1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Board

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Prof, Oct 26, 2020.

Discuss The Board in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    So, cancelling tickets mid-season is legally impossible?

2. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Ive not idea about the terms and conditions, but I would assume so. You would’ve effectively received a portion of the ‘benefits’ so wouldn’t be entitled to any sort of refund.

3. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

If anything sums this board up and the way they’ve let the team decline it’s the fact they were installing disco lights and trying to build a hotel whilst squabbling over a few hundred thousand to sign the likes of McGinn.

4. Martybhoy53

Saturday at 1pm should be the start of continuous protests to get rid of these blood suckers running the club. GIVE THEM * !!
    Desmond
    Lawwell
    Bankier
    * the lot of them. They dont give a toss. Lord Lucan the majority shareholder. Totally disconnected from the life blood of the club. The supporters.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
    john2061 likes this.
  5. Bonobhoy

Well a scenario i'd love to see is the first home game live on TV and NO fans appear. Let the Papers,TV and Media run wild with it as it circulates on why and where are the fans?

The more we are in the spotlight for reasons like this it should start to place pressure on the necks of these *.

But to many happy clappers and loyal fans just wont do this,and this will then make us a lucky top 6 team.

The board are here unless something drastic happens that gets them in the spotlight.

6. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Either that, or nasty protests. Like abusive chants directed at the board, shocking imagery on banners, etc.

7. dmccourt95

I don’t think the protests will change much in all honesty, I really hope they do but the board run us as a business and their main income (season tickets) have sold out again this year so that’s validation for them to continue doing their archaic *. They genuinely think they done nothing wrong last year and that covid is to blame so they’ll think things will just magically get better on the field if they continue to do their usual silence = professionalism *

8. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

People still hoover up jerseys and season tickets, no reason for the business men in the board to sweat, unfortunately.

AdamRS and King of Kings like this.
  9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

People will say "the season tickets are bought now, so there's nothing we can do" but I don't think that's quite right.

Firstly, McKay is still in his honeymoon period if there's significant protests inside and outside the ground which I think we're very close to then it's not going to reflect well on him.

Secondly, the season tickets were bought this season but I think for the first time it was with a caveat. The fans already overwhelming doubted the boards ability to get it right and I think another horror campaign would result in a massive groundswell for change that will result in withholding money next season.

The relationship between fans and board is the worst it's been since the 1990s and another shambles will see support for Celtic Shared/Celtic Trust growing.

We also have the AGM coming up in a few months which will be interesting to see.

10. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Better be signings this week. Being 6 behind after 4 games looks the most likely at the moment. Gonna be some effort to claw it back. But it is possible.

11. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Still need about 4 or 5 players get a * move on.

12. Sgt Neppers*

We're in full panic mode now. We had no manger since February. * about for 3 months waiting on Howe, with zero changes made in the back ground. Get Ange in at last minute. Doesn't/Isn't allowed to bring his own coaches in. 6 signed so far. 1 is for the Colts, 2 aren't first team players, and the 3 first team players, 1 is in and the other 2 have been in quarantine past 10 days. That's us since February.

We have no direction, leadership or strategy. Our identity is being stripped away in front of our eyes and downsized. Ange needs another 6 first team players, plus a couple of back ups, his own staff, fitness coaches and sports scientists/analyst's. At a MINIMUM.

With all he needs, and our slowness, unprofessionalism, tightness and lack of leadership. I can't see any changes coming soon.

We're meant to be riding a wave of hope and optimism on the back of a new managerial appointment, modern CEO and.fans returning to the stadium. Yet here we are. Clueless, out of CL again, haven't won competitively this season and conceded with almost everyshot thats been on target against us.
    We are told we're spoiled and entitled as well by the gammonati who run us. Absolute vermin.

I want Ange and Celtic to succeed, but with this inept, risk adverse, thoughtless and spineless board. I don't see any change coming soon.

13. Mr. Slippyfist

Surely - and as the board often refer to us as "consumers" rather than supporters - if you purchase a season book, and are not happy with the service or quality of that which you have paid for, then you are well within your rights to either cancel, or request a refund.

You can do it when you buy a toaster ffs!

14. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

We just won nine league titles in a row, and a quadruple treble for * sake. Why did the powers that be not prevent that from happening if there’s a mad masonic conspiracy?

If the team is good enough, we will win trophies.

Mr Shelby, Noskeil and King of Kings like this.
  15. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I cancelled mine on Thurdsday, depends how people pay for them. The easiest way for folk to do it is just cancel the direct debit.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  16. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We are indeed in panic mode. The board are definitely not. Maybe mild annoyance mode because the manager dared criticise them for not signing players fast enough. It is time for the fans to transfer their panic onto the board.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  17. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Sunday at 1pm. Time to show these * we have had enough. I hope thousands turn up. Tens of thousands with banners and if it has to get slightly out of hand for the message to be loud and clear, so be it.

18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Only if you can prove it's faulty or defective.

They could easily argue you've got what you paid for ie. entry to games/access to the Pass to Paradise and that no guarantees were given about performances or results.

Don't think it's a clever road to go down, especially those that took out credit for their season book as it could * their credit history.

The board have been given their notice by the support, if they don't realise that now then they soon will. Things are about to get uncomfortable for them.

19. Forza 67

But they barely played a part in most of those wins, now they're in over there head in significant debt chasing us and need CL football or they will have to start cost cutting big time, if you don't think they will get a helping hand from the establishment then you haven't watched Scottish football for very long, they were helped last season but it got masked due to our implosion. honest mistakes

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
  20. john2061

If any supporter cares for the club they need to be there next week and let this board know we have had enough of them .
    Only constant protest and maybe boycotts of merchandise is the start of this war against them but it needs to be peaceful and vocal and shout as loud as we can SACK THE BOARD .