1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Board

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Prof, Oct 26, 2020.

Discuss The Board in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. wulliebad

By the end of this month we could be out of the CL,out of Europe,Knocked out the cup by hearts and 6 points behind....without some more players in it could well happen.Even with players in a team rushed together its still a possibility. Ange will have one of the hardest starts to a season i can remember.

Luis1967 likes this.
  2. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    I'm afraid this isn't good enough.

Pressure needs to be put on referees so that we are not on the end of persistent injustices. I want a new campaign directed at the officials as was done during Lennon's first season. Reid, for all his faults, was good during that period.

The Huns went an entire season without getting a red card or conceding a penalty. That can't be allowed to continue.

3. david100825

It is an utter disgrace. Absolutely shambolic. Continued protest is all that will do.

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Fine. But to suggest we won't be allowed to win a title, even if we deserve it, is quite blatantly nonsense.

We wouldn't have won so many titles and cups if that was the case.

5. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I think it needs to get out of hand slightly. I'm no talking about breaking the law but I think the banners need to be offensive, they need to be clear and they need to be to the absolute point. We don't need to smash up cars or throw shark railings but we do need to be loud, we need to be clear and we need to be united. This needs to continue as well. Not just for one week and that's where the major fan groups need to come together and organise this weekly. They cannot keep us out now, we are there, we will always be there but they * won't and it's about time we stood united, fighting for this football club.

john2061 likes this.
  6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

They did their best during that period.

We were cheated out of another Treble during that period when 4 separate officials with clear views failed to see a guy punching a ball on the goal-line.

No-one will ever convince me otherwise that we were conspired against that day.

That's before we even look at SFA officials EBTs while in office.

Us not being good enough at present and the country's officials having a bias against us can both be true at the same time. Us managing to overcome that on many occasions in our recent history doesn't disprove that.

There's a litany of decisions that can be pointed to during that period that show that bias including creating a charge out of thin air (Not in the interests of Association Football) to try and punish Broony for holding his arms aloft at the final whistle.

7. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    We were cheated out of the title in 2003 despite being the best team.

The Huns drew 2-2 at Dens Park the week after we beat them at Ibrox in the final derby game.

They were awarded 3 penalties in that game at Dens Park, with Ferguson missing the first two.

When was the last time we got more than 1 penalty away from home during a title race. 3 pens ffs.

Anyway, I agree we seriously need to look at our own deficiencies first and foremost. There's far too much shiteness against just about every team for our troubles to be put down to refs.

I do think once we're up to speed with a strong XI (whenever that happens... if ever o_O) we should nonetheless be setting the tone that we won't take any *. For me, casually accepting blatant injustices illustrates how the club is so badly run. There's just no fight. It's all very Mowbray-esque "take it on the chin"

McChiellini.. likes this.
  8. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Ano mate hopefully wouldn’t be as bad as that. January to the end of the seossk was painfully long last season with nothing to play for. * having that again but from September instead!

seanm likes this.
  9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I think what we badly needed was a manager that could come in and galvanise the club, fully backed by the Board and given full control with his own team, someone that would command respect, and would have a vision for the the direction we wanted to go in.

That would've been a proper response to last season, it would've shown serious intent, but sadly this has not been the case.

murphy88, bhoy81 and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  10. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Useless * every single one of them.

Beyond angry now.

seanm likes this.
  11. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Our most important signing over the summer should've been the manager, get that right and other things will fall into place, it's so important to have a leader and a clear structure in place.

murphy88, bhoy81, seanm and 1 other person like this.
  12. scuzzy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke, KT, Naka, Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    I am actually quite confident in Ange's ability to get this team right the way he wants them to play, as we are all well aware it's this * board that's gonna be the problem as usual, without them agreeing to new players ange is just stagnent.
    They need to spend properly take the gamble else they need to go and get people in who have the clubs best interests at heart.
    I'm sick of the tight arsed *.

seanm likes this.
  13. Conjuring_Obey Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley song
    All the loan deals have slowly degraded the structure of the club too. Instead of having solid signings you can rely on we were jumping from loan deal to loan deal and being left with no one to fill the gaps when a signing couldn’t be made.

Noskeil likes this.
  14. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I touched upon this earlier in the week, Loan signings only help the parent club, with all the super rich clubs snapping all the talent up then loaning them out to develop is a disgusting direction football is going. Loans should be emergency only, what’s the point of developing other teams players, especially when your club has no intention of replacing loans with permanent signings.

15. Sgt Neppers*

Akin to Rodgers signing. Not saying we could acquire someone of that level currently but there were plenty targets out there I.e. Favre, Rangnick. We just didn't ask the question. We claim to be a big club, but we certainly don't act like it. We don't aspire to be a big club as there is no desire to push for CL qualification. No foresight to push for the best Academy or facilties off the field, where we could level up to a degree against big money.

We just sit and wait till we're pumped out of CL, then sign 3 or 4, who aren't usually up to much and hope for a decent run in the Europa. For such "smart" business people they have don't know how to run a football club. Probably have zero interest either. Gotta speculate to accumulate.

We're about to run the well dry in selling players for big fees to make up CL losses once Eddy goes, what do the * do next. What would it take to get some football minded people in, top nutrionists and analysts etc, good coaches and and let Ange sign a few top players and build from there.

It's so short sighted. We're the elite's playing thing to speak about at their country club. * sickening.

murphy88, Rydo1888*, eire4 and 4 others like this.
  16. seanm

Bunch of * and thats being generous.get them out asap hh

17. Forza 67

Things could get really ugly soon if they don't buck up thier ideas, absolutely massive month.

18. Martybhoy53

bon débarras ta chatte paresseuse.

Good riddance ya lazy *

19. Pearse67*

Boycott the club on all its terms, these * only care for money!!!

20. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Honestly I don't get the holding out on recruitment. But a player now and they can't train for ten days unless from UK or green list. Deadline deals are too late but this year another 2 weeks too late. The club also won't pay the premium English teams charge. I see 2 more perm signings tops, maybe a couple of loans.