1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Board

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Prof, Oct 26, 2020.

Discuss The Board in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    * have left us right in the * now with their lack of investing in the squad this summer, if we lose this league it will be because of this month and the lack of investment to get us through to january.

seanm likes this.
  2. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Okey you tight * *. I want to be able to sit back, relax and smoke a cigarr and see you spend like you never spent before in jan.

seanm likes this.
  3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

For me it's more about time, the time it took to- punt Lennon, chase Howe and eventually get Ange in.. Sheer incompetence.. The actual influx of players and investment was probably about right, we brought in, what was it? 12 players..

Hart
    CCV
    Starfelt
    Juranovic
    Abada
    Kyogo
    Jota
    Scales

8 of them in particular looking like good investments.. So, for me not the lack of investment more the time it took to get Ange in to make the changes.. We have been playing catch up since.

4. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    12 players in sounds good, but they * or with how long it all took and the quality in depth they missed out on.
    Add to that, the woefully understaffed backroom departments. Not even caring right now about Ange bringing in his own staff any more, the guy seems happy with being a lone wolf in that sense, but we severely lack on recruitment, analysis and fitness/conditioning staff levels. Which, specially considering Ange is a lone wolf, is something this board and club should have been sorting out regardless. What did we do, a job for former pal, Anton McElhaney - one position. Well done Celtic.

Back to the players though, guys like ccv Giakoumakis and scales are all * questionable in how/when we got those deals done.
    Of those 3 only 1 is proving to be a good signing (loan), which we really could have done with a month earlier, back when the deal was first muted - ccv. Think what that would have done for the early season games.

Scales - added as one of the 12 as a number and a favour to Desmond's other interest.
    Giakoumakis - last seen getting a paper cut from a Christmas card and barely seen.

All three of those players were known to be chased weeks, months, before they eventually signed. Talk about dragging it out to seem like we was constantly doing business all window.

Ange called that * out, quite rightly.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

seanm and JC Anton like this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Over to you Michael

seanm and JC Anton like this.
  6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Treating every fan with contempt by not meeting the fans, after all we are repeatedly informed we're the most important people at the club.. Usually around the time of season ticket renewals..

I'm not a fan of the silent protest and I'm sure it's not easy for all the fans involved either, but it can easily be stopped by a bit of communication from the board..

Yet, another example of how powerless we are when it comes to the running of our football club, it has to change.

7. seanm

Tory * watch them do the square root of * in in the january window.GTF.HH

8. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    See all these protests and whatever? The board really couldn't care less. They ignore them like it's beneath their contempt. The fans wont get any victories because our board think like cold hearted business men. The only thing to ultimately suffer will be the team. All the protests affect them and let's be honest the board don't care about them either. They know as fans we are emotionally invested in buying season tickets therefore they have us where they want us. Protesting is like whistling in the wind.

9. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    There's no way of getting them out either. When all's said and done it's down to money. The only way to get rid of them is to withdraw support and starve them of money and they know that we wont do that. The club would literally have to be running at a loss and on it's knees before the fat cats walk away. If we don't sign these guys in the January window then the fix is in again. I'm a bit suspicious of the things happening now.

JC Anton and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  10. Sgt Neppers*

Nicholson is a Patsy for this board. Their buffer between them and the fans. He'll do what he's told and when he's told by DD and his disciples.

This was an easy fix for the board. Come out deny the rumour or go back to Higginson and say sorry, change of heart, thanks anyway. But no, silence and no breaking of rank. You can see their play a mile away. Hope Ange keeps pace until January, then drip a few of Ange's signings in, appease the fans, let the lack of games wash away the gathering of momentum in protests.

They're battening down the hatches currently, this is the Tory boards way. History has shown us with the club, we rarely learn from mistakes and trying situations and times.

The effort by all fans is great to see, and more importantly measured and appropriate. But, as long as fans by tickets and merchandise they will carry on regardless. Last summer was proof of this after last seasons omni shambles. These * need cleared out. A cancer on the club and its values.

This going to get worse for the club and everyone involved with it. Let's hope there is reason and compassion and a meeting is agreed this week. But I will not hold my breath.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

All they need to do is come out and say it’s not happening.

A simple phone call from someone.

but as you say I wouldn’t be holding my breath

12. G40B

It won’t get worse.

They had a similar protest to get rid of Lawwell. As we all know, he’s since slithered back in - with zero opposition from the support.

The board knows it can do whatever it wants.

13. Heb Celt

I take it the rumour of Higgins not taking the job and taking a post at UEFA last week had no truth to it.

14. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    The Board really need to engage with supporters, it's imperative there is communication, this war of attrition is not healthy for the club, it's certainly not good for the team on the park.

It shouldn't be about giving in or digging heels, it should be about treating the lifeblood of the club with respect and doing the right thing, the custodians acting in the best interest of the club.

15. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Their answer to that would be "Why would we? We make the decisions around here and we don't need to consult anyone" We need to accept that we don't have a voice and no matter how many protests, banners etc they couldn't care less!

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

That’s what to expect from a bunch of rats.

All it takes is a simple no it’s not happening and the protests will end.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  17. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    This thing "this war of attrition" is only a thing in our heads. All the board does is ignore all dissent or criticism. They simply don't feel the need to respond. They're businessmen and nothing else. We have to accept that all they feel for the fans is sheer contempt. They don't have our interests at heart because they're running the show.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  18. StevieBhoooy!

They know they will always sell the season tickets now… if they can sell 50k in the current climate… it’s assured. Stopping the flow of cash is the ONLY way… but of course… come May, principles will be put aside for the usual reasons.

Right now I’d like to see a complete fan boycott of merchandise.. that MIGHT make them think a bit. But again… it wouldn’t happen. The kits and hats and Christmas pressies will be bought and the cash flow will continue…. as will the contempt for supporters.

anyway.. enough … as this is a board thread thing really.. not match thread…. unless I can take my reply to there ?!?

Jeannie960 likes this.
  19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BERNARD HIGGINS will NOT be joining Celtic.

Hoops fans have been demonstrating their opposition about the potential appointment of the former police commander with a series of Protests

Higgins was thought to be in line for a senior role at Celtic.

At the recent club AGM chairman Ian Bankier refused to provide assurances that the club wouldn't appoint the top cop to a senior security role

However, it has now been confirmed that he WON'T be joining the Parkhead club when he retires from his role with the Police.

A spokesman for Mr Higgins said: "To address recent speculation, I can confirm that I will not be joining Celtic FC when I retire from the police on 31 December 2021."

20. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Dare I say those immortal words - "The Rebels have won"

Crilly and Noskeil like this.