1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Stone Roses @ Glasgow Green. June 15th 2013

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Cobbs67, Oct 29, 2012.

Discuss The Stone Roses @ Glasgow Green. June 15th 2013 in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Ticket came today. Was chuffed as * when I came in and it was lying there :icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen:

2. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    Massively looking forward to this! :icon_mrgreen:

Heaton Park was a dream come true for me, now I'm gonna see them twice in a year!

Can't wait!

3. Scarecrow

Any spares for this?

4. Seán_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I'm looking as well, for a mate. He's the only one of us who didn't get a ticket.

5. Dhan

To be honest i prefer Ian Browns solo stuff better,Fav tunes F.E.A.R., & Time is my everthing

But if you have seen/heard Ians vocals live they can be a bit sketchy

6. Seán_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Depends what you're in to, but I find no comparison is to be made myself, the Roses stuff is much much better.

As for the vocals - aye they can be terrible. At Heaton Park I managed to get a ticket for the last day (despite being online and waiting at stupid o'clock on a Friday for the initial tickets:smiley-laughing002:) and his voice held up reasonably well. The atmosphere was unreal right enough so even if his voice was sketchy, we probably wouldn't have given a *. The others help him out a bit at times as well by joining in I noticed :50:

7. Dhan

Aye mate glasgow green will be good its amazing how many people when to the original gig back in late 80s (a bit like when we won the league at love street 5-1 in 1988 :smiley-laughing002:)

First roses album was immense and also the wee singles that came out like mersey paradise ect

Primal scream are a great act when Bobbys on fire, seen them in the tent at TITP and they were amazing Screamadelica is also a great album remember in my raving days comimg home in morning and at partys that album blasting out:50:

8. Seán_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Glasgow Green is one of the bands top 2/3 favourite gigs I remember reading an interview with either Brown or Mani, can't remember which. I cannot wait, I never thought I'd get to see them at all considering they split up long before I was at an age were I got in to them. Then Heaton Park came along and was one of the best nights of my life, the fact that this one is closer to home may swing it one way or the other in terms of my favourite :smiley-laughing002:

I'm looking forward to seeing Primal Scream, never saw them at all and am not exactly a big fan. I realise it's an opportunity to see a great band though and intend to lap it up. It doesn't hurt that I really like Jake Bugg and The View (great in a live gig btw) who are the other support acts.

All in all shaping up to be a crackin night. :icon_mrgreen::50:

9. Dhan

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2013
  10. Seán_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Love that video mate, haven't watched it in ages! The intro to I Wanna Be Adored is unreal. When we heard it in Heaton Park it just completely set the night off, it's perfect as the first song :hi5::smiley-laughing002:

11. seanolamisio

Fav Celtic Player:
    king henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    wasny at glasgow green but was at love street in 1986 when we won 5-0:52:

12. seanolamisio

Fav Celtic Player:
    king henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    bump. hows the ticket hunt going folks?am gonny wait til the last minute as usual n grab a bargain:50:

13. KidsWantUltra

Can't wait for this!

14. JC147

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Lubo, Lambert,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing,
    Looking forward to the cinema release of the roses comeback thats out soon too. Think the premieres are June.

15. gypsiebhoy77

Cant wait for this, anyone know of any decent pre gig/aftershow partys happening on the friday/saturday night??

16. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    Going. :50:

Have to say though. although I am buzzing for the gig, I don't have the same excitement I had for Heaton Park last year.

No doubt it will be a great gig, but my fear is the 'here we * go' :rolleyes: ned crew will take over and the bell-end factor will be off the scale at Glasgow Green.

On another note .. I am in the crowd shots in the new documentary at least twice. :icon_mrgreen:

17. Chavez

Not long now. Should be a brilliant night. With the best part of 50,000 people probably hitting the town afterwards it's sure to be a little chaotic:icon_mrgreen:

Anyone got an idea of what the script is with booze? Is it allowed in? Or will we, as usual, have to pay 4 quid for a plastic cup of diluted *.

18. TimFloyd Gold Member

I think it will be a certainty :smiley-laughing002:

19. St Patrick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy McCourt, Paddy Roberts, Sammy, Edouard
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roamin' in the Gloamin'
    No chance you will get booze in unless you smuggle it, and apparently you need to be careful doing that too.

I hope it doesn't rain but it isn't looking good forecast wise. Was in two minds whether to go or not to be honest but am becoming more enthusiastic.

20. Chavez

Aye thought as much.

No wonder sweets are so popular