1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Season Ticket Thread: all season ticket queries in here only

Discussion in 'Celtic Supporters Info' started by JamesConnolly, Apr 4, 2009.

Discuss The Season Ticket Thread: all season ticket queries in here only in the Celtic Supporters Info area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

We don't have £30mil in the bank any more.

We'll have torched through a decent bit of that during the lockdown.

Motherwell giving season book holders a free one for next year isn't anywhere near us doing the same.

You're talking about likely 500 people or so paying £400ish average say = £20,000

We sold 53,000 books at an average cost of £500 = £28 million

The Celtic Shared & Celtic Trust proposal of the club issuing shares to the value of that lost by fans is the best solution all round. Money is kept in the club & supporters have a greater say going forward.

seanm likes this.
  2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Nobody buys a season ticket for Motherwell.

They can walk up to the game all season, even games v Us and Them.

3. Jeffrey

200k for Motherwell is a lot relatively

Edit: Google also tells me that they Sold 3500+ ST’s last year. Unsure about the pricing but let’s say 1-1.5m of value they are either giving up or getting reinstated thru insurance. It’s a massive deal.

4. LTPS

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sign
    They sold 1000 by mid April 2020 for this season

Seán Mac D likes this.
  5. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I would be amazed if it was as many as 3500, if it was then it won't be at an average of £400, that's for sure.

Motherwell don't have that sort of money to torch.

It's a decent gesture but it's absolutely unfeasible for us. Doing similar would absolutely destroy any chance of us rebuilding the club.

6. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    brilliant by Motherwell, puts our “more than a club “ to shame

seanm likes this.
  7. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I still think it’s more of a risk for them than us.

We sell Edouard for say £20mil and it’s pretty much recovered.

We qualify for champions league, it’s more than covered. If Europa league then half covered.

We sell any combination of players really and again it’s covered.

Plus, I doubt we have less than say £20 mil in the bank. We all bought season tickets this season at full price still. Record kit sales and store sales. Plus we’ve sold Frimpong, klimala, elhamed which covers our spend.

8. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

There's not a chance we're qualifying for the Champions League given its the Champions route and the nick our squad's in.

I highly doubt we'll get £20m for Eddie with 11 months left on his deal, even in the off chance that we do, that money will be needed for replacements.

The board have to be creative in what they offer but giving everyone a free season book ain't it. ..not if we want to regain our title.

King of Kings likes this.
  9. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I 100% agree it won’t happen, like I said above.

The only point I’m trying to make is it would be less of a risk for us to do that than Motherwell as we can easily make up for the loss.

10. Foley1888

I agree with your points on Edouard sale at around £20m and our sales covering our spend or there about.

However at Christmas we had £19m in the bank, those accounts don’t include our sales so that will boost it a bit, but we always see these drop second half of the season as most of our revenue generating things happen in the first half of the season.

That is in a normal season with fans and off late getting to cup finals and winning the league. I doubt much of that £19m will be left come the end of the season. Not to mention we will need to have some considerable player spend. A discount should not be out the question but I don’t think they could do what Motherwell are.

I am surprised they can do that but us buying Turnbull last year is probably part paying for that.

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I'd say the Turnbull money is definitely a big factor in it..

Their highest ever fee received. They'll likely be one of the more secure side's in the top flight and did their CEO no say they were debt free the first time around when we were after him? Before his knees flagged up..

There's no way a club like us can afford to do something similar. As mentioned, we'll be so far off the pace due to the rebuild it'd be untrue..

12. LTPS

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sign
    Posted on other forums

More * news from yesterday’s meeting the Celtic trust and other Celtic organisations/Groups had with the PLC
    Interesting is that the PLC still have no idea for season ticket holders added value and S/T renewals for end of May

On the 11th of May 2021, the main Celtic supporter organisations met with representatives of Celtic Football Club to discuss the issue of value for season tickets for 2020/21 given fans have been unable to attend matches. In attendance were representatives of the Celtic Trust, the Celtic Supporters Association, the Affiliation of Registered Celtic Supporters, the Green Brigade, North Curve Celtic, the Association of Irish Celtic Supporters Clubs, Bhoys and the North American Celtic Supporters Clubs.

