1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Dam

Discussion in 'Celtic Supporters Info' started by Courteener, Aug 29, 2013.

Discuss The Dam in the Celtic Supporters Info area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Where have you heard it might be Johan ?

2. NA CEILTIGH

do you mean they will do a gig in Holland the day before the game but not in Amsterdam

3. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

As far I'm aware it's still 16 years. Will be 18+ years from 2014 though.

4. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

Saw it on their facebook that they're trying to set up a gig in Amsterdam. Thought I seen mentioned it would be the day before the game. Might change ofcourse.

5. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

Amsterdam

6. Millerntor

Can never quite get my head around folk that go abroad to watch Celtic and end up going to some overpriced boozer/club, and often paying to get in, to listen to Glasgow/Irish rebel bands. Fair enough if you rarely get the chance to see them but I don't doubt that these places are full of people that have seen the same bands plenty times over.

Each to their own of course!

7. NA CEILTIGH

People go to certain places/bars on away trips to be with their own people and hope for a good atmosphere and a bita craic. Most of the away trips I have been too we have spent a lot of time in the main squares etc with thousands of other tims. I'm sure you have seen for yourself at games people spend a lot of time singing certain songs by certain bands or groups. If it happens that one of them bands is playing in the host city to bring the fans together then I think its a good idea. As you say people have a choice to go or not but im pretty sure if CATB play whilst there is 5-10 thousand tims in a city for a game, that many will want to attend. There is nothing wrong with going to see the same band many times, or listening to the same cd many times, or going to watch the same football team every week. As much as we are there for a game, there is nothing wrong with taking part in other events or activities, such as going to the youth game, going to an Irish bar, a concert or even to local places of interest or tourist spots. I'm there for 4 days and the Celtic game will last for 90 mins so I am keen to do as much fun things as I can the rest of the time.

8. 3rings

A few members of CSC Switzerland have booked their flights and hotel.
    Now we're joining the hunt for tickets :)

9. NA CEILTIGH

was talking to the secretary of my supporters club about tickets to Ajax away. He says according to few sources and the demand for tickets off Celtic that there could be over 15000 in Amsterdam. If true will be nightmare for tickets but it will be some atmosphere around Dam sq.

10. smithy18

Can't wait for this booking flights this weekend and then starting to save for hotel and spending money definitely not hitting the boozers again * getting charged 14 Euro for a jack & coke think I'll stick to getting smoked out. I see Celtic have put on another flight for it so there must be quite the demand should be a brilliant trip

11. RoarBhoy

Me and a mate booked our flights today, flying out of Edinburgh on the Tuesday night. Cannot * wait!!

12. NA CEILTIGH

Has anyone been told that they have tickets for this game yet from celtic or will it be a while yet. Surely celtic know by now how many they will get and how many they need for their charters and sponsers etc. hope we find out soon.

13. AnnoniOnAnawNoo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    In my experience it could be as close as 2 weeks before hand before you find out for definite from the club.

14. AIDANDYLAN

Cany wait till the DAM. No tickets for game just going for a laugh n euro away day experience!! Might try & get tickets in home end over there if poss. Is everyone just heading to Dam square?? Staying at the inner hotel, dont really know how far away that is from the square!! HH

15. NA CEILTIGH

I would imagine that in the day if the game most people will go ti dam sq although that could be weather dependant. That's where fans have went in the past.

16. Paddy McCourt

What's the deal with bevvy in the square? Any issue with the local Police?

17. Millerntor

It will be fine.

And anyway, they'll know from the qualifier that any trouble and we'll skelp them!

18. Chavez

Got a phone call from the Inner Hotel today to tell me they had over booked our rooms and asking if I would consider a refund. Since booking up I've read shitloads of rank reviews about it (5 reviews in a row saying they got bed bugs fs ) so told them I would.

Very luckily, have managed to book into the Flying Pig, which is known as one of the best hostels in Europe, it looks brilliant and is bang smack in the centre.

Don't plan on attempting to buy tickets from unofficial sites but will try my best on the day to scope some out, will be mental whatever happens.

It's would take a * of a lot to beat the complete carnage of my last Celtic away trip but if there is anywhere in the world to try, then it's the * Dam innit.

:drag:

:icon_mrgreen:

19. AIDANDYLAN

Great were booked into the inner hotel!! I though it was meant to be arite in there?? What site did you book flying pig & how much is it?

Cheers:31:

20. dannynye1888

Anyone staying in hotel ben?