1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tam Rogic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Heisenberg, Jan 17, 2013.

Discuss Tam Rogic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He’s not Maradona for * sake.

Marty McFly and Xatraps like this.
  2. Lewis Kerr

Under Lennon, Tam always seems to be the fall guy.

People go on about the "press" and "energy" but forget that we were playing like a bunch of cowards lacking in energy for most of this season.

Tam got brought in from the cold and instantly became our best creator setting up loads of goals and chances. The team was in turmoil though, and despite being our bright spark for a few games was dropped again.

Now that we've found a bit of form with Soro and Turnbull it's Tam out in the cold again. Christie is undroppable, McGregor is undroppable, Brown was undroppable until recently. They've had countless poor performances over the season but never get frozen out the same way Tam does.

Far too underused.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

When was the last time he lasted 90 minutes.

4. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Doesn't bother me that he can't last 90 mins, what he does for 60/70 mins no one else in our squad really comes close to in terms of creativity & technical ability in possession, plus we have lots of players to replace him with in the 10 role after he tires.

Smithy and The Phoenix like this.
  5. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Spot on, thank * Tam didn't get sold & will outlast Lenny beyond this season regardless of what happens in the league, hopefully the next manager will appreciate his talent like Brendan once did, far too good for the bench.

The Phoenix likes this.
  6. Lewis Kerr

He's started 7 games all season out of the 21 where he has been available. Been fit since 19th September vs Livingston.

In the games he has started these are his minutes played: 86, 90, 84, 87, 84, 67 and 68.

That's basically 5 full games if we aren't being pedantic. But the full 90 was in the home defeat vs Sparta.

As I said, criminally underused

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    RogicHasMagicToes likes this.
  7. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Tam has to start on Saturday instead of Christie.

8. Big C

That won’t happen, not a chance. For all that I’m not Christie’s biggest fan, we need his energy and running. I think he has a part to play as the game evolves but definitely not from the start.

ladbroke8 likes this.
  9. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Players being undroppable regardless of their form is Lenny's worst managerial trait amongst many, it's why we got into the mess we did this season, no one should be undroppable if their form drops, regardless of their stature/status at the club, whether their captain or vice captain or even a personal favorite of the manager i.e Forrest with Lenny. As you say Brown was undroppable even though it would have been clear to Lenny every day in training that Soro was superior to him, that's such weak management to have allowed Brown to continue to start ahead of Soro for so long, as you say Christie & CalMac are also undroppable under him, same as Forrest when he's fit, players being undroppable creates complacency which has also resulted in so many players struggling to get a look in, only made some big changes i.e dropping Brown when things reached crisis point, squad management absolutely abysmal.

10. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Turnbull, Soro & CalMac would do plenty running behind Rogic, Eddy & Griffiths.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  11. Big C

Whatever your thoughts or my thoughts are this is not happening on Saturday.

ladbroke8 likes this.
  12. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    That's cause Lenny is incompetent, nothing to do with the fact that Rogic shouldn't be starting.

13. Big C

In you ur eyes mate.

14. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Do you think Christie would add more to the starting 11 than Rogic on Saturday?

15. Big C

The Huns biggest threat to us is their full backs, Christie should be able to nullify one of them. Make no mistake Rogic is a very good player, all I’m saying is he won’t start on Saturday.

16. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    You don't think Turnbull could nullify them too (he was entrusted with defensive duties at Motherwell as a CM so he must have them) whilst still getting Rogic on the pitch? Turnbull would still be joining the attack plenty times when we're in possession, not as if he won't be able to impose his offensive game from that position as well.

17. Big C

Ok let me make this clear - Rogic is not starting on Saturday!!! No matter how you would like to change a winning formula. Get over it mate and get behind NL and the squad for Saturday.

18. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Wouldn't have him near the starting 11.

I'd rather know what I'm getting from the starting 11, which we do right now. Rather than a chap who might have one or two good touches in the 55 mins he lasts.

Him, Brown & Ntcham combined offer about as much energy and dynamism as one player these days. The work ethic of McGregor, Soro, Christie & Turnbull dwarfs any potential contribution they might make. Keep the same midfield.

JML67 likes this.
  19. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    It's close though.

20. Lewis Kerr

Utter nonsense man