1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The January Transfer Window 2021-2022

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Nov 11, 2021.

Discuss The January Transfer Window 2021-2022 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. dmccourt95

We clearly need another 2 quality players in the door, I’d imagine we’ll have options being worked on and have the capable squad come the start of feb, if not then we get what we deserve

2. wulliebad

Or he got tired of being asked the same stupid questions week after week and decided to put a stop to it in regards to signings. Embarrassing that a player has turned us down....really. EPL and all their leagues will out bid and pay higher wages than most leagues so why is it embarrassing. I would be more Embarrassed if my club went under because it owned people money.

3. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    When you're being critical of the manager for actual things (Playing Kyogo against Real Betis for example) sure you can, but when you make up blatantly incorrect * you're going to get called out.

4. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Telling the media you are happy with your squad and aren’t looking at any signings are standard practice for any normal manager who wants to drive down the price/wages of a player.

People reading in to this far too much.

5. GavCFC1

Realistically in the summer we were all saying it was going to take probably minimum 3 windows to get to where we want to be, hard to manage that amount of player turnover

LectersLuncheon, Heb Celt and Hammy89 like this.
  6. Heb Celt

That’s the bottom line,he was never going to achieve the squad he’ll be aiming for in 2 windows,need get shot of Boli,Ajeti and Barkas as well as they’ll be some of our top earners,trio of wage thieves.

GavCFC1 likes this.
  7. GavCFC1

Aye absolutely, think after the summer window 2022, will be the time to properly see where we are. Needs time impossible to have a quick fix

Heb Celt likes this.
  8. BigDoggyWoofWoof

If McGree to Middlesborough isn't a done deal, that might be the case. He could be speculating that McGree has entered talks with them at the eleventh hour to get a better deal out of us and is downplaying his interest. If I'm wrong, I'll take that, but that's not how I read his remarks.

9. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    He absconded from a Glasgow hotel the night before he was due his medical for us to talk to Middlesbrough. He's got every right to be * off about it.

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  10. themouth1888

I dont think we do any more deals until the likes of Ajeti, Barkas and Bolingoli are punted. For each one punted we get one in

Dan Breen likes this.
  11. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Just a bit jarring that 3 of the 4 players we've signed will not be available when we most need them.

12. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Guchi won't be called up. Reo is unlikely to be and Maeda probably will be if Kyogo is out. According to that American guy on twitter that reports on Japanese football

13. wulliebad

For the 2nd half of the season....?

14. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    more likely 2 of the 4 as mentioned on the post above of Kyogo is injured Maeda will get called up

15. CountyDownFaithful

We definitely need more in this window.

Maybe we need to shift a few first to make it happen.

Dan Breen likes this.
  16. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    do we though we’re covered at a number of positions I’d be concentrating on getting rid of Barkas Boli Soro to name but 3 first

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic fringe man Osaze Urhoghide is stalling over a loan move to Dundee.

James McPake spoke of his frustration as he revealed Sam Cosgrove knocked back the Taysiders because he doesn’t want to come back to Scotland.

The Dark Blues, who also remain in talks with Celtic over Leigh Griffiths’ loan situation, have been working hard on a number of transfer fronts but so far the only deal they have got over the line has been that of Canadian international Jay Chapman, who is now waiting for his work permit.

McPake has agreed a loan deal with Celtic for Urhoghide and held talks but the Dutch defender has still to make a decision on his future.

Celtic want the former Sheffield Wednesday man to go out on loan but others close to the player want him to return to England.

McPake said: “We spoke to Celtic regarding Osaze. It’s got to the point where we have spoken to the player, spoken to the agent and it looked like it was going to happen.

“It has stalled unfortunately, at the minute.”

Dundee also remain in talks with Celtic over the Leigh Griffiths’ situation. He is on loan but Dundee want to cut their financial contribution.

It could lead to Griffiths terminating his Celtic contract but if he does that then he is likely to have other offers, as a free agent.

McPake admitted: “He trained today and has trained all week.

“He scored in a game against Forfar on Tuesday night and set up two goals as well.

“We are still in dialogue with Celtic, it is ongoing and we are awaiting clarity on that.

“There is dialogue going on with Celtic regarding a couple of thing

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Don't try and box clever now mutant..

19. BigDoggyWoofWoof

You're tilting at windmills sunshine

20. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Ffs.

I dont like being obtuse or overtly dismissive of opinions on here, but there is some pure unadulterated pish being bandied about.

Ange wants what he wants. And if he doesnt get it, hes not gonna hammer a square * into a round *.

This is GREAT news. We're not pishing our transfer budget away on * that he doesnt want a la BR.
    Hes stated nothing more than there's no new activity.
    He hasnt said hes done, he hasnt said theres no money from the board, he hasnt said the rebuild is over.

The overreaction,or should i say melodramatic reaction from some on here is very suspect

Jordann and Tommy25 like this.