1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

That's Kapo away

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Artur Boruc #1, Jan 19, 2011.

Discuss That's Kapo away in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. starky

peter lawell at it again... moving the goal posts.... terrible..

2. Heisenberg

He wasn't getting paid?

3. DanniGhirl

If the club had renegade on a signed deal then Kapo would be suing the club surely, not just posting a letter on his blog? This suggests the deal wasn't signed, still don't think it's right if the club has offered him a third of the wages they were originally offering but I don't think they have went back on a signed deal as that would have just left them open to litigation.

4. Artur Boruc #1

Nope.

5. Heisenberg

Snd.

6. SloBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Wasn't the deal on a trial basis for the first three months and then the club could decide to keep him or not or maybe both parties had the option to cancel the deal?

The way I understand is that he signed that deal under which all the terms were agreed upon in case the club were satisfied with him. And after the three months the club offered him terms different to those already agreed upon, so instead of signing another deal, he decided to take up the option from the first deal and leave after three months. I suppose Celtic gave him a take it or leave it deal, so technically I don't think there was any breach from Celtic that would leave them open to litigation.

7. GIBBY THE TIM

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny Mcgrain/Roy Aitken/HENRIK
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 leaf clover/Hail Hail/
    Why are so many fans quick to lambast the celtic board over something a player who was basically on trial says on a blog or whatever why not wait and see what celtic themselves have to say on this matter as i am sure we are not hearing the full story or truth from kapo and there is 2 sides to this story so lets wait and see what celtic say about this.

8. pokerbhoy74

No he had a signed deal but we had a option to end it in January, seems to me that the club tried to renegotiate his agreed wage down when this period came, the player obviously would not be too happy about this so the club has probably just said "Ok we will exercise our option to end the deal then", in that situation the player has no come back, shame really as he looked as though he could have done a job for us but hopefully this may provide a glimmer of hope in the first team picture for Graham Carey who has came back from his loan period.

9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Yeah, we need to hear Celtic's take on the matter :50:

10. Artur Boruc #1

Tony Hamilton will be on it as we speak no doubt :rolleyes:

11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

If what isn't penny pinching?

A dodgy translation from a dodgy source about a dodgy player with a dodgy past of dodgy dealings and dodgy comments in the press?

:56:

12. H88per

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooper & Emilio
    Oh well that's a shame really. Thought he was inpactful the few times he did play.

Tbh though... Not seriously fussed as we have loads of options.

13. Artur Boruc #1

*clap clap clap*

14. CelticFC1967

Celtic are quick to ask players to honour contracts when it suits the club - when the shoes on the other foot and the players asking for his contract agreement to be honoured Celtic quite often shift the goalposts.

15. DanniGhirl

So if at the end of the 3 month period the club has said we're still not sure you've done enough to merit the deal but instead of pulling out altogether as we are entitled to do we will offer you X instead of Y, the player said no as was his right, then it's no big deal - agreement couldn't be reached, player leaves.

16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I'm glad we're in agreement.

Now we can start commenting on facts rather than tabloid articles, blog posts, tweets, facebook, bebo and MySpace updates, Wikipedia pages and all the other random meaningless *.

17. Heisenberg

Thats what I was thinking aswell Danni, good post:50:

18. Artur Boruc #1

We're not in agreement in the slightest, my post obviously went right over your head.

19. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

My apologies, I thought with your patronising attempt at a wind up you were admitting you were wrong to lambast the board based on nothing but a poor excuse for a translation lifted from an internet blog.

Are you going to expand on your opinion that the PLC are 'penny pinching' because Olivier Kapo says so?

20. Markybhoy

Sounds pretty close to the mark to me. :50: