1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Board

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Prof, Oct 26, 2020.

Discuss The Board in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

3. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    It's their fault we're in this mess, should've spent the money on burying the huns for years when we were well ahead a couple of years ago. Stingey * get them all tae *.

seanm and Crilly like this.
  4. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Stop all the * whinging about how bad the board is and do something about it.
    First thing is call an EGM and demand answers and dont be fobbed off.
    Dont vote the board into their positions until AFTER they have given satisfactory answers

5. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

That would require cooperation from legacy shareholders that doesn't presently exist. You need 10% of PLC shareholders to call an EGM, there would need to be some sort of organisation to arrange that.

Also they give.substandard answers or get insiders to filibuster year-on-year and it makes no impact on them getting voted in. Desmond, Lindsell Train, Lawwell, Investec etc. don't give a * if the supporters are restless at another horror show on the park and they're the ones that hold sway when it comes to PLC votes.

Whatever happens in the next 2-12 weeks in terms of manager & player arrivals, it shouldn't in anyway diminish the need for change

Some quarters have sneered before about more fan representation on the PLC but it's clearly the only way we will force their hand on engagement.

The 2 times they've gave us anything was after a few of the young team went down to lifr the steel fences they had erected outside our stadium and the North Korean-esque interview after Dubai.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    rickyroma25 and Mr. Slippyfist like this.
  6. James Gold Member Gold Member

7. davidhannah

Charlatans and thieves. Time to free Celtic. No money into the club, starve the board out. John Kennedy, Strachan out. Get the greedy shareholders and decision makers out. Mobilise. Protest. They've written off next season before its began. Don't give them a single penny.

Tell your kids, no new kit this season, here's why. The board are destroying Celtic and this is how we protest. I'm sure they'll understand.

seanm likes this.
  8. davidhannah

60,000 fans against a few hundred shareholders treating us with disdain. We can drive them out Parkhead. Man United fans invaded the pitch to protest against the Super League. We need to reclaim our club.

The only money I'll be spending on Celtic will be protest materials. I've had enough of them. Especially the fact that they rejected the Fans shareholders group. They are now thieving custodians of our club, with a new puppet from the Edinburgh Elite.

SteveyNico67, Wee Baldy and seanm like this.
  9. john2061

These people are so out of touch not with the support but also how to run a top football club and these people on the board think differently also politically a board who are Tory's and not Celtic men and think it's time we need to remove these people like the old board .
    So we either firstly start demonstrating at the first home game and start starving them of money by not buying season tickets and merchandise but now enough is enough with this board as we are going backwards at enormous speed and every one of them need to go .

Wee Baldy, davidhannah and seanm like this.
  10. The Dude

They rival the most ridiculous charlatans and the most destructive parasites that have passed through Ibrox Stadium in recent years.

The Howe debacle has to be the final straw. Heads must roll.

Wee Baldy, seanm and The Phoenix like this.
  11. dmccourt95

Their small time approach to running a club has set us 20 years behind the rest of the continent and 2/3 years behind the Huns. A club like Sevilla have a recruitment team of 70 but we have a grand total of 5, 2 of which are based in the UK. It’s the kind of set up I’d expect from a club in the 90s

12. john2061

Agree this board are taking us back to the 1990s and we need to do something about it or we are going to be second best for years to come

Wee Baldy, seanm and dmccourt95 like this.
  13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I'm glad to see the tide is turning against this crowd and they're finally showing their true colours in an unsubtle way.

For years I have been calling out the shoddy and incompetent way we do business and have been shot down by a few who pointed towards League titles and cups as proof that they were doing a good job.

From our position of strength and a free run at Champions League qualification, we should have been out of sight on and off the park for years to come.

The brilliance of Rodgers (as much as it pains me to say it) took us onto another level on the park but even during that, they still couldn't help themselves from meddling. The McGinn fiasco, the signings of Bayo & Shved against the incumbent manager & scouts requests etc. etc.

A new football manager will not suffice in changing the ethos of the football club. This board think they answer to no-one. They peddle lies and play on emotional hooks to get supporters £££ off them for season books and merchandise; then when they've parted with their cash they toddle back into their boardroom for another 12 months before the next annual acknowledgement comes round.

The Green Brigade were right to ask people to hold off on renewing. They've been right all season IMO. This is our football club and it's time we made them aware of that. Withdraw your financial support and force the change.

14. green-yin

The wee mans no gonny be happy when I tell him hes not getting any strips this year. The mrs isnt gonny be happy either when he asks why not and she hears me telling him "because the bad men who run celtic are arseholes"

15. Celticbhoy97

They’ve played a blinder dangled a carrot infront of us to buy season books just to go with their preferred option and hire a * nobody

seanm and davidhannah like this.
  16. DonnyCelt

They need chased out the club pronto. This cannot go on any longer. Desmond is a * parasite and the rest of the board are willing to settle for mediocrity.

Wee Baldy and seanm like this.
  17. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I hated rugger buggers at school, bunch of *, Mckay has just proved me right.

seanm likes this.
  18. James Gold Member Gold Member

I think at some point they did believe they would get Howe but it became apparent he wouldn't come so they put season books out before it got out the Howe deal was off to cash in off his name for a day or so

SteveyNico67 and seanm like this.
  19. davidhannah

You're spot on. That's what they've done. Theft. Charlatans. Thieves.

We can't let them get away with it this time. Don't get fooled again.

seanm likes this.
  20. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I think they have known for a good few days,if not a week.
    To be honest Im surprised they didn't take preorders for new kit to. They are a bunch of fraudsters.

seanm and James like this.