1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Dam

Discussion in 'Celtic Supporters Info' started by Courteener, Aug 29, 2013.

Discuss The Dam in the Celtic Supporters Info area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Do you reckon they will have a big screen on somewhere with so many being out there?

Would make sense..

2. AIDANDYLAN

Bough tickets for the Tuesday night!! the venue is open entry on match night & they have game on big screens for all of us without tickets!! HH

3. Calcio Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    So no ticket needed to watch the match on the wed?

4. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    So did I. Thanks for the info about the venue. :50:

5. NA CEILTIGH

No ticket needed to watch the game. You can get in from 5 day of the game for anyone that doesnt have tickets. think there's only 40 tickets left out of 600 for the gigs.

6. champions100%

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I was suppose to be heading over with a couple of mates but i think they might pull out. Reckon it's all good to travel over alone? I know there will be loads of is there, just wondering in terms of safety?

Hail Hail

7. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    You'll be find even if alone so long as you use your common sense & don't go doing anything stupid. It's not as if you are going to an actual war zone which some would have you believe.

8. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    You'll be fine, I went last year and had a great time, Ajax fans mingled with ours at Dam square and after when we got the train back into the town it was full of Celtic and Ajax fans mixed all blethering away to each other - we were literally jammed in the train like sardines no * pays for the train they all just squeezed in so if your clostraphobic(or however its spelled) dont march right onto the first few trains. We went into the Burger King at Zuid Train Station and it was just us 3 and about 30 Ajax fans and they were all talking to us, one * was like the Hulk pure massive and saying he liked Celtic and hoped he could come to Glasgow for a game(wonder if he'll be here the morra) - we had flags and scarves and were wearing the Hoops etc.

Was only a friendly last year though but I cant see it going from pleasant to WW3 just cause its a bigger game.

Mind 95% of Ajax fans are like 95% of Celtic fans.

Ajax Polis infiltrated the Celtic support too at the friendly last year, was easy to spot them since it was groups of 4 guys sitting together in plain clothes wearing glasses and didnt look anything like tims, one had an ear peice in too but they just sat as nothing bad happened, they let * have flares as well, dont know about this year though if theyd allow flares since its a UEFA game and Ajax might get their baws kicked.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2013
  9. Calcio Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Thanks mate, glad to have something in place should the desperate scramble for tickets fail me :icon_mrgreen:

10. Millerntor

They allowed them as in they didn't do anything at the actual time to stop them. They took action afterwards. Some got served a ban from Celtic for it after being accused of setting them off.

11. markybhoy2122

whats the actual name of the "large central pub" that the bands are playing?!
    gonna get tickets for the tues night but its all a little vague!!
    even when you go to the ryans band website and go to buy tickets it doesnt actually tell you where it is!

12. AIDANDYLAN

On my ticket it says NIEUWEZIJDS KOLK 25?? I think that is the address of the bar? cant find it on google but?:31:

13. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
  14. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone

From google maps

Akhnaton, Nieuwezijds Kolk 25, Burgwallen Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Just copy and paste on google maps and its there.

15. AIDANDYLAN

Silly me!! That place will be rammed! HH:celt_2:

16. AIDANDYLAN

HaHa its a * gay bar!!

17. NA CEILTIGH

who cares if its a gay bar we will all be happy anyway. think theres very little tickets left for the Tuesday night. The venue is 5 min walk from dam sq and the station by the looks of it.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2013
  18. AIDANDYLAN

Aye shud be good night on the Tuesday and prob watch the game there aswell if cant get hold of any tickets.
    Want to change my Hotel to somewhere closer to Dam sq cause my current hotel is a wee bit out of the way & not staggering distance.

19. NA CEILTIGH

aidan why don't you try durty nellys. Its an Irish bar/hostel and its right at dam sq. I have stayed there before and its great location and what you would expect from a hostel. Its around 25 quid a night and you get a breakfast too. 6 of us staying there and im sure loads more as it holds 70.

20. AIDANDYLAN

Tried that one no room on the 6th. Think ive left it too late to try & get somewhere else. Ive tried a few places & all sold out on the 6th.:31: