1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The expanse

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Boom Stick, Jan 30, 2016.

Discuss The expanse in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Boom Stick

2. D'Ecosse

Just started watching this last night
    After the first 15 mins, told the Mrs "Ok, giving this 5 more minutes .........."
    But stuck with it and it started to gel
    Just two shows in but seems decent

3. D'Ecosse

Just finished Season 1 last night - story continued to develop really well and have to say two thumbs up - disappointed when I discovered that Season 2 was not yet out and will keep eye out for release of that! :icon_mrgreen:
    Definitely worth a watch

4. horseshoe

The Expanse is looking like a really good sci-fi series that takes itself seriously, not had one of those in a long long time, first series was decent hope it builds from there.

On the other end of the scale Killjoys is a pure cheesey action sci-fi show that I'd say's worth a watch, and Dark Matter sits somewhere in between.

Been years since there was any half decent sci-fi on tv, constant repeats of stargate and stark trek, as good as they are, doesn't really fill the gap.

5. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

I really liked it. Some of the acting was a little sub-par but on the whole it was a good show. I'm excited for the second season.

Binge watched it a few months ago. Started reading the books as well but I'm not very far into it.

6. D'Ecosse

Season 2 is also excellent - the episode this week Season 2 Episode 5 was the best of the entire production of both seasons - I've been enjoying this the whole way but that episode was just absolutely brilliant.

Review here - but if you haven't seen it there are MAJOR spoilers to the storyline, so you might not watch the link if you either haven't seen it or want to just start at the beginning of season 1.

7. D'Ecosse

Just finished Season 2 - last episode of series was this week.
    Excellent throughout and really pleased it has been renewed for another season.
    For a TV-scale budget they do a pretty good job with the sets and special effects - nothing too cringe-worthy :D

8. D'Ecosse

Season 3 progressing nicely - major cliff hanger last night :57:

Awesome news last week after announcement that SyFy was cancelling - Amazon has picked it up!
    Jeff Bezos (Amazon Founder, Chairman & CEO) himself announced it!
    Hopefully that means even more budget - as mentioned above, they already do a pretty good job but would be even more awesome with a few more bucks thrown at it. But I'm just happy it's going on.
    I think Amazon will bring whole new audience to the show & be a real winner for Amazon - there's really nothing similar in that genre as far as TV Series go - surprising Netflix didn't throw their hat in the ring for it.

On the Amazon note, they have got some really great shows in their stable - Bosch and Sneaky Pete the cream, and Jack Ryan coming in August sounds promising.