1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Draft] The Categories Draft, ranking card

Discussion in 'Competition Corner' started by Callum McGregor, Jul 26, 2016.

Discuss The Categories Draft, ranking card in the Competition Corner area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    This is where you upload your formation and if you want to, tell us a bit about your tactics and/or players.

Once all teams are uploaded, PM your votes for the following categories.

Best Team

Best Attack

Best Midfield

Best Defence

--------------

Giving someone 1st place earns them 5 points, 2nd place 4 points, 3rd place 3 points and so on.

I suggest using www.sharemytactics.com to upload your formation. You position your players on the pitch and enter their name in the positions box on the left. Then select a team name and submit your team. You will then be given a forum code. Paste that forum code into this thread.

Any questions, send me a PM. Keep all discussion in the other thread until ALL teams are posted in this thread.

2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    [​IMG]

A well balanced team, full of trophy wins and good quality, technical footballers. A solid defence with powerful full backs, solid centre backs and a legendary goalkeeper.

Three brilliant ball playing midfielders who all have a goal threat.

An impressive attacking three with great technical ability and shooting prowess.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2016
  3. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    [​IMG]

4. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    [​IMG]

Tactics: they can all do whatever the * they want :icon_mrgreen:

5. James Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

6. obafgkmlt The Unseen Fenian American SpaceTeuchter

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Jules
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    [​IMG]

Defense: Powerful and intelligent ball-playing CBs, and fullbacks with full license to bomb forward. In fact, both Júnior and Zanetti also played as midfielders and wingers on their respective sides. They will contribute as much to the attack as they will to the defense. The right side connection here will be especially impressive, as Bergomi and Zanetti played on the same Inter team. CBs will also accommodate Edgar Davids as support in the middle. And in net, what more needs to be said about the Black Spider?

Midfield: This midfield's organization and creativity is the key to my team. In attack, Edgar Davids has the entire width of the field to play the ball forward from his DM position, with the fullbacks bombing forward out wide, the left and right of the diamond in closer, and Zico further ahead if he finds space. While defending, he will act almost as a 3rd CB, capable of dropping back and taking out central attackers with his famous tenacity. As left and right CMs, Ryan Giggs and Bobby Murdoch will be the creative engine of the team, finding outlets wide to the advancing fullbacks, to Zico in the middle, and the tall and powerful strikers (it was said of Bobby Murdoch that "he could land the ball on a thrupenny bit," and he will here). Zico is the heart of my attack, both finding creative channels to the strikers as they shake off their defenders, and moving forward himself to receive from the lower midfielders.

Attack: Bergkamp will act as a secondary striker, playing off of Zico quite a bit and finding creative connections with Drogba, while Drogba outmuscles his mark and picks up through balls from both Bergkamp and Zico. These tall and strong attackers also will get on the end of the flurry of crosses coming in from the attacking fullbacks.

Set pieces: There is no shortage of free kick takers in this side, with Zico and Júnior both phenomenal options. The CBs are equally useful on corners, especially Ruggeri, "El Cabezón" ("The Big-Headed One").

EDIT: Remedying a minor * up in my selection...I mixed up my Milans...Zanetti didn't play under Capello.

HOWEVER, Zico played under Zagallo (replacing the incorrect Zanetti), Júnior won a Copa Libertadores (replacing Zico), and Zanetti has a goal on Youtube (replacing Júnior).

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Kjar4miXIs[/ame]

So ALL IS WELL MOVE ALONG

7. This Charming Man

8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    JC Anton's team

[​IMG]
    JC Anton is on holiday now, so won't be able to vote but he gave me his picks, told me it was 4-4-2 and asked me to upload for him.

9. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    [​IMG]

Defence- In goal we have arguably England's best ever keeper Peter Shilton the man who made the incredible save from Pele's header and tipped it over the bar! In front of him are 3 of the greatest centre backs to ever grace the game. Costacurta, Hierro and Passarella represent not only solid defending but also goals with Hiero and Passarella scoring an incredible 253 goals between them with Costacurta chipping in with another incredible amount of 3 :rolleyes:. With these three rocks at the back no forward will get any sniff and they are all capable passers of the ball which will allow the team to break forward quickly and effectively.

