1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

That's Kapo away

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Artur Boruc #1, Jan 19, 2011.

Discuss That's Kapo away in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Artur Boruc #1

Je tenais à vous informer de ma décision de quitter le Celtic Football Club. Ce n’est ni un caprice, ni un coup de tête. C’est pourquoi j’éprouve aujourd’hui le besoin d’en expliquer les raisons, en toute transparence.
    Le 4 novembre 2010, lorsque je m’engage avec les Boys, j’ai dans les mains un contrat qui me lie au club jusqu’en 2012 avec une période probatoire de 3 mois. Durant cette dernière, je n’exige aucun salaire. Ma seule et unique préoccupation est de retrouver mes sensations, le plaisir de jouer. Le coach, Neil LENNON, me titularise. On salue mes prestations, mon investissement dans le groupe. Un engagement moral est alors pris par la direction sportive du club. Ma période d’essai sera convertie, comme prévu, en un contrat d’1,5 ans. Je cherche un appartement pour que ma famille me rejoigne, une école pour mes enfants. Mon avenir est aux Celtic.

Le 11 janvier, coup de théâtre. La direction exécutive me convoque et m’annonce un réaménagement de mon contrat avec une rémunération divisée par 3 (par rapport au contrat initial) et qui n’expire plus qu’au 30 juin 2011. Position officiellement motivée par un “manque de recul“ lié aux reports consécutifs de 4 matches (dûs aux intempéries) et à une indisponibilité de 2 semaines (pointe à la cuisse) fin décembre, dont je suis totalement remis.

Je ne comprends toujours pas ce revirement soudain de situation. Je ressens une profonde injustice alors même que le staff technique souhaite me conserver. Ainsi, et malgré l’insistance de Neil LENNON et du staff technique, je n’ai pas souhaité rester plus longtemps dans un contexte où manifestement, un jeune entraîneur pourtant fort d’une grande expérience de joueur, n’est pas en mesure d’imposer ses choix à la direction exécutive et financière. Je ne peux et je ne veux pas être considéré comme une simple variable d’ajustement comptable.

Mon implication dans ce club a été totale, j’ai retrouvé mon meilleur niveau physique mais malheureusement mon aventure aux Celtic Glasgow s’arrête ici. Je souhaite remercier l’ensemble des personnels du club, les supporters et mes coéquipiers pour leur accueil chaleureux et pour leur accompagnement durant 3 mois. Je leur adresse mes vœux de réussite et communiquerai prochainement au sujet de mon avenir professionnel.
    Olivier Kapo

Source Added

http://zebwe.com/

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2011
  2. TAB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    In English in case it doesn't automatically translate for others:

I wanted to inform you of my decision to leave Celtic Football Club. This is not a caprice or a whim. That is why today I feel the need to explain why, in all transparency.
    On November 4, 2010, when I undertake with the Boys, I am holding a contract that binds me to the club until 2012 with a probationary period of three months. During the latter, I require no pay. My one and only dr éoccupation is to regain my senses, the pleasure of playing. The coach, Neil Lennon, my tenure. We salute my benefits, my investment in the group. Moral commitment is then made by the sports management club. My trial period will be converted, as pr EVU, in a contract of 1, 5 years. I am looking for an apartment for my family to join me, a school for my children. My future is with Celtic.

January 11, twist. Executive management calls me and tells me an upgrade of my contract with a salary divided by 3 (from the original contract) and that expires more than 30 June 2011. Official position motivated by a "lack of experience" tied to reports of four consecutive games (due to weather) and a downtime of 2 weeks (peak in the thigh) in late December, I am fully recovered.

I still do not understand this sudden change of situation. I feel a deep injustice even though the coaching staff wants me to keep. Thus, despite the insistence of Neil Lennon and technical staff, I did not want to stay longer in a situation where obviously a young coach, however, a very experienced player, is not able impose his choice of executive direction and financial management. I can not and I do not want to be seen simply as a variable accounting adjustment.

My involvement in this club was full, I found my best physically but unfortunately my adventure ends here at Celtic. I wish to thank all staff of the club, the fans and my teammates for their warm welcome and for their support for 3 months. I extend my best wishes for success and communicate soon about my professional future.
    Olivier Kapo

Edit: It's not the best translation to be honest.

3. steve86

maybe a link for english would be helpfull

4. TheZacDaddy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony!
  5. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    :54:could have been great for us .

6. Bellbhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Got a feeling this could be a load of BS.. The bit about the inexperienced manager arouses suspicion.

7. The Celtbot

Interesting. My french is ok, so I could sort of get the gist of it, I'd like to here what Celtic has to say about kapo's comments.

8. Artur Boruc #1

The PLC at their penny pinching best again, surprise surprise.

9. TAB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    It seems none of the rags have picked up on this departure mate, where did you get this from?

10. Scarecrow

not too fussed tbh.

11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
  12. LB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Hooper ,All Time -"Jinky"
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic song
    Closed Until a link is provided

13. LB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Hooper ,All Time -"Jinky"
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic song
    Thread Open again ..Link provided ...Cheers Jack & Declan :50:....Just remember to post the link with the 1st post next time Jack ,,saves me a Job :icon_mrgreen::50:

14. SuperNick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson / McStay / Pierre Van Hooijdonk / Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Coming home
    not too fussed. But I hate it when players only make a couple of appearances. Pointless.

"oh he played for celtic" "did he really?!, Wow. How many games?" "two!".

We should at least get to see him more

15. Artur Boruc #1

Will do mate :celt_2:

16. Airdrie Onion

Wondering about my hole getting mustarded
  17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Don't really know why we bothered signing him tbh.

18. Col

He looked decent in that first game he came on, he deserves a chance I think.

19. MartinR

Did he not only play 25 mins of a game lol thought he would of done well in the team but awell

20. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

What?