1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Boys

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by dbhoy72, Mar 31, 2021.

Discuss The Boys in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    All it shows is a fight between homelander and butcher could thought that was a given regardless hardly a spoiler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I’m * scared of anything being spoiled, got PTSD after years of * spoiling Game of Thrones.

honda and littlekennie like this.
  3. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Finale. Long post…

Enjoyed moments but didn’t enjoy it really as a whole.

Feel as if we’ve just gone through an entire season and we are back where we started, Soldier Boy in a tank, Maeve out of the scene, The Boys together, Homelander focusing on his son, that woman being a threat.

* was that about with Noir? Surely he’s not dead. I can see them going down the comic route if he returns, maybe that was their easy cop out to get to that point.

Didn’t like Frenchy being shot and them just ignoring that. Didn’t like them just breaking out the safe no bother. Didn’t like A-Train just saying * all when Homelander was at them. Didn’t really like any Deep scenes.

I did like the ending with Homelander killing the guy and everyone cheering. That’s what he’s always wanted, now he’s realised he can get it and be a * so he will openly be a * rather than trying to please people. Ryan slightly smiling too sets him up to maybe be even worse. I liked Ashley deleting the footage of Maeve too, showing she’s not pandering to Homelander anymore.

There’s loads more to unpack but cba.

I love the show bottom line, but my biggest pet peeve is the laser eyes… why couldn’t butcher take V and have a different power. Feel like that’s all you see in fights. I understand him and Homelander are meant to be kind of opposites and emenies so they are equal… just makes for a boring fight. Let’s Laser soldier boys shield 500 times.

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Just finished it and the bit in bold is what I was coming in to say.

The fact that Soldier Boy is alive and Homelander still has his powers and is actually in a stronger position than ever feels like such a waste of time.

The whole Noir and A-Train stuff is weird. Noir left as soon as it was revealed Soldier Boy was alive. Went to a wee bar and was seeing * in his head, returned and got killed. What was the point? A-Train went through that whole side arc and had no moment of "redemption", albeit he can't be redeemed.

It's enjoyable TV but not sure how I feel about that season. Feel like it could have been so much better.

MacEwan likes this.
  5. JamesM09

+1 here. Came on to make almost the exact same posts.

I enjoyed it overall but it feels like the plot isn't moving forward. The potential in this show is nearly limitless but they just keep repeating the same stuff over and over again.

The Noir stuff was fun and interesting and then they just killed him. I'm sure this is the same circumstances Homelander killed Stillwell under - so it is consistent - by why manufacture it so it happens to Noir? Arguably the dullest thing that could've happened. Just boring.

Also think having Kimiko enjoy killing the nameless grunts after what she went through is a bit of a mis-step too. I get what the show is but if everyone is just having a laugh with gratuitous violence it becomes a bit pointless. Surely after going through her revelations she should be disabling normal guard doing their jobs by breaking their arms instead of needlessly ripping apart their corpses.

The battle for Ryan's soul and him becoming Homelander 2 is just a bit meh for me, so it's annoying that will once again be a main plot point. I felt like in the last moments of the final episode we got a sniff of the type of thing we could've seen instead, i.e. Homelander being genuinely compromised (maybe lose his powers for a while) or Homelander forced to be a hero/team up with The Boys.

neilly1987 and MacEwan like this.
  6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Aye, that moment Ryan gets done by Soldier Boy prompting Butcher and Homelander to briefly team up was probably the most interesting part of the episode.

It actually made you feel for Homelander which is mental considering what he’s done, I think that’s a testament to the actor rather than the writing.

JamesM09 and littlekennie like this.
  7. JamesM09

Butcher and Homelander actors have good chemistry too. Another reason they should consider some sort of unholy team up, if only to get those two actors interacting more.

8. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Need to get back on this, absolute brilliant show.

JamesM09 likes this.
  9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I never realised how repetitive the show was getting until I stuck on episode 8 yesterday and was 12 minutes in before I realised I was watching episode 8 Series 1, not 3 :rofl:

Still love it though. Kimiko is the best.

MacEwan and JamesM09 like this.
  10. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Just started on season 3.

This is fast becoming one of my fav shows ever.

11. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Watched it all, have to say whilst I still love the show , wasn't a fan at all of the compound v use or whatever its called.

Mind you guess it resulted in an end game for the show, so guess its got another couple, maybe 3 seasons left.

12. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Just got around to watching this, fired right through and got 4 Episodes of Season 3 left.

Phenomenal show, easy a 9/10 for me!