1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The-Summer-transfer-thread!-Rumours-offers-

Discussion in 'World Football' started by holy pope, May 22, 2011.

Discuss The-Summer-transfer-thread!-Rumours-offers- in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Manchester City set for double Japanese swoop
    Japan internationals Keisuke Honda and Yuki Abe are lined up as the first new signings of Manchester City's ambitions to win the Premier League title and take on Europe's elite in the Champions League.

Linked with a plethora of world stars from Lionel Messi to Cristiano Ronaldo, Roberto Mancini's first assault takes place with City broadening their global reach.

Honda is rated one of the best footballers Japan has produced. The forward made an impact in the World Cup finals, alongside Yuki Abe in midfield. Honda is currently with CSKA Moscow, while his close friend Abe has already sampled life in England and the game in this country under Sven Goran Eriksson at Leicester City.

Even though there has been absolutely zero speculation about either Japanese stars, an ESPNsoccernet insider says: "The deals are under way, and expect both players to be at Eastlands."

Honda is a recognised global figure having come to the attention of Liverpool earlier in the season when Roy Hodgson was still manager. He has been has linked with Arsenal since the World Cup, as well as AC Milan.

Honda started his career at Gamba Osaka, the same club as former Arsenal player Junichi Inamoto, before moving onto Nagoya Grampus Eight.

Yuki Abe moved from Urawa Red Diamonds to Leicester City but is now eager to join Honda at Eastlands. He played in all of Japan's World Cup games before they lost to Paraguay in the first knockout round.

He was the youngest ever to play in the J-League when he made his debut in August 1998 and played a vital role in Urawa winning the 2007 Asian Champions League. The 29-year-old has made 36 appearances for Leicester this season, scoring one goal.

Real close to sign Fabio Coentrão for 30 million euros

Pirlo signed For Juve according to agent.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2011
  2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Would love to see ore of Honda, cracking player.

No way is Coentrão worth that much but he is a good player.

3. Conor1994

Yuki Abi to Man City? You been on the happy pills?

4. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Denilson to quit Gunners | Arsenal News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Brazilian midfielder Denilson has stunned Arsenal by announcing that he wishes to leave the club.

The 23-year-old has been on the Gunners' books since 2006 and has made over 150 appearances for the club.

He has, however, grown disillusioned with life at the Emirates and believes the time has come to move on.

The Samba star claims a lack of silverware is to blame for his transfer request, with Arsenal having gone six years since they last picked up a trophy.

"I am a winner and I came here to win trophies but I've been here for five years and won nothing. A footballer's career is over very quickly so it is time for me to move on."
    Denilson
    Quotes of the week
    Denilson feels he needs to make a fresh start if he is to make the most of his career and sees himself playing in the Primera Liga or Serie A in the near future.

"This has been the worst season of my life and I am so upset, so frustrated," he told The Sun.

"I am a winner and I came here to win trophies but I've been here for five years and won nothing.

"A footballer's career is over very quickly so it is time for me to move on.

Crazy

"This is not a sudden decision. I made up my mind eight months ago.

"I was fed up of coming home and feeling down.

"But I haven't said anything until now because I did not want to disrupt the team during the season. And I haven't caused a big scene.

SKY SPORTS ON SKY

There's more live football on Sky Sports than ever before, including the Barclays Premier League, UEFA Champions League, Clydesdale Bank Premier League, England away Euro 2012 qualifiers and La Liga. With four live Sky Sports channels, as well as Sky Sports News, you'll never miss a moment on Sky. Click here for more.

"I've simply been to see Arsene Wenger and told him how I felt and he's agreed to let me go.

"I know some people will think I am crazy. They are right. It is a great club with a great organisation, a great manager and so many talented players.

"Yes, I make a good living at Arsenal but other things in life are important.

"I need a fresh challenge and although I know I'm taking a big gamble I am ready to take that risk."

