1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Orange Order

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Paul67, Jun 3, 2022.

Discuss The Orange Order in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Without the Orange Order, the world would be a better place.

They bring nothing but hatred, bile, and a shadow on society.

Think of a world without them.

They ARE the problem.

2. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    being brought up in a west of Scotland town with 3 orange lodges I can only agree with you, they are about hatred, a lot of it down to their fears that they aren’t the people anymore, society has moved on and it’s a pity they were allowed to reform rangers to give them a focus for their hatred

PARKHEAD67 and seanm like this.
  3. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    They are nothing but a shower of bitter horrible *. Their organisation should have been done away with years ago but, sadly, in this great little country Scotland and in NI, they have been allowed to continue their hate filled behaviour. The shocking scenes captured on video of them singing a song in celebration of the murder of an innocent young woman just shows you the hatred they hold for the Roman Catholic population

kramer1, seanm and hiphopaddict like this.
  4. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    From an outsider looking on I don't get how such an organisation is able to be so public and well known but gets little to no criticism. People outside of Scotland and Ireland don't even seem to know they exist. So due to them basically being accepted as the norm and get no negative media coverage the outside world cannot criticise them. It sounds so * mad.

5. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    just put this on huns thread but fits here as well

on bbc website,

Two men have apologised for their involvement in a social media video appearing to show a group of people singing a song mocking the 2011 killing of Michaela McAreavey in Mauritius.

A statement issued by JWB Consultancy, a firm representing the men, said John Bell and Andrew McDade wished to "apologise for the vile chant".

Politicians from Northern Ireland's main parties have condemned the video.

The Orange Order has also launched an inquiry.

It described the video as "utterly abhorrent".

Police are examining the content to see if any offences had been committed.
    Michaela McAreavey, a 27-year-old Irish language teacher from County Tyrone, was killed while on honeymoon in 2011.

Her widower, John McAreavey, continues to lead a campaign to bring her killers to justice, but so far no-one has beenconvicted over her death.

He tweeted that Mrs McAreavey was "a vessel of love, courage and dignity" and that "hate can hurt but never win".
    It has not yet been confirmed when and where the footage was taken, but it was filmed in a room decorated with union flags and Orange Order paintings.

The statement issued on behalf of the men said: "We offer our sincerest and deepest apology to the Harte and McAreavey families, and indeed to wider society for our actions which whilst fuelled by alcohol, can neither be mitigated or excused in any shape or form.

"Our apology is unequivocal, and our acceptance of wrongdoing is absolute.

"This behaviour is unreflective of the values of the Loyal Orders and the wider unionist and loyalist community."

JWB Consultancy is run by loyalist campaigner Jamie Bryson, who has also condemned the video.

A spokesman for the Grand Orange Lodge of Ireland said the institution condemned the content of the video "without reservation".

"The behaviour of those involved and their actions have no place in our society and certainly do not reflect the ethos of our organisation.

"If any of those involved are found to be members of the institution, they will face disciplinary proceedings."

Separately the Belfast-based football club, Linfield, said one of its coaches who works with its players in a voluntary capacity "can be clearly identified" in the video.

Linfield FC condemned the footage as "deeply offensive" and said the man's "voluntary association with the club has been terminated with immediate effect".
    'Disgusting and shameful'
    Sinn Féin's deputy leader Michelle O'Neill said she has spoken to Mr McAreavey "to offer solidarity to both the McAreavey and Harte families".

"Hate and sectarianism have no place in our society. People deserve better. Love over hate will always win out," she added.

The Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) leader Sir Jeffrey Donaldson said the video was "vile".

"It is plain wrong and is deeply hurtful to the family of Michaela McAreavey," he tweeted.

Northern Ireland Secretary of StateBrandon Lewis described the video as reprehensible, and said those involved "are completely thoughtless and only wish to cause harm".

The Ulster Unionist Party (UUP) leader Doug Beattie described the footage as "absolutely abhorrent, disgusting and shameful".

