1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Terrible Recruitment

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by G_portillo, Aug 13, 2019.

Discuss Terrible Recruitment in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    We didn’t spend £5.5m on Jozo it was £3m
    We didn’t spend £2.25m on Musonda Rodgers dismissed that out of hand.

He clearly wanted Musonda until he found out he wasn’t all he was cracked up to be and made Mikey Johnstone look like HulK Hogan next to him

2. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Imo if you have taken in £55m on Dembele, Tierney and Rodgers since 30th August 2018 you are entitled to have a minimum £30m reinvested of that! We have reinvested £15m of it

Solidsnake likes this.
  3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Rodger confirmed Bayo and Shved where “club signings”

MickeyyMack likes this.
  4. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

if were buying in players that the manager hasnt picked or does not rate thats incompetent practice

but weve seen this for years happen abroad it seem to be the way things are going in football

but still lawell may sign these guys but its wasted money if your coach wont play them and we let them go a year or 2 later for a much reduced price and or for free after all the wages weve paid them

i fail to see the upside of that

unless were going to yes man as manager who will play the guys lawell signs for him, just whats the point thats how we end up with a squad bloated with * like we have had for years now

lawell needs a good kick in the baws for all thse squad filling * signings when we could have had less signings but much more expensive quality signings that would have pushed to be in the team and help us to get to another level

as i said its not a new thing these signings not been picked by the manager

lawells busy playing football manager and transfering his digital skills to the real transfer market at celtic the *

MickeyyMack likes this.
  5. Solidsnake

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    everyone gets caught up with the money spent and figures. i couldnt give a * really. if celtic think they can do business buying cheap and selling high, crack on. sounds good to me.

i however care about progression. there must be a means to an end. surely the ultimate aim of any football club is to improve year after year. i just dont see it at celtic. it takes an event like the shitshow ronny deila delivered to make things happen. * about and * about and boom an unforgivable result and fingers were removed from their arses. the rat. the fench rat of a striker, sinclair etc.

this isnt one of they events though. this is routine ffs. nothings to happen. going to be pure pish. i cant see the ten happening. the board seem to be doing everything they can to throw hurdles in our path. give the celtic fans what they deserve.

6. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We once built a team with players that had something to prove because they fell by the wayside at big clubs but we knew they had quality, mixed in with experienced internationals from good Euro nations that qualified for World Cups and Euro Championships.

Now all we focus on is youth, solely youth. Players that come here with the intent of advertising themselves in the UK, closer to EPL scouts and the potential of CL football.

As much as the youth model is great model for making coin, that still doesn’t mean we can’t go out and identify at least two very good, experienced players that still have a point to prove, even if it costs 70k a week per player.

I still don’t understand why folk believe we can’t pay that for two ‘star’ experienced footballers. Sacrifice a bit of squad depth to accommodate. We’ve brought through Mikey, Cal, KT, Jamesy and in the not too distant future Karamoko. We can identify the youth early to cover squad depth.

We should have targeted an experienced CB and paid the money and a Scott Brown type, even in the 27-28 age bracket.

The defence needs maturity and the midfield needs more dig that can help phase Broony down and give rest time without the first 11 sacrificing his style.

For me that would be the key recruitment areas.

Yeah, we need fullbacks, looks like we struck gold at RB already and need another for cover. We need another LB but I don’t think we need to pay top wage in those positions. The spine of the team is key, we need more leaders, more experience and proven quality to supplement all our developing talent.

7. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Peter Lawell is a guy who fights over every last penny when selling players and trying to raise money for Celtic who are a club where every penny counts due to the pitiful amount of money we are giving by SKY/BT Sport in comparison to other countries. Which is why I find it incredible that he sits and watches £5 million (including wages) being blown on a player like Boli mbombo, its utter madness. Something has to be seriously done about who is scouting our players. Boli is just one of a long list of players that we have blown large sums of money on. Money that we work our arses off to make, its painful to watch as its throw away on very poor player recruitment.

davidhannah likes this.