not even including Frimpong who’s on the graph as well)as a potential 3 behind Schick is unreal. Still to add Mudryk to that anaw.

Would imagine there’ll be some clubs keeping an eye on Rolfes and the job he’s doing there.