1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Season Ticket Thread: all season ticket queries in here only

Discussion in 'Celtic Supporters Info' started by JamesConnolly, Apr 4, 2009.

Discuss The Season Ticket Thread: all season ticket queries in here only in the Celtic Supporters Info area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

True Celtic fans will not use the voucher and will instead support the rebuild of this fantastic club HH

[​IMG]

seanm and The Dude like this.
  2. The Dude

Games that most of us will be unable to attend.

seanm likes this.
  3. JamesM09

Obviously renewing your season ticket is a hugely important thing to Celtic fans. We all get it.

My view is it's the easy option and we've all been taking the easy options for years now. That's how we've allowed this to happen.

Look - some of the season will be behind closed doors or limited in attendance. We've also all just watched a full season from the comfort of our living room, on a * stream for a cool £500-£1000 each.

It's not like Celtic will disappear if we don't renew.

Not renewing makes a simple and clear statement: We need this club to dramatically change. That message is especially true if they sign someone like Howe.

I would encourage everyone to boycott it.

There's so much potential in this club if it was run properly, but it will never be realised while the support act like blissfully ignorant customers.

The_Bhoy, Bernie Bhoy and The Dude like this.
  4. The Dude

Please withhold your money until the eleventh hour, at least. Hold their feet to the fire.

Bernie Bhoy, seanm, martin_d and 2 others like this.
  5. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I will renew, I'm not going to kid myself on about it. This will be my 26th season I think and the people I sit with are desperate to get back to the swally and social interaction.

That said I will definitely hold off til the deadline and possibly beyond as there's no chance they're rigidly sticking to the 25th June 2021.

Fan engagement is deplorable and this is the only way they will listen. A very slow uptake might put the shivers up their spine and send a message.

CountyDownFaithful and JamesM09 like this.
  6. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    What a farce

seanm likes this.
  7. JamesM09

I appreciate that and I think you have the right attitude. I think it's definitely a good idea if you have to renew to wait until the last moment.

The ones that are annoying me are the ones acting like they're taking a moral high ground by renewing.

Although I'm encouraging people not to renew, on an individual basis of course I don't blame anyone.

I just hope as a support we can get the number low enough to effect change, then after change occurs the money will go in.

seanm likes this.
  8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Aye of course it’s on them that they went bust. But I don’t think we were particularly brilliant for the vast majority of that run.

We cleaned up domestically for a few years but the real test surely has to be in Europe? Aside from 2012/13 when we got to the last 16 of the CL, I would say we were bang average to poor in Europe.

We failed to win a single knockout tie in that period. The huns have already done it in successive seasons since they got their act together.

The invincible treble is unbelievable, as is the quadruple treble. But if we’re just talking about league titles here, we never had to be anything special to win 9 in a row. There was no competition for nearly all of it, which is why the club took their eye off the ball because they thought it was a gimme.

9. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I absolutely agree with this but what I would say is we have had a fair few tough groups and we certainly haven't had the luck of the draw when it comes to KO games. They huns have had some good/lucky draws the last couple of years. I take the overall point though.

10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We weren't good enough in Europe I agree, and there's a whole discussion to be had as to why that was. Definitely somewhere we need to improve on.

Yeah we were heavy favourites for the league, but I don't think that should mean our achievements are diminshed because of it, I still feel the second 9 in a row in our history is a special achievement, along with the 69 match unbeaten run, multiple trebles and a domestically invincible season. It's pretty much as special as it's going to realistically get for us.

Officer Doofy likes this.
  11. john2061

* sake the board are a * disgrace and how can you do this at the present moment when you have ignored the support for three months and no manager at the present moment and still waiting .
    How can you ask any supporter to renew their season ticket when you don't who's leading the club into next season and it's like asking someone pay into the cinema but you don't know what film you going to see .
    The present poll has 54 per cent either saying no or undecided that should alarm this out of touch board .

seanm likes this.
  12. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  13. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Incredible stuff really. I'm not a season ticket holder but the incentive offer is a shambles.

A Voucher- which has to be used by end of September.

20% off Stadium Tours?? I assume that this will still be a no-go area for some months. Has there been a date specified for the ending of the discount? What is the price of the tour per person? £10 max? So saving is about £2.

20% off food in the No7 Restaurant on non-matchdays? Unless your celebrating an occasion and or stay within 30-40mins of the ground? And it's not as if other food places are going to turn away your custom. Also, where is the value in that for a large number of fans who travel from further afield?

Free entry to a training session at Celtic Park? Dependent on Government changes. Again, no value for the fans who pay good money and travel from further away. Unless it's planned during the school holidays, but still excludes a lot of people.

They are really hedging their bets on a large % of fan entry. Heard they were anticipating/believe 30,000 plus will be able to attend for the opening months of the season.

Missing from this.

An apology for the mistakes which led to this seasons * shitshow.

seanm likes this.
  14. JamesM09

We can only assume this new * McKay has decided on this.

So essentially, Lawwell mk II or worse.

I've been vaccinated, when's the protest?

seanm likes this.
  15. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Our poor showing in cups irked me more than Europe. Usually at least 2,often 3 trophies in a season were taken by us and the hun. While the huns were in the lower leagues we were * in cups, I really think we should have taken 2 trophies in each season minimum.

seanm likes this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic’s Season Ticket holders during the past year have shown tremendous commitment to the Club, standing by us during a pandemic which has changed all our lives, supporting the Club at a time we needed you most – this is something we will always remember and will always be hugely appreciative of.

