1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The January Transfer Window 2021-2022

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Nov 11, 2021.

Discuss The January Transfer Window 2021-2022 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Think it will be one or two signings max

2. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Maeda, a LB and CM. Easy.

craigtheceltic, Slaw and JC Anton like this.
  3. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

If we spent £5-6m I would be delighted. A lot to spend in January but the reward could outweigh it significantly.

4. jambo_cfc

Maeda , , siegrist , patrick berg , nick powell and lee buchanan would be a good window, if we are looking at the english market then surely powell will be a target for amc and buchanan is alreay linked , berg from bodo glimt is also the dmc we have been looking for wreckon between 12-15 will get all 5 with hopefully 5million combined coming in for hopefully barkas , boli n ajeti

5. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    That's my feeling too. Given there is a real chance we will sign Jota and CCV this season at some point in all honesty that doesn't feel the worst, unless we also unload a few and get additional money in.

Midfield and front line are were I expect any signings to be.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  6. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    If we sign Hatate and Maeda and get someone who can alternate with Rogic then I think we’re sorted.

Hatate is really interesting because half his time this season has been lb and the other half at lcm, I see him as the ideal inverted left back that Ange is looking for and Taylor as a really good option to alternate with.

I don’t see us signing an outright cm with McCarthy soro biton mcgregor turnbull and a few younger options, it’s probably not high on the list.

Rogic isn’t going to be fit enough for the full season and will need rested, so a replacement for him and I sign Maeda because he seems quality and we should have quite a strong squad.

7. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Hatate is another right footed player so I don’t think he’s our answer for us at LB. We’ve seen the problems it causes Juranovic not being able to hit the byline and cross the ball off his left foot. We need a left footed LB to open the left side up. Look at the problems Abada and Ralston cause on the right.

Need 3 and think we’ll get 3. Maeda, a CM and a LB. All 3 I see as priority positions. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see a deadline day contract announcement for Jota, get the club buzzing for the run in to being champions.

Maeda is very important to have because I see him as being able to be rotated with Kyogo. I think when we have packed defences we need players with movement because having one big CF is too easy to stop.

Fallsmaces likes this.
  8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I think we done more business after he did, and quicker business, there wasn’t weeks of negotiations. We would hear about it and they’d be signed sooner.

Even if it’s not down to him putting public pressure on them, which makes me think privately he won’t be sitting quietly, it’s a warning that he’s not going to be happy with it. The better he does, the more consistent he makes his standards known, it’ll effect a those above him.

The other thing is, yet another CEO now. By all accounts we didn’t even have the proper structure to know who was negotiating for us, by now we should have sorted that. As much as a * that Desmond is, he doesn’t accept unprofessional run businesses. That’s what we were this summer and got twelve in, good transfer fee’s and signed quality. The quality is down to Ange.

9. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    At the same time though, it means Jota is just being supported rather than people moving into the space he wants to run at. Which can happen when he goes to the right cos Ralston constantly does that. A step back and giving just an option to pass back to suits Jota I think.

10. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    For now, the space in behind is where Jota is going, because it is space. A fullback who’ll hit the byline will take a defender with him and open up space for Jota on the inside. It doesn’t mean the fullback has to hit the byline every time, it just gives us options in attack to create space and means more decisions for a defender to make and eventually they make the wrong decision.

11. Heb Celt

Priority is a couple of speedy AM to cover Turnbull and Rogic,Christie was never replaced.Also sign Jota on a 10 year contract:56:

12. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The way we play, a right footed left back isn’t actually bad. Ange plays with inverted full backs who try to make the most of half spaces and under lapping, not over lapping.

If Ange sticks with his style of play, which we know he will, then wrong footed full backs actually work for us.

13. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Perfect example of the underlapping fullback was against Aberdeen for the winner. If that was Juranovic the cross doesn’t come in to Jota. Monty played the perfect ball in with his left foot.

To play Ange’s system, he wants early crosses in to the box, just like Ralston is doing. You’ll also notice it’s not exclusively underlapping or overlapping, it’s both. It really restricts the early supply by having two right footers on the left to supply the crosses.

NomDePlum likes this.
  14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    We all know what needs done this coming window, as does Ange.

I've zero faith in this board doing the right thing though.

As folk say, we get this right, we get the UCL money back again, they go on their * and we can make a good run forward.
    If we show the ambition for it.

But we never have.

Left back, two CM (one for the no10 one as a defensive), sign up carter Vickers and Jota. Confirm any renewals to ensure we then have a strong squad going in to the next season.

Do that, build on the backroom staff, and we will have a squad worthy of being in the UCL.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

bhoy81 likes this.
  15. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Need another forward more than we need a LB I'd say.

I still think Giakomakas will improve, but Ajeti can't cut it and unless there is a development player who can come into the squad we can't just have 1 to cover Kyogo. Is there even a chance we have someone in the development squad who can contribute?

We do have goals coming from other areas which helps but need someone else as cover too.

Peej likes this.
  16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'd take another striker as well.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

NomDePlum likes this.
  17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Or it’s a fullback attacking the same spaces as him and getting in his road, Juranovic and Jota’s working on that wing for me. He supports him well and makes the room for Jota to play. I think our left hand side is dangerous.

18. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    I agree our left side is dangerous, but it could also be better. Jota is on fire. Think having a left footer works better when getting the ball up the pitch too, just because of the natural shape on the ball as it travels further up the pitch and the pass is less likely to be cut out.

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I get that as well but we need to make sure we’re getting the best out of Jota, somebody who will attack the same spaces as him is just getting in his road. Think it happens with Ralston when he moves to the right.

With the way we play our fullbacks I don’t mind it as much as I usually do because of how central they play, and how good he is on the ball in there.

20. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    I think that becomes more about combinations and players knowing each other’s game. There’s no doubt that Juranovic is a class player, just wish he could cross with his left foot