1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Tennis Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Markybhoy, May 16, 2014.

Discuss The Tennis Thread in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    2B232797-0E68-4190-8F2D-34E599C6925A.jpeg

Neal Skupski and Desirae Krawczyk win the Mixed Doubles.

2. murphy88

Would have liked to see Kyrgios and Nadal. Thought that had the potential to be a cracker. Hopefully Djokovic trounces Norrie. I think Kyrgios v Djokovic would be an interesting final as well.

3. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Final 3 left in the mens draw are the biggest * on the tour, a hun and the biggest cheat in the history of the sport.

* me.

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Serious question because I'm not a massive follower of tennis. Is there any evidence of Djokovic being a cheat?

5. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I can guarantee you that you know a * of a lot more about tennis than you do about football :celt_2:

6. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Define evidence, I’d suggest my last post would be enough. Which is one of many similar videos there are available.

Also have a look at Boris Becker’s reaction to Andy Murray’s public statement about knowing there are drug cheats in the sport. Who just happened to be Djoker Nole’s coach at the time…

7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

:56:

The deranged one is back. Good wee disappearing act again the other day.

MacEwan likes this.
  8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

So you seriously believe Djokovic was taking some sort of illegal substance to enhance his performance in full view of the Wimbledon crowd and millions watching around the world? Come on.

I used to really like the guy, but his antics during lockdown made me think he's a bit of a *. Having said that, as far as I'm aware he's never been found guilty of cheating in any form. So to suggest he's the biggest cheat in the history of the sport seems a bit of a leap.

9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Yes. Explain it another way for me if not?

Was Lance Armstrong not a cheat until the house of cards crumbled?

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Could be this...

Djokovic would have to be the thickest * on the planet to take something illegal on court at Wimbledon. It just makes no sense whatsoever. The fact that it's not plastered over the sports news channels probably suggests that it's nothing malicious.

Don't see the relevance of the Lance Armstrong point. You can suspect people to be cheats all you like but unless there's actual evidence of wrongdoing, to call something the biggest cheat in the history of their sport is a mental thing to say.

You may be right. Maybe it turns out he is and has been cheating. But until now there's nothing to prove he has.

11. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Disappearing act? Its called having a life outwith dribbling pretentious * all over social media and forums :56:

12. murphy88

If Djokovic is taking performance enhancing drugs, the likelihood is that they are all at it. As Lance Armstrong said, if he wasn’t taking them, he wouldn’t have won anything, because there were plenty others doing it as well. I’m not sure Djokovic would be doing it sitting in his chair at Wimbledon however :56:. I think he would try and be more discreet about it.

Surely tennis players get drug tested regularly as well?

13. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Nobody talks like this in real life so give it a rest ya wideo.

Cena likes this.
  14. honda Gold Member Gold Member

The beauty of golf. Apart from scored card lying, you can't really cheat. No point being jacked like he-man if the ball doesn't go straight :56:

As for pro sport, imo the majority are at it some form or another. Even Ronnie Coleman the 7 times Mr olympia pretends he just takes creatine :56: :56: :56:

15. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

You don’t see the relevance of me using a drugs cheat from another sport that flew under the radar for years?

He inhaled a bottle after making sure it was the correct one with his team in the stand, wise up. His performance noticeably improved thereafter.

If you have read some of his statements recently you’d not be far off in thinking he was the thickest * on the planet. He thinks he can cleanse things with the power of his mind.

16. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Yes having that wonderful life where you post nonsense on here at half 4 in the morning.

What a life.

MacEwan likes this.
  17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I’m not sure what you’re struggling to understand here, Paul. Until there is actual evidence that he is and has been cheating, to call him “the biggest cheat in the history of the sport” is ridiculous.

Again, he’s said some stupid * in his time. But there’s absolutely no chance he’s taking some illegal substance on court at Wimbledon with the whole world watching him.

Why is this not headline news? Surely if that was clearly an illegal substance he was taking, it would be picked up by every news outlet under the sun questioning what the * he was taking?

18. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

The Wimbledon media and officials are worried about Kyrgios wearing red trainers and a red hat to a press conference.

They are hardly going to let Djokovic inhale an illegal substance on the court.

Do we know what it could even have been and what benefit it would have instantly?

19. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

You should have left your input at you don’t know much about tennis I think, mate.

20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Actually not what I said but no surprise to see you resorting to that pish after making a farcical argument.

I’m still waiting for the evidence of Djokovic being the biggest cheat in the history of tennis.