We are truly sorry you have not been able to join us at Celtic Park and sorry we have not been able to deliver the further success which your support has deserved. We understand how difficult this year has been for you and understand the disappointment you have felt, it is something shared by us all at the Club.

We had hoped to have announced the Manager before providing this update, and we do intend to finalise the appointment of the next Celtic Manager shortly, however we have been encouraged by the recent announcement of crowds at sporting events across Scotland this summer.

Whilst we cannot guarantee any supporter return to Celtic Park at this stage, with our first home match of the new season being on Saturday, July 17, we must now begin the renewal process to allow us to prepare for a phased and safe return for our supporters.

Thank You - Celtic delivers £50 gift voucher to each and every Season Ticket holder

Across our history, our success has been earned and our reputation built on the shared belief that together, we are greater than the sum of our parts. We are proud to be One Club, since 1888.

As a thank you to our Season Ticket holders and in recognition of your phenomenal commitment during such a difficult year, the Club is pleased to announce that each and every Season Ticket holder from last season will receive a £50 retail gift voucher. The gift voucher can be used online or in-store to purchase any items, including adidas products, kit and official signed memorabilia.

All of our 50,000 + Season Ticket holders will be sent the £50 gift voucher by post - meaning each supporter, regardless of concession price, even kids under 13 who have £50 Season Tickets, will all receive, individually, a £50 gift voucher.

Please see our FAQs for further details on the gift voucher including how and when you’ll receive it.

Season Ticket prices frozen. Additional benefits, including new features announced for the coming season

Looking ahead to next season, we are also pleased to announce that the prices of all Standard Season Tickets have been frozen. For the 13th successive year under 13s tickets remain at £50, a commitment to creating the next generation of Celtic fans & supporting Celtic families.

Your Season Ticket will include 21 matches either in person or virtually via the Pass to Paradise, including all home SPFL league games and for this season:

Our home friendly match against Preston North End at Celtic Park on Saturday, July 17

Our UEFA Champions League Qualifying Match at Celtic Park (Q2) in July

Season Ticket renewals are on sale now, with no change to pricing and with a range of exciting additional benefits for the coming season.

These benefits include some brand new features which we hope will be popular with supporters and recognise your fantastic support:

3 Pre-season friendlies from the pre-season camp on the Pass to Paradise including Charlton Athletic and Bristol City.

- An additional pre-season friendly at Celtic Park in person or on the Pass to Paradise: Saturday, July 24 West Ham United

- Free entry to a First Team Training Day at Celtic Park once the COVID 19 restrictions allow

- Free entry to an SWPL Women’s Match at Celtic Park once the COVID 19 restrictions allow

- 20% off of Celtic Park Stadium Tours

- 20% off food at the No.7 Restaurant on non-match days

- 10% off Celtic Soccer Academy Skills Schools

- The Digital Match Programme for every SPFL home league match of the season

- Entry into a monthly draw to receive signed merchandise from the first team squad

Season Tickets are available to renew online now and as we look ahead to the coming season our commitment to you is that your investment in the Club will continue to be used to invest in the squad and to build a team which can achieve success both at home and in Europe.

We are encouraged by the recent announcement of crowds at sporting events across Scotland this summer including at Hampden, Murrayfield and on Glasgow Green. Celtic has been at the forefront of the effort to get our supporters back with us and now as we return to normality we are preparing to welcome you home to Celtic Park.

Our Club was born in adversity, raised in defiance and defined by no other. With our own standards and own values – we always have been and always will be a Club open to all. Now we have a real chance to start afresh, to work together and once again create a Club built for the future, a Club built to last.

Thank you for your fantastic support. It is greatly appreciated and we will do all we can to bring back success.

The deadline to renew is 5pm on Friday, June 25 and supporters can renew online now.

As with season 2020/21, where your attendance at Celtic Park is not possible in person, matches will be delivered virtually on the Pass to Paradise. A phased return to Celtic Park for supporters is expected as Covid restrictions ease. For detailed information please check out our FAQs.

17. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I do actually feel for the season ticket holders, they don't want to risk losing their seat, they don't want to hold the club back but they want value from the club from both treatment, on the pitch and getting the games. They have received none.
    I'm holding merchandise money, I don't care if Howe is the manager I want to see the club build a squad early to at least get into Europa. Maybe then I may hand them money.

The_Bhoy and seanm like this.
  18. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

They have known for months that announcing renewals without a manager would cause massive uproar. But have went with it anyway. If Howe was so close why not wait a couple of days?

HenriksRightBoot and seanm like this.
  19. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    This is going to be a really hard decision for me. I miss going to watch Celtic, I miss the buzz I get as the days draw closer to the game, I miss meeting up with my friends before and after games for a beer, I miss the very slim chance of winning the Paradise Draw and I even miss the over priced lukewarm Bovril and pie. However, I will not waste my pension renewing my season ticket unless I see concrete proof that we get major changes in very soon. I think there will be many other supporters holding back on renewing their season tickets and this is why the club better get their * in gear and start making some positive noise re our new manager etc.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  20. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

That's embarrassing

Wee Baldy and seanm like this.