Alliance assembly member Kate Nicholl said: "How her poor family must feel. I have reported to the police."

MP Claire Hanna, from the Social Democratic and Labour Party (SDLP) tweeted she was: "Appalled. Speechless, almost, at the depths some plumb. Thinking of the McAreavey family circle who should never have been exposed to this hatred and depravity."

Traditional Unionist Voice (TUV leader) Jim Allister said: "The video glorying in the murder of Michaela McAreavey is beyond disgusting, bringing shame and dishonour on all associated with such loathsome behaviour."

Mrs McAreavey was found strangled in a bathtub at her honeymoon hotel 12 days after her wedding.

She was the daughter of former Gaelic Athletic Association (GAA) football manager Mickey Harte, who managed the County Tyrone team for 18 years.

She was married in her home village of Ballygawley, County Tyrone, on 30 December 2010.

The couple were staying in room 1025 of the Legends Hotel in Mauritius.

On 10 January 2011, Mrs McAreavey went to their room to collect biscuits and was not seen alive again.

Local police later said she had been strangled to death after disturbing intruders who broke into the room to steal money.

6. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

* scum of the highest order. No place in modern society for organisations like this. The fact they are tolerated and protected at great expense of all tax payers to march in our towns and cities is a shame on us all.

johnboy19, seanm and jj81 like this.
  7. jj81

Cost of policing, businesses losing money etc

It belongs in the old ages

johnboy19, seanm and ticketyboo0 like this.
  8. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Wholeheartedly agree, it's a joke that this * gets tolerated.

johnboy19, seanm and jj81 like this.
  9. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

An organisation solely based on religious hatred - just imagine it was any other group of people they were celebrating the killing of. Dark, dark stain on our society.

seanm likes this.
  10. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    Me being a brazen *. I was walking past the orange hall in denny and they must have been having a sash bash and they were outside smoking *. I stopped to ask one of them what exactly do you not like about the Catholic church? Guy couldnae answer.

I said "well if I was as opinionated as you at least I would know what my opinion is"

This isnt the first time one of them has not been able to answer me on that matter.

seanm likes this.
  11. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

Ive said this for years aswell. There is no council in the country that would allow an anti-Muslim or anti-Semetic parade to pass through the middle of the town with police protection. But if its an anti-Catholic march then thats ok.

Also its the same idiots that think its normal and just to do this every year that blame sectarian problems in Scotland on Catholic schools. They seriously believe they are not the problem and instead blame it on children going to school. Thats what your up against.....thick as pig * bigot * rotten to the core

12. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    "how long? How long must we sing this song?"

Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
    johnboy19 and seanm like this.
  13. G40B

Doesn’t help when Glasgow’s SNP council panders and empowers them.

seanm likes this.
  14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The question has to be asked in 2022, why is there nothing done about them?

It’s glossed over and swept under a carpet, as has already been said if they were targeting women or people of colour or indeed any other religion - they would have been ‘cancelled’ and binned years ago.

johnboy19, seanm and The Phoenix like this.
  15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Sewer rat's....but we all know that..

johnboy19 and seanm like this.
  16. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Whenever the other far right groups like the BNP,EDL etc turn up you get those UAF * turning out in their hundreds to protest...yet when it's this lot where are they? Everyone's scared of them,so-called anti fascist groups, government etc..

Best wee country in the world n aw that.

17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Used to stay about 200 yards down the road from one when I was an ankle biter. My Granda would drag me out to the front of the close in our hoops when they were marching. Just said to me, stand there, say nothing do nothing just stand your ground.

I miss my Granda.

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....

Have a read of this thread :giggle1::giggle1::giggle1:

seanm and paulie walnuts like this.
  19. seanm

* that's ALL they are.HH

johnboy19 likes this.
  20. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    So she doesn't like being called out for her politics so tries to call another person a racist. Pure scum.