1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tam Rogic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Heisenberg, Jan 17, 2013.

Discuss Tam Rogic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Amazing player. Bowed out in style.

Real pity that shot came back off the post. Still had an outstanding game today.

Rydo1888* and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  2. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

* bless you tam and that glorious high fade

ladbroke8 likes this.
  3. Keano88

Has written himself into our history books with the Invincible Treble winning goal, as well as being part of the 9IAR and Quadruple Treble squad.

Farewell big Tam you will be missed :shamrock:

eire4 likes this.
  4. oh bhoy

Bowed out in style he was fantastic this season

eire4 and Sydneysider like this.
  5. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    With a year left on his deal, surely we're getting a fee.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  6. jambo_cfc

Biggest memory of football i have is me and my dad celebrating the rogic goal against aberdeen for the first treble! No one can ever repalace that memory and i thank tom so much to have that ! Good luck legend​

7. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

same for me with my dad mate... i can remember that day down to a T .... i Will cherish that day for the rest of my days aswell as many other celtic fans :biggrin:

bagforlife likes this.
  8. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Big sexy silky *.

Im glad he has went out on a high with us. Still only 29. Hes been massive for us and given us some really magic moments. Id written him off a season ago, but he made a big resurgence and reminded everyone what he can do. And hes been deadly again Rangers over the years.

In a weird kinda way I dont feel like he reached his potential with us, but still what a player he was on his day. The only real area I feel he fell short was in europe.

Nothing but the best for big Tam.

9. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Armstrong achieved a level of consistency that Rogic has never been able to manage. Ther was one particular season Armstrong was a standout.
    TR has given us more moments of magic.

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    Not even close to coming to terms with Tommy leaving. Love the big man.

[​IMG]

G_portillo likes this.
  12. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    Do Celtic have a policy of only hiring handsome * or what?

13. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Continued success big man, will be forever remembered for the magical moments you gave us over the years.

eire4 likes this.
  14. Sgt Neppers*

Be a sad day when this thread goes to ex-players section.

Cheers for everything big man. Always welcome back. All the best for the rest of your career. :shamrock:

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

There’s a moment that every Celtic fan holds close from Tom Rogic’s nine-and-a-half years and then there’s the moment.

To pick your standout moment, there are more than a handful to choose from. Last-minute goals, derby strikes, and moments of individual skill all feature on the list but in the end, there is always only one to pick.

It was the time when the Australian became an immortal, when he would never have to buy a drink in the East End of Glasgow again, when he wrote his name into folklore.

As he drew his time in the Hoops to a close with the title celebrations on Saturday, it offered the chance for Rogic to reflect on his memorable moments, and as expected it was that Scottish Cup, Invincible clinching goal against Aberdeen in 2017 that brought back the fondest memories.

Speaking exclusively to Celtic TV for the final time, he said: “I’m very fortunate that I’ve had great times here and I would say that the opportunity to play week-in, week-out at Celtic Park is something I won’t take for granted.

“The atmosphere in particular on Champions League nights and derby matches were so special.

“In terms of moments, the Scottish Cup final one sticks out as one moment but the number of derby goals and last-minute winners that I can look back on as key moments, I will miss everything.

“That season in particular, unbeaten all season, going for the treble which hadn’t been done in some years, to finish it off in that manner in the last minute was special.

“As a season as a whole it was an incredible one for the club and it’s very special.”

Joining as a 20-year-old in January, 2013, Rogic has spent his life in Glasgow, developing into the country’s most cultured and spell-binding player over that period.

Ending his association that spanned 16 trophies, more than 270 appearances and 46 goals with a title under his belt was the perfect way to finish.

Those title moments and the relationship with the supporters made the decision to leave all that more difficult, but it’s one that he looks back on with immense pride.

He added: “It’s not a decision that was taken lightly. It’s been an enormous part of my life for such a long period.

“I can only say good things about the club and my experiences here were incredible and I feel very fortunate to have been at the club for such a successful period as well.

“The period over the nine-and-a-half years, there has been a lot of success.

“You fast-forward to where we are now and the success we’ve had this season, needing to win the title back, the manner in which we’ve done it, the football that we’ve played, it’s as rewarding a season as I can remember.

“I did feel it was important for me to go out on a high and leave as a champion after all the success here. It’s another great season to have here.

“It’s been a special ride and I’ve been fortunate to experience so many great memories at Celtic Park and with the travelling fans.

“It’s something I’ll reflect upon with great pride and I’m sure I’ll tell my kids and grandkids about it.”

Last edited: May 17, 2022
  16. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I'm not emotionally ready to watch that.

17. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    After watching that it boggles me that someone will play lower league EPL football for a lot more money and achieve nothing, where as Rogic earned a lot less but played in front of 60,000 each week, won 16 trophies and will be adored as a legend..To me, that's a much better deal than just playing for the money.

18. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    So very true and even from the money standpoint he still did well.

Sydneysider and NakamuraTastic like this.
  19. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    And success brings in sponsorship deals in the UK and Australia so he probably didn't do too bad..and fair play to him.

Sydneysider and eire4 like this.
  20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member