1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Ronny Deila Thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Glasgow_Bhoy88, Jun 6, 2014.

Discuss The Ronny Deila Thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Shaun

I'd advise that forum members read over this rule before posting images in Celtic Chat;

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2016
  2. Shaun

At the time yeah...
    ....But Ronny wasn't to know, he was 2 minutes in the job and knew this lad, on his day could do the damage. He caused all this what we are feeling!!
    Seriously, his goals made this go bad!! Champions League, more money, better players, maybe retain ones who left? I dunno...

Just saying...

:87:

3. Shaun

And Lenny is doing a great Job at Bolton right enough.
    YEAH..He has no money. But what he did here with no money against better sides, fair enough. We can't second guess things this way surely?

Can we? I was asking :54:

4. Shaun

WHAT?
    That is what I am saying?
    What if he is and the board are saying '* off' as we all think the board would.

This is a hard sell..
    ...But when he comes good I want £1 from every "Sack Ronny" type person :50:

5. Shaun

:54:

You said it "unless some rich Russian Euromillions Lottery winner comes in"
    How is that Ronny's fault? Seriously...

PS: Would be right smashing so it would if it happened...But then we are controlled by 1 person and we need only look 100 miles (For where I am) to see a team controlled in the EPL who the fans hate. We hate PL?

:54: Wish I had went for a * instead of this now :97:

6. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I liked Berget and think he's the kind of player who could do a job for us in the current setup. He's a better option than the likes of Armstrong on the left.

Ultimately though, as you said yourself - Deila was 2 minutes into the job. He decided that the biggest game of our season was the correct time to drop established first team regulars who had been playing together for years to introduce someone who hadn't played regular football in absolutely ages and had arrived from Cardiff the day before.

It wasn't just bad management - it was stupid.

Now he takes the complete opposite approach and often shuts out new signings for months at a time until they 'get up to speed', when they could realistically be thrown pretty much straight in. He's a walking contradiction in a lot of ways.

7. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    * sake man you were sold on an idea and you are still clinging to it. I dont think anyone was against the propaganda fed to us upon his appointment but it was only salesman talk. Judge him by what you see on the pitch it's * stinking.

8. Glorious1967

The only thing this clown should have been clearing yesterday was Scottish Airspace

9. Shaun

Yeah he played Allan in the 1-1 at Hamilton. He didn't light the place up to be fair. But I would have personally played him against Dundee, but I am not at training every day and can feel the mood of players. That does count for a lot btw, as you well know, just stating the obvious.
    What we see as stupid is something we don't know maybe.
    We presume, I am a fan, I do it also.
    I have been hated and presumed myself in the past :56:

HH :shamrock:

10. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    It genuinely blows my mind that some people don't want to see the back of this guy yet :smiley-laughing002:

I mean it's like a burgular stealing the family silver from your house and when asked if you want him to leave to say no in the hope that he'll put everything back where he got it and fix the tile-work in the bathroom while he's at it.

Deila, Collins and Kennedy have been done for months.

11. Shaun

The players on their day can produce the goods...
    Against Dundee they were awful..
    ....Why?

HH :shamrock:

12. Shaun

Well sadly I have to leave this cracking debate to go weekly food shop..
    For me that means 2 hours in the car on my tablet watching a movie while the girls look at every * item in ASDA for 5 minutes each, x3 :54:

:31:

13. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Don't buy so many mushrooms this time :86:

14. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Fair play to ya Gaffa I respect a man who can take an alternate view especially an unpopular one but I strongly disagree. I think a major cause of this is Deila in the sense that a better coach would have performed better under the same circumstances. I think we are closer on the board issue though. I dont think that you see however that Deila is just a proxy for the suits to run the club through i.e. he is here to toe the line and do what he's told. The interests of our first eleven sometimes comes into conflict with the interests of the PLC and this has to stop. So for two reason Deila is not right for the job both on the football side and stopping the board as well. He's not good enough and that's the crux of it.

15. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Do you think it could be "Mourinho Syndrome" with Ronny?

By that I mean the players are burned out and done with him, like Mourinho seems to go to teams set up a siege mentality, get players running through brickwalls, working hard and playing quite defensive but it seems after 2 seasons at most his teams crumble - id guess they probably can't be arsed with his * any more and want to just go back to playing normal football again.

Same I think could have happened to Ronny, especially him and Collins. Both seem to favour getting players really fit, they speak about it all the time especially with new signings that it'll take them weeks/months to get to our level of fitness which again a lot of players probably canny be arsed with for too long. I don't know but I could imagine Ronny and Collins are really strict fitness wise, he's probably got them doing bleep tests and being weighed and monitoring how much running they are doing at training etc all the time, so players are probably raging that they can't really relax.

When in reality even if their fitness dropped 10% we might actually see much better performances as the players would be more happy not to be under as much pressure . As this time last year the players genuinely did seem quite happy, players were talking about how fit they now were, the team was playing with a lot of pressing and running and seemed to be coming onto a good game and looking promising but now this season the running and pressing has disappeared, players are going through the motions and there doesn't seem to be anything to their performances and they're getting worse the longer the season goes on.

16. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Bad formation and team selections I'd suggest has been the main problem. Too many players sitting in the stand doesn't make for a happy squad either though to be fair. One thing's for sure, he's been a dreadful Celtic Manager and the Board have been as bad standing up for the guy and giving him so long that we're in danger of throwing away a one horse race to the title.

17. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Naw he's been a disaster from the start. Winning a domestic trophy and the league with our quality would be harder to * up in all honesty. The writing has been on the wall from the start when it was clear he had no intentions of fixing the vulnerabilities in his system and his refusal to get the best out of his squad. He wants players to fit a system not build a system around players. Text book nonsense and very poor management.

18. ordinaryman

Nah, not the Jose Syndrome. For me they are not related. Perhaps I'm being too cynical but I think that once Jose heard that his name was being mentioned for PSG and Man Utd he manoeuvred his way out - both big Clubs with loads of dosh and he's never managed in France, so another League title in another Country. Jose is a confident and rich Lad with a great CV and can go anywhere/anytime he chooses. Think we're now looking at scenarios that aren't there.

19. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Could also be a part but I do think the main problem is players probably aren't happy, especially most of the first teamers and experienced players anyway.

Players like Lustig, Mulgrew, Izaguirre, Brown, McGregor, Allan, Armstrong, Forrest, GMS, Commons, Stokes, Ciftci, Cole, Richards i'd say are guys who are either older and winding down their last few years or players who probably are settled at Celtic and looking to just play for us the rest of their careers if they can, guys who aren't really interested in wanting to improve and move on and would rather be more relaxed and taking it easy not being used like workhorses under strict management, unlike Van Dijk, Bitton, Johansen and possibly some others like Christie, Rogic, Sviatchenko, Tierney who are probably more hungry players suited to Ronny's approach and wanting to improve to move on to better teams/Leagues.

20. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I honestly think this pish about the players being super fit is a complete myth. I dont think they are any fitter than what they were under Lennon. Maybe slightly so but I see no major difference. In fact at times it looks like they are more fatigued during games than at any other time. Maybe thats mental as opposed to Physical mind you