Denilson added: "I can't see myself returning in a Chelsea shirt or Liverpool or Manchester City, and definitely not Tottenham. I think my future will be in Spain or Italy."

Don't know if anyone else posted this or if this is even the right forum, but thought it was interesting. I'm pretty sure he's mainly a squad player over there, but it still says something about the morale of some of their players. I think everyone wants Wenger to buy big.

5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    It'll be interesting to see where he goes, on his day he's good.

6. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    DTguardian Raphael Varane, Lens defender, on #MUFC talks: 'It's a dream. I'm talking to my parents to decide what is best'

Fee meant to be 3million with add ons to 9million deal just about done and dusted .

Brazilian striker Dentinho has joined FC Shakhtar Donetsk for a fee of €7.5m, moving to the Ukrainian champions from SC Corinthians Paulista on a five-year deal.

Dentinho will become the eighth Brazilian to ply his trade at Shakhtar, joining compatriots Fernandihno, Jadson, Willian, Douglas Costa, Alex Teixeira, Bruno and Luiz Adriano as part of the squad for next season's UEFA Champions League campaign.

Galatasaray wants Källström
    Having reached an agreement with Johan Elmander, Galatasaray would recruit Kim Kallstrom (28 years) the middle of the Swedish LO according to Le Parisien.

Unal Aysal, the new chairman of the Istanbul club, Kallstrom could have made one of its primary targets in midfield. The former Rennes still has a year contract of OL 6million fee close to being agreed.

Rossi to Barcelona: Personal terms have been agreed and the clubs just have to agree a fee according to reports in Spain.

Barca close to signing left back Andre Santos of Fenerbahce according to Spanish reports.

Adil Rami- Lille to Valencia- £10M done .

Bundesliga
    İlkay Gündoğan- Nurnberg to Dortmund- £4.4M
    Thomas Kraft- Bayern Munich to Hertha Berlin- Free Transfer
    Ibrahim Traore- Augsburg to Stuggart- Fees Undisclosed
    Nils Petersen- Energie Cottbus to Bayern Munich- £2.46M
    Marcel Risse- Leverkusen to Mainz- Fees Undisclosed
    B]Andre Schürrle[/B]- Mainz 05 to Bayern Leverkusen- £7.02M

Ac Milan , Allegri: "We've signed Mexes and Taiwo, so we don't need any other reinforcementes for the defence".

Edinson Cavani Signs Five Year Permanent deal with Napoli

Diego Alves Almeria to Valencia

7. celtic 1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I seen the other day Altintop has signed for Real Madrid from bayern

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye same with Nuri Sahin.

9. kris_bhoy_1916

willow flood has signed for dundee utd :56:

10. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    Chris Maguire is going to Derby for £400k

11. Conor1994

No he hasn't.

12. kris_bhoy_1916

yes he has

13. BhoyKane1888

Well he's a free agent. Dundee UTD are interested and there is the possibility who could come up here.

14. Conor1994

No he hasn't.

15. Hydrobhoy

I heard earlier that flood signed a 2 year deal at tannadump.

Hail Hail:shamrock:

16. Heisenberg

heard he's signed aswell - don't think it's been confirmed yet but

17. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Ivan Perišić signed a 5-year contract with Borussia Dortmund big talent .

José Ángel (Sporting Gijón) to join Barcelona for 4M€

18. Smileyy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Alexis Sanchez to either Man Utd or Man City and De Rossi to Barca

19. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Think it will be City .

We have received an offer of €35m that we rejected. I do not want to name the club, out of respect. Sanchez is very young and we’d like him to stay for another year, plus we believe he’s worth more than €35m.”

Can not see us paying that type of money on him Inter linked with him as well

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2011
  20. Smileyy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I heard a few weeks ago that Man City had already completed a deal but then I heard it was Man Utd.

Inter Milan want him aswell but they've also been linked with Pastore, Hazard & Tevez