Midfield- Five unbelievable midfielders with an insane amount of awards, goals and assists between them. The two box to box midfielders in the middle are two of not only the best centre mids ever but best ever players. Lothar Matteus and Ruud Gullit are a dynamic duo going forward and backwards and can both slot into virtually any position on the pitch. Once the ball hits there feet they can then charge forward knowing the other will drop or spread the ball wide or to the forwards. Out wide we have on the right the dribbling king Garrincha who will beat any defender with ease and can cross the ball or cut in himself and on the other wing Kenny Dalglish represents pace and goals with his ability to cut inside and shoot on his right. Both wingers have pace, agility, flair and most importantly an ability to produce when it matters. The midfield is topped off by the magician that is Jay Jay Okocha a guy that was so good they named him twice! Excellent In shooting, passing, and most notably dribbling his presence in the number10 role means he can roam the pitch freely making it impossible for the opposition to mark him.

Strikers- 426 goals in less than 760 matches between these two south American strikers. Ronaldo is undoubtedly one of the best strikers to grace the game a man who made the impossible possible and Tevez still playing has scored a stupid amount of goals at any team and league he has played in. These two interchanging with the wingers running out wide making space allowing them to cut in and vice versa will mean an unlimited supply of goals.

This isn't just a fantasy team, this is an M&S Fantasy team

10. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    I've dubbed my team 'Hollitalia' for obvious reasons.

[​IMG]

GK: In goal I have 'The Bulldog', Jose Luis Chilavert. The fiery Paraguayan was a sensational keeper with a penchant for scoring goals as well as stopping them, and is enshrined in the history books as the second highest scoring keeper in football history. Voted the world's best keeper three times in the 90's, named Argentine footballer of the year and South American footballer of the year (all positions), captained his country at two world cups, being named in the team of the tournament in 98. Rightly named by World Soccer as one of the 100 greatest footballers of all time.

RB: One of Celtic's 'Quality Street Gang' who emerged as the most talented players the Scottish game ever saw, Hay was a versatile and complete footballer equally adept in defence and midfield. Played a crucial part in five league titles in a row during his career at Parkhead.

CB: At the heart of my defence is the elegant, technically accomplished Gaetano Scirea who quite simply won everything there was to win as a footballer at club level. An indispensable linchpin in numerous league and European triumphs for Juve not to mention a World Cup for Italy, set the standard that Italian defenders are measured by to this very day.

CB: Had to wait for Scirea to retire before pushing his way into the Italy set-up but when he did... Franco Baresi. One-club man, his name is a byword for defensive prowess. Technically gifted and brilliant at bringing the ball forward and starting attacks from deep. Numerous European and domestic honours and too many individual gongs to mention.

LB: Another one-club legend, this time from the black and blue side of Milan. Giacinto Facchetti was a revolutionary player and one of the first truly world class attacking fullbacks.

CM: Part of the Dutch 'total football' school and a crucial one at that, Johan Neeskens was a tenacious midfielder adept at pressing, winning the ball and using it going forward. An excellent box-to-box player.

CM: One of the foremost of the famous 'Busby Babes' and arguably Manchester United and England's greatest ever footballer, Bobby Charlton is rightly held up as one of the game's greats. Great passing range, attacking instincts and shooting ability all combined to make him the complete package as a player. Backed up his club exploits with fantastic performances internationally, England wouldn't have won the World Cup without him.

LAM: Johan Cruyff, football genius. Need I say more? An influential, fantastic playmaker and goalscorer who revolutionised the game.

RAM: Wynton Rufer, voted Oceania player of the Century by Fifa, a fantastic forward who scored goals for fun in Switzerland and Germany and also got it done on the European stage for Bremen. New Zealand will never have another player like him.

CF: One of the greatest pure number 9's the game ever witnessed, Marco van Basten is right up there in the pantheon of great Dutch footballers. Multiple Ballon d'Or awards, a scoring rate just shy of a goal a game for Ajax and an equally impressive record in Italy with Milan. The fact that he achieved so much despite his career being curtailed by injury speaks volumes.

