1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Board

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Prof, Oct 26, 2020.

Discuss The Board in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    The fans that constantly feed the machine are the problem buddy, “I want the board out we will hit them where it hurts” pish. Still goes and buys a season book, still goes and buys a new top, still peddles cash in on match day buying food, still buys tickets to euro games. But what we will do is boycott a game during the season to show our anger, what boycott a game that you’ve already paid for in buying a season book? That’s the problem not people that think your being self entitled. If getting in for free was a big issue why didn’t everyone just not buy the tickets? That’s the only protest they’ll listen to. Putting a banner up and making it look like sour grapes, the board probably * them self laughing at that, as well as every paying punter that walked through the gates.

It’s the exact same as Mike Ashley at Newcastle, the reason why they can’t budge him is the same, because the fans love going to watch their club too much and would rather go and shout at him from the stand, paying for their tickets than not paying and missing out. The * already won as the moneys hit his pocket. It’s the exact same as us.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  2. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    You’re missing the point, mate. That’s a completely different argument.

I’m not saying that I’m blameless for buying the ticket. * sake, it’s my club and I love them. I believe we can get change while supporting the club and going to games. You called me entitled. I disagree. I’m not entitled. I spend a small fortune on Celtic every single year, like many of us do. The one thing I am “entitled” to, is an opinion on the ticket prices for Thursday.

When I said you were part of the problem, to be fair that actually came out wrong. What I was trying to say was calling out the green brigade for a very good banner, which got a massive round of applause from the whole stadium might I add, is wrong. Stand by your fellow fans and lay the blame where it should be, at the boards door.

Noskeil likes this.
  3. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Ok. The Board need to understand the fans can turn the tap on or off any time we want.

That means all fans acting as one. It's hard as we don't want to hurt the club we love, so what's the solution?

Targeted show of unity.

Week 1. No supporter gives any kiosk or food outlet any biz. Demand reasonable prices and quality.

Week 2. No merch. Buy your stuff another week

Something like this won't hurt the bottom line over the season but it would help build fan unity and would show if unity is even possible.

The main gripe from me is those cnuts won't make themselves available to be held to account except at AGM.

Maybe that's something shareholders could change. If they had to give a monthly Q&A to a fan group then it would stop them hiding. ( and putting up fences.. who funded that by the way? Does it come off the directors salaries.)

Noskeil likes this.
  4. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    completely agree fella, having fan moaning at fan due to the boards misgivings and mismanagement is exactly what they want as it deflects from them.

Like I said about the banner originally, I usually support the GB in everything they do, they’re an asset to the club and literally the fans mouthpiece to the board. I just think they missed an opportunity to make their voice heard about a bigger problem, the board themselves. Most people that didn’t attend asked the same question of “what was it aimed at” as most of the time they hit it out the park with it being a clear signal to what they want to say. Complaining about a £19 ticket come across as petty. Not saying it was right to charge fans but first game in there has been bigger things to address over the last 9+ months.

That’s what I’m saying we’re stuck between a rock and a hard place. For example I gave up my ST this year in disgust, there’s nothing more that I enjoy than going to the game, it’s my release from working, it’s my passion in life, the first time I walked into Celtic Park I was hooked. I didn’t expect everyone else to do it as it was my choice I understood I’d have to go back on the waiting list when they’ve sorted their *. I checked on Monday my seat was free, checked on Wednesday it’s now taken.

Long story short, even if people cancel their books there is always someone there to take your place, the board know that and they play us like a fiddle. The fans will never be unified as too many are unwilling to potentially lose their seat they’ve held for years (understandably so) but as I say that plays straight into the boards hands.

What bigger statement could have we made on Thursday, than to refuse to pay the £19 and not turn up on mass, that would have achieved 2 things with one gesture. They expected a full house, they got a full house business as usual.

bkk bhoy likes this.
  5. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

The squad they’ve left the manager to work with is * abysmal.

It’s obvious he’s identified players he wants and they’re * about as usual. Probably over a few hundred grand here and there.

The Don, Hammy89, Noskeil and 3 others like this.
  6. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I know it's been said a thousand times in here but...

* back Ange, ya tight *!

7. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Sign some defenders already you snakey *

Hammy89 and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  8. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    That first half was scintillating yesterday. Now back Ange so he can produce 90 minute performances.

Depth is so crucial for the future, being tight will still cost you in the long run because injuries will happen without enough rest during this punishing schedule, and long term injuries will then need a replacement.

Stop * about and get it done.

9. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Scum *.

The Phoenix and Hammy89 like this.
  10. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Early days but Ange has given us some belief that he is capable of giving us a very successful and exciting team to watch. Clearly he's identified targets that are essential for that to result in trophy success, primarily winning the league and it will be unforgivable if the board don't back the manager with the quantity and quality required.

The clock is ticking Dom and time to back up your promises made to us and Ange. Failure to do so will soon see demands for your head to roll.

The Phoenix, Hammy89 and Noskeil like this.
  11. john2061

The board know what's at stake this season with £40 million at the end of it and Ang has said over the last couple of weeks signings will come .
    If signings don't happen and it costs us the league then it's time to remove this board as we are not getting run as a proper football club .
    It could also cost us the manager who will be disillusioned by the board and may leave and that would be unforgivable .

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
  12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I have no problem feeding the machine, as long as that machines set up to feed the results on the pitch.

That’s where the disconnect is just now I think.

Noskeil likes this.
  13. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Going into our 3rd European tie without a RB or LB signed...this is pure incompetency.

What if Ralston were to pull his hamstring tonight? What then?

It's absolute madness

Sentinel, The Phoenix and The Don like this.
  14. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I quite like the board myself :49:

15. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I completely agree and was more than happy to support them with every spare penny I had, but when you see the neglect in the squad you have to question what’s happening. This hasn’t just been last season, it’s been seasons in the making, that’s why for me, enough was enough.

Liam Scales likes this.
  16. The Don

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone
    The board are really starting to take the * now. If they come up with the goods this week and back Ange with some quality signings then I will take it back. But at the moment you have to say they are taking the * out of the fans, Ange and his staff. Greedy, incompetent dinosaurs.

17. john2061

Is that you Mr Desmond you can * off as well .

18. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Thanks John we value your custom please continue to support YOUR club. #FutureIsOurFocus

Senna s1979 likes this.
  19. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    Even if they deliver 2 more players, say a RB and a ST that won't be enough.

We need at least 5 in before the window closes.

LB, RB, ST, CB and LW/LWF

All 5 need to be of the quality to go into the starting eleven.

We probably need more since some of our squad players aren't good enough but that will probably have to wait until January.

I'm thinking of the backup GK position here. Ideally we get Barkas shifted this window, but with Bain being * too, we'd need a better back up to Hart. I'd go for the Dundee United keeper. But I'd be content to leave those type of signings until Jan.

McGrory1888 likes this.
  20. john2061

Agree with that and the depth of squad at the moment is not good enough to go through the season and playing the same players week in and week out will take its toll .