1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

"The PLC"

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Rosleabhoy, Feb 21, 2014.

Discuss "The PLC" in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Rosleabhoy

Why are some fans referring to our club (or board) as "The PLC"? It is almost always in derogatory terms.

I feel an element of our support believe that Dermot Desmond and co are lining their pockets from Celtic. I believe this could t be further from the truth when looking at audited accounts. There is no pot of gold the club have and are holding back.

The term may be used as some fans feel detached from the club as they feel "The PLC" don't support them. What support do they want? What can the club do when some fans refuse to abide by stadium rules?

Celtic are a football club. They are not an authority. They get punished by supporters actions.

I feel our support has imploded to a certain extent in that some appear to be fighting a cause rather than turning up and supporting 11 bhoys on the field. It's turned things sour during a time when fans should be revelling in title wins, CL qualification and our rivals dying...and their fans following a new club that is also dying. ...but no....we, fans, are hindering our own club.

Some will disagree but the reality is we are in Scotland, restricted financially by tv and sponsorship money. Just look at results of English clubs (and others) in Europe this season...some of whom have spent over £100m.

We cannot attract ready made players now. We buy young and hope to develop. We have, generally, done well. We won't get gems every time though.

Fergus brought us "The PLC". One of the biggest and most successful things in our history.

Keep the faith bhoys. Let's sell 50,000 season tickets this summer.

2. Glasgow_Bhoy88

They are just bored because Rangers are gone. That's all.

3. Rosleabhoy

I tend to agree. It's also sad that's why they stay away.

4. Glasgow_Bhoy88

The worst ones are those that call for 'big money' to be spend as if they need to be placated by the board.

5. murphy88

It's even more sad that fans couldn't stick together when a certain fan group were used as a scapegoat. I would go as far to say that some of our support actaully enjoyed seeing the group punished.

6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I don't think anybody thinks the board are hoarding money, however the acid test for them will be this summer.

After posting profits in excess of £20m the onus is on them to back the manager in the close season.

7. Glasgow_Bhoy88

It's not though is it, the team is already good enough to comfortably win the league and make the group stages next year. Should be making 3rd and EL as well.

8. Rosleabhoy

I don't think anyone "enjoyed" it. It was a very unfortunate episode for all concerned. I think the GB are great at displays and singing and hope they stick to that within the rules. Some fans, GB or not GB do cross a line...I see it every other week. Mostly young guys. That small element need educated and failing that, removed.

For me the 11 bhoys on the pitch are all that matters and we as fans should fill the ground....even those in defiant mood for whatever reason...should you're a fan by turning up and roaring bhoys on. Show we are the biggest and best for a reason.

9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

How is the team good enough to make third?

We got horsed this year after selling our best players, and we have already lost Ledley for next season.

10. Rosleabhoy

We have spent quite a bit and will spend more. It's getting the right players that's the main thing for me. Not fees.

11. Rosleabhoy

The best players want to leave. That's problem with Scottish football

12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Dear *. [​IMG]

Young guys in being boisterous at the fitbaw, what a completely new and never before seen concept.

13. Rosleabhoy

£20m profit can't all be spent on player fees. Buying a player is a much 3/4 yr commitment totalling millions of pounds on top of the transfer fee. It's not just as easy to sell players and replace them like for like

14. SpellCheck92

This is the main factor why people aren't turning up to Celtic Park. The sad thing is there are some of them who can't even admit it to themselves.

15. Rosleabhoy

Not boisterous. Beyond that. An example I mentioned before....2 wear balaclavas and drinking Bucky...got removed and were outraged...shouting and swearing at stewards and police. What is the complaint?!

If you do idiotic things you know you can't expect to exit the ground

16. murphy88

If you look back through the GB thread, it's been re-named now, then you will see that there was definitely some fans enjoyed seeing the Group punished. There is no doubt about that in my opinion.

The off field issues haven't stopped me going to games, I have continued to go, but I still feel very disappointed about the way some of our fans have been treated this season, and that goes beyond the GB. I have seen fans thrown out for no other reason than standing up and singing, and that isn't an exaggeration. Enjoying themselves some would say.

What ways have you seen our fans cross a line? I'm not being dickish about that by the way, genuine question? Outwith the Fir Park incident I'm on about, as there was definitely some fans crossed the line that night, although it got totally blown out of proportion by the media.

The biggest disappointment this season for me, has been the divide that has been evident in our support. I'm more disappointed at that than our below par season that we have had.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2014
  17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I'm sorry, am i missing something?

what exactly is it you want the Celtic support "educated" on? Is it drinking bucky and acting like a *? Is that it?

Or do you have a problem with the banners and songs as well?

18. Glasgow_Bhoy88

We got a rare and extremely difficult group (that was prob one of the most difficult group any 4th seed has ever had). It was a lack of leadership and tactical nous that cost us. (Especially Barca at home and Ajax away)

19. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Ah right, nothing whatsoever to do with selling our (arguably) three best players from the season before, who just happened to be the entire spine of our team?

20. Rosleabhoy

Educated to wise up and stop complaining when you have no complaint with such as actions as drinking etc within the ground.