1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Offensive Behaviour at Football & Threatening Communications (Scotland) Bill

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by gunt, Jun 17, 2011.

Discuss The Offensive Behaviour at Football & Threatening Communications (Scotland) Bill in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Some still ignore it.

3. strike twice

A very poor piece of legislation , that was hastily drafted in the aftermath of the " shame game " . It was openly criticised by sheriffs hearing cases pertaining to the act ( I think it was described as mince on one occasion ) . A big thanks to all who campaigned to repeal the act . And I mean fans of all or no clubs . The SNP were always going to defend their own work , regardless of widespread criticism , it's a classic symptom of modern party politics . They just couldn't admit it was a failure , preferring to accuse those who were against the act were blasé about sectarianism

pete0301 likes this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

SNP are anti-Irish,plain and simple.

6. Jeremie Frimpong

It propagates an idea of statehood that I find repellent - authoritarian, centralised, homogeneous, etc. I have lent the party my vote in the past because of its position on the constitutional question, but I can no longer do so in good conscience.

7. Jeremie Frimpong

Its attacks on Catholicism and Irishness have done the Scottish independence movement no end of harm.

bagforlife, The IRA and StPauli1916 like this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Second podcast up

10. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It’s quite telling that the SNP used the so called “shame match” to wage war on football fans, incidentally a fixture that produced more cards for Oldco on the pitch than the amount of arrests amongst the fans that night, yet do nothing to stop the Orange marches or to at least legislate into punishing its blatant bigotry which clearly is a bigger problem within that scene than within Scottish football as a whole.

Markybhoy, Eazey, StPauli1916 and 3 others like this.
  11. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Where did these figures come from, and more importantly are they right ?

12. freederry20

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Wanyama, Hartson, Balde, Petrov, Lennon, Commons, Boruc, Brown, Van Dyk.
    Blessing yourself aggressively is a secterian act. Didn't know Vampires had a big following in Scotland.

bagforlife likes this.
  13. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Should be a lot more for them Hearts *, you'd imagine.

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Only when they Play Hibs or Celtic.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    bagforlife and packybhoy like this.
  15. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I know one of the high profile cases was incredibly a Hamilton fan who was taken to court for singing “* the Well” about Motherwell.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the SNP who are behind this astonishing recent development at BT Sport this season of someone turning the crowd volume down when certain songs are being sung, that really stinks of the SNPs control freak, authotarian and nanny state way of thinking they have

StPauli1916 likes this.
  16. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

That's one of the reasons why I asked, if something is getting used as proof it would be handy to know its actually factual.
    This is maybe me being silly though :giggle1:

packybhoy and bagforlife like this.
  17. CFC.1

Some of the stuff folk were getting dragged through the courts and criminal justice system for, was mental.

Mind seeing a guy, canny mind what team or that, got lifted for calling his pal a * on the way up to whatever game it was

bagforlife likes this.
  18. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

taking a hammer to something so well developed and insidious was always gonna be a failure

if they really wanted to tackle sectarianism or what it really is anti catholic and irish bigotry they need to start in the schools, personally i would start with history but its not going to happen not for a long time

we as people are welded to imperialist governments that continue to divide and conquer, i would hope independence would allow scotland to get it right but i dont see that actually happening as it would finally kill of whats is left of the british empire or what it really is the english empire

19. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I know that T in the Park was cited by FAC as an example of the true hypocrisy of this witchunt on football fans, the figures were presented regarding arrest, murders, drugs and anti social behaviour in comparison with the problems at football and its clear an agenda is at work here, the SNP along with T and the Park allowed it to continue under another guise in another venue....the usual nothing to see here stuff whilst continuing to go full blast on anyone travelling to a football game with over the top treatment and disproportionately ludicrous punishments in comparison with someone who did much worse at a music festival.

I don’t watch them through choice but occasionally encounter these booze Britain type programmes and the sheer amount of * behaving like disgusting vermin in the countries town centres at night dominates them, most of them you’d want to knock clean out such is the level of their behaviour and lack of respect for themselves, property and the people around them but the law seems to pussyfoot around them and try its hardest not to arrest them or restrain them for things 10 times worse than what would get you a banning order at the football....whether you smash up a kebab house after a football game or on a weekend when there wasn’t a game shouldn’t be relevant to the way the law and it enforcers treat you....

Lilac Wine likes this.
  20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

New podcast up

Lilac Wine likes this.