1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Boxing Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Liam Scales, Jul 1, 2011.

Discuss The Boxing Thread in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Been a fan of Fury since his debut. I can’t even remember the main event of the card, but he was a big gangle bloke with an English * title who nobody could’ve predicted would win a world title, let alone have the career he’s had.

I’m just not gonna hold him to a lesser standard than anyone else in boxing. PED’s obviously put an * on any career, and you only get credit for what you’ve actually done.

Still a fan of his I should add, although I like Usyk more given now given how impressive his performance vs Joshua was, and his efforts in Ukraine.

cidermaster likes this.
  2. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Fury is in no Doubt An All Time Heavy Weight Great!:60:

Just to mix it up a bit On Celtic closing in on the Title Sunday, George Foreman in his Pomp would beat him, but that is how you search and search to beat Fury in Fantasy:84:

King of Kings likes this.
  3. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Chisora back in the day, when he fought Fury, Haye and Vitali would beat today's AJ imo. And that's why Fury absolutely schooling him, fighting the whole fight southpaw, is all the more impressive. He made him quit. Not quite AJ quitting vs Ruiz, but he quit all the same, mind.

If Fury fought AJ, splattered him across the canvas, all everyone would say is 'well big deal, we knew he is far superior in every way and AJ has no heart'.

4. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Disagree.

Again, Chisora has never beaten an elite level heavyweight. His best win is what? Takam? Price? They’re levels below Klitschko.

That’s the issue Fury faces. Any way you look at it, his resume of work is thin, and a win over AJ would improve it significantly.

Personally I hope he does it, because I believe he can, even the PED-free version of him, but he doesn’t get any credit based on what he could do. He gets credit based on what he’s done.

5. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

I reckon if he chinned AJ, he'd get * all credit. Everyone would say it's to be expected and he has to fight whoever is next to truly prove himself.

You do realise big HGH gut AJ looks like a complete roider, don't you ? The same AJ that put a suspicious amount of muscle on in a crazy time period, once he turned pro. I'd be * amazed if the bodybuilder isn't on the juice tbh, just because he's the golden goose and hasn't * hot, doesn't mean he's squeaky clean.

6. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I figured Boxers were random tested, not just before fights. Hgh however stays in your body for only 15 or so hours so if you knew a test was coming you could easily get off that or another ped like insulin.

7. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

The WBC are the only governing body that properly test randomly I think, they insist all fighters are in VADA programme.
    Guess what belt AJ has never fought for ? :fear:

cfcturbo and honda like this.
  8. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    He would absolutely get bags of credit if he stopped Joshua. No doubt whatsoever about that. One of the best wins of his career.

Again, I don’t really give a * about “AJ” and have no doubt he’s on the gear, just like Fury has been proven to be.

9. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    What a legend he is and a fantastic boxer. Seems to be a really good guy. I hope we will see him in the ring again.

10. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    We will. This retirement stuff is just the usual string of * that flies outside his mouth.

King of Kings and Skelleto like this.
  11. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Joshua insists on random VADA testing throughout training camps for him and his opponent.

He sacrifices money from his own purse to do so. Hence why Jarrell Miller got caught injecting steroids up his *.

If he was fighting anyone else, chances are he would have got away with it.

I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but insinuating Joshua is on PEDs when he’s one of the biggest advocates for random drug testing is a lot of *.

12. scootz

I don't see much (career) value in a Fury v AJ fight. That bubble was well and truly burst with AJ's losses to Ruiz and Usyk.

Sure, it would draw the punters, but I don't think AJ's name means anywhere near as much on Fury's record as it once did. I'm certainly not bursting to see that fight (now).

The fight that I think Fury will struggle to ignore is Usyk... if he beats AJ again. I suspect the 'best of his generation' tag is the most important thing for Fury at this stage in his career... and if Usyk beats AJ then there would be a great big question mark hanging over it. Would Fury be able to ignore it?

13. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I see Whyte is upset about Fury's push on him and that he wasn't allowed time to show he was OK.

Whyte won't remember either.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    His comment's are hilarious..

Aye mate, you're leg's were like bambi on ice because he pushed you :56:

Says it was a close fight
    Gave as good as he got
    Wants a rematch

Forgets he was played with
    Could barely get close nevermind land a punch
    Was completely rocked with a beauty of an uppercut

Let's no forget that anytime they were clinching he was in with the elbows..

Made a complete * of his self with that interview. Should've done what he done in the build up and said fuckall. He'll get slaughtered and ripped to shreds for that load of waffle..

Hammy89 likes this.
  15. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    If he believes it was a close fight, he doesn't deserve a rematch.

If that was as good as he has, he doesn't deserve a rematch.

No one wants to watch Whyte Fury again. It was a complete mismatch and would end in the same result.

The purse for for Fury Whyte would be £3.50. The fans want Usyk and AJ.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  16. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

I like Whyte but that interview is a shambles. He got his head jabbed off even without considering the KO

Hammy89 and McChiellini.. like this.
  17. scootz

He was well beaten.

The push was a foul, but it had no bearing on the outcome as Whyte landed on his shoulder.
    Had his head smacked the canvas then he would have had a (very) valid complaint though.

18. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

You know how cycles work, aye ? He's always had this hanging over him, his TUE rumours etc. I reckon most top athletes are at it tbf, but AJ is a stick on. Just look at him fs :giggle1:

19. Northerner Ave Maria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    The push was a pity push. It wouldn't have ended well for Whyte if it was a hook than landed after the uppercut.

Twisty likes this.
  20. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Katie Taylor fights Amanda Serrano tonight at about 3am UK time.

Serrano is 33, record 44-1 with 30 knockouts and is or has been champion across super-featherweight, junior-featherweight, featherweight, lightweight, bantamweight, light-welterweight, and junior-bantamweight divisions. She has never had a boyfriend and never owned a phone in her life. She goes up to her highest ever weight class to fight 35 year old Katie who is still undefeated. Serrano is known for her power.. but will it carry up one more weight class? Katie’s got the speed but lacks any serious punching power. This is the first time 20-0 and 2012 Olympic gold medalist Katie has ever been an underdog in her career.

Katie 11/10
    Serrano 4/6
    Draw 14/1

Should be a cracker! Thought you guys would enjoy a bit of background on the fight.