CF: Quite simply the greatest player in Real Madrid's storied history, before Alfredo Di Stefano arrived the club had only won the league twice. In the time since they've set the standard for European success, but the five European Cup's in a row won during Di Stefano's time will never be matched again. I'll throw in a quote about him from Bobby Charlton to sum it up: 'He takes the ball from the goalkeeper, he tells the fullbacks what to do, wherever he is on the field he is in position to take the ball. You can see his influence on everything that is happening…. I had never seen such a complete footballer.'

11. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    [​IMG]

Going for a diamond formation with Maldini and McGrain providing the width at full-back. Heart of defence has two of the best CB's of the 2000s, Terry and Nesta.

Goalie is the ever reliable Cech.

Xavi and Veron will dictate the pace of the game with Yaya Toure as the screen in midfield. Has the license to bomb forward.

Baggio as the classic No.10, Ibra as the target man with the crafty ShevaGoal playing just off him. Quality.

12. Keano88

[​IMG]

Bonner - Celtic & Ireland Legend.. Intimidating figure in goals.

Lauren - Arsenal Invincible & 2 time AFCON winner.. Ljungberg once said of him "If any one would kick me, he would kick the * out of them" the type of guy you want in the trenches with you, team player. He will be more of a defensive full back.

Desaiily - Won back to back CL's with Marseille & Milan.. He was also part of the France team who won WC 98 and Euro 2000.. He will be my rock at the back.

Koeman - Top scoring defender of all time with a massive 239 career goals, also won top scorer in the CL 93-94, amazing... He was part of the Dutch team that won Euro 88 and won CL with PSV & Barcelona. He will be my ball playing CB

Lahm -
    One of the greatest RB ever.. Captained his country to WC glory and has won numerous titles with Bayern. He will use his intelligence to bomb on when possible.

Vieira -
    Captain of the Arsenal Invincible's and part of the WC 98 & Euro 2000 winning French squad. He will be my CDM and will fill in when Koeman bombs forward.

Deco -
    Was the main man in the Porto side that won the CL & UEFA. Went on to play for Barcelona where he won another CL and was voted UEFA midfielder of the year in 04 & 06. He will be my creative midfielder.

Lampard -
    Spent 13 season at Chelsea and was top scorer on 5 occasions.. quite amazing for CM. Won the CL & EL with Chelsea. Uefa midfielder of the year in 08. He will be my all rounder.. not scared to get stuck in and has a real eye for getting forward and scoring goals.

Eusébio -
    One of the greatest players ever. 790 goals in 809 games for club & country, amazing.. Won the CL with Benfica, Won the Balon d'Or and also won the Golden Boot at his only World Cup, scoring 9 goals.

Puskás - One of the greatest strikers ever. 514 in 529 at club level & 83 in 84 for Hungary. Won 3 CL's with Madrid & Runner up in WC 54with Hungary.

Pelé -
    Arguably the greatest player ever. 1281 goals in 1363 games. Winner of 3 World Cups & 41 trophies combined.

The front 3 will do what they do best and score for fun. They boast well over 2,000 goals between them.

13. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Cheers Minty...

That midfield speaks for itself... :50:

15. Larsson93

16. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Commence voting. Send your votes to me via PM. I'll announce the results when I have all the votes in. :50:

17. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    About to announce the results. :50:

18. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Have you called in Gianni Infantino to do the honours? I'll be disappointed if you haven't.

19. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Best Team
    1. Keano
    2. Mr.Fawlty
    3. V for Vendetta
    4. James
    5. Minty

Best Attack
    1. Keano (By a distance)
    2. Mr.Fawlty
    3. James

Best Midfield
    1. JC Anton
    2. V for Vendetta
    3. Mr.Fawlty

Best Defence
    1. TheHolyGoalie
    2. Minty
    3. Keano & James

20. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Feel free to discuss in this thread now. Congratulations to Keano. There was a 3 point gap between you and Mr.Fawlty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.