This was a follow-up meeting from an initial meeting which occurred between the supporters and the club in June of 2020. Celtic FC had agreed to consult with supporters on the issue of how supporter value would be guaranteed, and it was assumed this would be said consultation. The meeting was opened with a short discussion on the Celtic Trust’s share proposal, with Peter Lawwell making it clear that the club did not wish to discuss this in view of the full meeting but would instead do so with the Celtic Trust privately.As the meeting moved on, the supporter organisations expected to hear of plans, suggestions or ideas that Celtic FC had about how they might meet supporter value, so that we could all air our views on any proposal. Peter Lawwell informed the meeting Celtic FC had no proposals to share with the meeting on how they will meet supporter value.

The supporter organisations were collectively disappointed by the lack of progress, as it became apparent that this meeting would not be a consultation of the kind that the supporters had expected/assumed. Discussions continued for around 90 minutes, with little headway made. Celtic FC have confirmed that they intend to release season book renewals by the end of May.

tarboltontim likes this.
  13. JED

If the poll reflects the wider season ticket holder community - this will be a bumper year for anyone who does not currently have one that does....

And also for current holders who may want to move to new seats...

14. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

The identity of our club has been taken away.

We’re a completely soulless corporation with no morals, and demonstrate none of our founding principles.

Couldn’t give a * if we had Guardiola with Klopp as his assistant, not a chance I’m going back. Not getting another penny from me.

15. seanm

Not a penny more even if the merch is superb.HH

thailandceltic and FrankMcCallum like this.
  16. seanm

Great post. Speaks for the majority of our fans.HH

FrankMcCallum likes this.
  17. JamesM09

Completely agree mate, there's absolutely no way they two could work together.

FrankMcCallum likes this.
  18. Maestro 08

What exactly are you expecting? Every major club is a business now and every one is flooded with wealthy self serving arseholes in the boardroom. Celtic is no different in that regard. If you can't stomach that then you will never be back bcos it won't change no matter who is upstairs. If you want to keep mixing your politics with your attachment to the club then there are many charitable fan led branches that you can be involved with. When it comes to what is on the park and the money side of things if the fans want a winning product then we will need to keep putting our money in and suffer the suits upstairs. That's the harsh reality now. I see you said previously that you would be happy with 50 years of no trophies if the fans had been treated better. There would be no fans left apart from you to treat better if that was the case. If the fans refuse to back the team financially then we need to get used to total hun dominance for the foreseeable.

19. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Absolutely, my reasons for not renewing have nothing to do with lack of success and trophies this season, as horrendous as that’s been. Some of the best times in my life have been watching * Celtic teams home and away.

Their latest demonstration of how out of touch they are is just another nail in the coffin really.

I don’t know how you can suggest it’s so easy to separate politics and Celtic, as for the majority of supporters I know the politics and Celtic are almost intertwined. Otherwise we’re just a larger Hibs based in another city.

Despite that, the events of yesterday don’t constitute politics. It represents a group of supporters attempting to side with a group of defenceless people being massacred, and our board defying that and publicly shaming said group.

Ultimately, all we really have is the ability to withdraw our season ticket money, as that is the only language our board are fluent in apparently.

Twice they’ve acted promptly this year. Yesterday and when they barricaded us out of the stadium. Perhaps they’ll act in our best interests if they are confronted with the reality of season ticket money being withdrawn.

As for the Huns, I really couldn’t give a * about them. Our board have had several chances to bury them and actively chosen not to. I’d suggest committing more money to them will not change that even slightly.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    King of Kings, LTPS and JamesM09 like this.
  20. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

:56: