1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Mexican Football Thread.

Discussion in 'World Football' started by kieranc, Aug 3, 2010.

Discuss The Mexican Football Thread. in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Fabenzofi

Fav Celtic Player:
    juarez
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    i used your quote but it was meant for you and all the others that were complaining and obviously you havent been here long enough. others have mentioned veron, castro, bernal, leandro, and bravo your not the only one here. one thing is that yes it havent been going right for certain players and another is that they got lazy like you say. that is not the case and many times they been unlucky, if i'm or not with the rebel on sundays is none of your business but if you really want to know yes some times not all the time thats where i stand in the stadium and does not mean i care more for my self or do the things they unfortunately do sometimes those are only your assumptions, ive been a fan since a kid before rebel even existed played in the academy when i was younger and attended U.N.A.M from 2000 to 2002 dont make assumptions and do not jutdge me eather if you do not know me. i could assume my self that your the type of fan that goes and insults and boos the players because they dont play the way you want or becaue they are old or cause they dont score. ive been with the team in good ones and bad ones and once again to leave it clear since way before rebel started

there is also a difference being critic and just plain talking * about half the team specially when they really did good things for he team. i already said that they need to let go of dante but thats about the only thing we need other than that we will do good

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2010
  2. Diegan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Internacional it is.

3. Fabenzofi

Fav Celtic Player:
    juarez
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    it was a good game tonight.

4. Salvador

Well lads, 11 august i shall be on Omnilife stadium... hope I can get tickets. Vamos Rebaño!!!

5. Diegan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Very entertaining... didn't agree with the sending off though. Tinga's first yellow card for blocking the goal kick was deserved though and completely moronic - I don't think I've ever seen a player do that. Thought Taison played very well for Inter and Hernanes was good for SP.

6. Fabenzofi

Fav Celtic Player:
    juarez
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    yes I agree about the booking,and hernandes is impressive I always tought he would be in europe by now, should be a good final.

7. Mr. P Mosh

CONCACAF's Champions League groups are ready:

Group A

Real Salt Lake (USA)
    Árabe Unido (PAN)
    Cruz Azul (MEX)
    Toronto FC (CAN)

Group B

Columbus Crew (USA)
    Municipal (GUA)
    Santos Laguna (MEX)
    Joe Public (TRI)

Group C

Monterrey (MEX)
    Deportivo Saprissa (CRC)
    Seattle Sounders (USA)
    Marathón (HON)

Group D

Toluca (MEX)
    Olimpia (HON)
    CD FAS (SLV)
    Puerto Rico Islanders (PUR)

I see the 4 Mexican club going tru... but specially Santos Laguna, Monterrey & Cruz Azul destroying every team in their home matches. :p

8. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

it take it the teams from honduras,el salvador, panama etc, dont really have a chance and this tournie is really between a mexican or mls team?

9. Mr. P Mosh

Actually, MLS teams suck in this tourney. Surely all or at least 3 Mexican clubs will make the semis & maybe just 1 MLS team will make the quarters... the best Hondurean & Panameam teams are sort of on pair with MLS clubs, maybe starting XI of MLS teams are better overall (than Central America & Caribbean teams) but they lack depth, while Mexican clubs plays almost all the group stage with mixed squads (Pumas even played almost exclusively only reserves & substitute players past year) and they still destroy them all. :50:

10. Diegan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The problem with MLS teams has been alluded to... they have very small roster sizes compared to the other teams. Usually the makeup is one team from MLS or Honduras in the semifinal with the other three being Mexican. The Mexican league is really the only big league in North America which can support roster sizes big enough and with enough quality to compete in multiple competitions. And it'll stay that way until MLS raises its salary cap. So yeah... generally the group stage games are pretty horrible.

Saying that, RSL builds itself differently than most MLS clubs and focuses on depth rather than a big name star player (they are the most successful non-designated player club), which is why they've been remarkably consistent in the last calendar year. I would predict they can go to the semis and might even spring an upset there... And I know Seattle is focusing on the CL this year, even if it's to the detriment of their MLS campaign, so even if they don't necessarily have the depth they should be putting out a pretty good XI most matches.

11. Fabenzofi

Fav Celtic Player:
    juarez
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    that tournament is very poor. I preferred mexican teams playing the sudamericana which is similar to the europa league that's a way stronger tournament but concacaf doesn't allowe mexican teams to attend since they are tryin to make this tournament stronger with that new format. Pachuca already won the sudamericana once and pumas lost the final against boca jrs in pks once

12. Diegan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The thing with CONCACAF is they want to send their best option to the Club World Cup so it doesn't end up being some Panamanian team which gets curb stomped by the Euro and South American powerhouses. Also, I don't see MLS staying as weak as it is now forever (there's been a big push in the last 2-3 years by the owners to become more proactive and less conservative in their investment) and I think in the decades to come there will be some pretty intense CL semis and finals between Mexican and American clubs. It's nothing on the atmosphere of Sudamericana but it's the geography we're dealt with.

13. marga86

Santos is looking extremely good for anyone wanting to watch some good mexican soccer.

I'm an America fan, but Chivas has defined way of playing and it usually reflects mexican soccer

14. kieranc

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    where did PUMAS finish last season?

15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    [​IMG]

Took you lot to my heart after Juarez's performance in his limited time with us so far :icon_mrgreen:

16. kieranc

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    ive always liked pumas but not really followed them as such, i follow them now - hope they do well in the league

17. D1M0NST3R

Fav Celtic Player:
    Juarez
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA xD
    * it! i remember how the referee stole both games :47: this really makes me upset, boca jrs would got humilliated if the referee was fair... a stolen goal, abondanzieri should got a red card, other players too like palermo... damnation i hate that thing about conmebol, if we are guests we cant get a decent referree :31:

Even if fabenzo gets mad, you cant xpect good things this season, we have a really patetic team, when our average age was about 26 years a while a go, now we have palencia at about 37 yo, Bernal at 40, leandro at about 32, veron the same, etc etc etc, now our academy players have to debut about 23yo when in the 90's used to be 17-18-19-20 years old debut, so we now dont have the speed that we used to have, now we have cripple players :56: so dont spect much if the DT doesnt drop of the "jerarquias" that our "molero" ex DT gave the team xD

18. kieranc

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    aye, noticed the team is quite old but where do you guys expect then to finish?

19. Jalex

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ki Sung Yong
    Just saw the thread... hehehehehe so much nonsense :icon_mrgreen:

Fabenzo, so... you feel you can make your point of view stand??... come to mediotiempo.com and join the forum, let's see how you can defend your point of view... I really look forward for you joining us, that would be something!!!! :50:

Anyway.... thanks for the thread and for the warm welcome (and hot thread) abut mexican league!!!

Hard to tell... maybe 4-8 place in the general table... the thing with mexican football is that the final standing doesn't matter, places 1-8 qualify for playoffs and usually the one finishing first is never champion (so nobody wants to finish first). Pumas once finished 8th and got the championship, so what is important is to finish in the first 8 (out of 18).

After that anything can happen... yeah I know odd.... tropical country... :p

We definetely need to improve your english :rolleyes:

Hope I see you doing this level of argumentation each time :50:

20. Fabenzofi

Fav Celtic Player:
    juarez
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    there you ago again assuming * things I don't have any rebel shirts jaja . I assume you the type of clown that wears paper bags over their head when thing are no good in the team is that you? If I go sing with them once in a while (only when I don't take my two little boys) I don't agree with most of the things they do but atleast I don't see folks like you insulting our own players doing nothing but sitting down ( I'm assuming since it seems you like it).
    and unlike you at the end I don't care who plays or not it will always be pumas and that won't ever change. Now seriously for the 5th time if you don't like the tesm anymore why not sticking to watch only pumas morelos they have no old guys and no foreigners. In the 90s lije you said the team was not always younger and even if it was we didnt win * in 13 years did you forget that? From 2004 till date we have 3 of our 6 and I really do not see what the big deal is about our young players the team has enough. Like you I'm starting to assume ur a america fan just talking * about half the team you started in the other thread talking about efrain .

now finally I agree on something with you I don't know what they were thinking when they got cacho I forgot about that one .
    and another thing I agree on is that final that was ridiculous they stole both games from us but..... You would of been sad if we won the tournament anyways cause we had foreigners and kind of olf too remember? Marioni, botero, cardeti. And bernal whi had a great game was already what? 36