1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Season Ticket Thread: all season ticket queries in here only

Discussion in 'Celtic Supporters Info' started by JamesConnolly, Apr 4, 2009.

Discuss The Season Ticket Thread: all season ticket queries in here only in the Celtic Supporters Info area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

If they refuse to give some form of compensation then I might consider handing in the season ticket all together, as I could pick and choose which games I would want to go to for cheaper, I could barely afford the season ticket so the money would be a great help.

2. Artur Boruc #1

It's already been confirmed that there will be no refund on the season tickets.

3. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    No wrigley, mines went up £30

4. canary

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Christ lads and lasses, if you think £36 for an * game is bad try supporting an English prem club. I did a lot of away games last year and i would have loved to have paid 36 for a game! Chelsea was 50 quid and the lowest was Liverpool ( i know right?!) which was 39.

I wouldnt swap our prem status for anything though!

5. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Shouldnt look at it as 17 games for £50 and 2 games for £84.

Should look at is as 21 games(you get a friendly and European game) for £134, your laughing at that price. About £6.50 a game fucksake :celt_2:

Ive had a season ticket since I was about 8 and back then I dont think they were cheap, I think my first season ticket cost £230 or something. Now kids get tickets at that age for £50.

6. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    I'm sure some form of compensation will be given. Maybe a few cup games.

7. Henriksdreads

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson / Lubo Moravcik / Paul Elliot
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Yeh but Canary, you get to see your team play Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd... we play St Mirren, St Johnstone, Dunfermline for our money.... not quite the same quality.

I obviously love watching Celtic, but would happily pay £5-10 a game more if we were in a league like the premiership!

8. canary

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Yeah good point. Although I went to most games in the championship also and I paid around £30-£35 for games then.

9. tommybhoy6

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal, Larsson All Time
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenrye
    Bought our tickets today £498 cash or we're paying £53 a month for 10 months.

So £32 interest :50:

10. TuffGong

Fav Celtic Player:
    leslie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    big leslie sticks da ball in da netty
    Where you sitting for that price? I paid about £580 lol.

11. Brady

How do you think today's events will affect season ticket prices then? Surely they cant still charge full whack for them as they used to sell season tickets without the old firm games for about 100 odd quid less.

12. jokeybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ynwa
    I fully understand where people are coming from,as I too pay an extra £70 for my wee bhoy to get the 2 huns games.i also understand that not everybody is a position to write the money off,but I'm not bothered,they can keep my money as a thank you for listening to the fans and voting no to newco

13. The taxman

Tbh the club have been stuck between a rock and a hard place. One one hand it can annoy many season tickets holders by letting people save £80 on the rest of the STH however the club can't just demand an extra £80 from people with ST that excluded rangers games. What happens if they refuse to pay the money...they'd have to refund that person, and with only a few weeks before the start of the season isn't going to work.Furthermore refunding every other STH £80 makes no financial sense , particularly at a time we're going to lose money. In my opinion the most senisable option for this season is to exclude club 12 games and ditch special season tickets next year.

14. KevvyBhoy

I've no idea but the suggestion seems to be that it's basically just tough * - if you paid the money you agreed to the terms which supposedly included no refunds if Rangers get punted.

However I'd like to think those who pointlessly coughed up the extra money would get it refunded somehow at the very least as a goodwill gesture, and there are a ton of ways it could be done that wouldn't seem so much of a kick to the finances as sending the money back to fans via BACS:

The two obvious ones:
    1. "On the season book" tickets for the European games (assuming we qualify) rather than having to fork out the extra money to buy tickets.
    [IMO it's the best and fairest solution given you're paying the extra to see the "big games", but there's no chance in * of it happening]

2. Similar - "on the season book" domestic cup games.
    [The most likely solution IF they decide to reimburse as often domestic cup games are poorly attended and the merchandise/pie money gained from fans that don't normally turn up to cup games might be worth the hit on gate reciepts]

Others:
    - Free merchandise worth the difference from the Celtic shop.
    - Away tickets paid for by the club and distributed randomly to fans who paid extra.
    - A discount of the extra paid this year on next year's season ticket.

All are probably wishful thinking though and all have their problems such as not being able to attend European games, not buying a ticket next year etc. Even if they made a charity donation worth the extra the club made it might * fans off a bit less.

15. Maguire1992

i haven't renew my season ticket yet was costing me £498. will it be better to just get opt-out. need help asap

16. The taxman

Don't think we're selling opt out tickets anymore

17. Martbhoy

Child season ticket

I bought my daughter a season ticket for this season price £125(includes OF games £50 if you don't take OF games, small problem one half of the old firm died (and it wizny us):)
    Does anyone know if CFC have announced what will happen with the xtra £75 ? I will gladly let the club keep the money just curious

18. Ricardinho

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Not confirmed but rumours flying about they'll just get to go the Dundee game and those with £50 tickets won't. That could obviously be someone putting 2 and 2 together and making 5.

Would like to think maybe a European game is added.

19. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Moved to Supporters Info & Merged with Existing thread

20. Martbhoy

Ok sorry Marie