1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tam Rogic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Heisenberg, Jan 17, 2013.

Discuss Tam Rogic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    Be
    Because 7m might be huge to us but to some teams its not. a gamble worth taking potentially.

West ham give jack wilshere a 3 year contract worth well over 7m and is injury record is alot worse than Rogic.

An example involving us is Arsenal give us 25m for KT while he was injured and had some question marks in that reguard.

Maybe not injurys but to highlight my point Southamption give us 7m for Armstrong when 6 months later they could have signed him for free.

The value of 7m can differ from club to club

I dont personally think a club will offer it but id not be surprised either. On his day hes in top 3 players at the club as being naturally gifted

2. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I agree he is brilliant when fully fit and on form. I said on here recently he is by far our most creative midfielder which makes it all the more disappointing that he spent the last two seasons injured or disappearing off to the other side of the world to play * Tonga or some other pointless *. Its beyond a joke now.

3. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    So would u have him retire from international duty?

4. MAP

dbhoy72 likes this.
  5. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

7 million is buttons for Rogic. He would probably have his choice of league. Although not saying any team. Perfect for an Everton or a decent Serie A side.

6. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Anyone who would rather he moves on is having a laugh.

7. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Those stars are misleading. After injuries he takes ages to get to his best, he needs a long run of games but Celtic had Ntcham and Christie who were usually fit and playing well.

8. MAP

I don't disagree that he needs time to get going.

I am not sure how the stats are misleading. What they do seem to show is that he wasn't given many minutes, which is why I made the comment re Lennon.

I've always thought Lennon could have rotated the squad more than he did last season, and Rogic would have been a beneficiary of that.

9. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Agree, sure he was signed during Lennys first time around but felt he would have left as not getting a look in and thinking it could be happening again.

Think Lenny prefers guys running like mad men than technical ability.

10. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

I would build a team around a regularly fully fit Rogic.

dbhoy72 and Account Deactivated like this.
  11. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    I don’t think Lennon fancies Rogic in general. He didn’t get many games in Lennon’s first spell here (granted he signed him). He became a pivotal part of the team under Ronny and then Rodgers. Then since Lennon has been back, it’s been relatively limited game time for him.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  12. Lewis Kerr

Agreed, obvious to me that Lenny doesn't fancy him. It's frustrating, I miss the *. Gives us such a different attacking option, links the play wonderfully better than anyone else we've got.

The67Sound and Ciaran_67 like this.
  13. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

In Lenny’s first spell Rogic had a few wee injuries then sent him on loan to Australia where he done good then came back when Ronny took over. He was still young at the time and to be fair to Lenny we either played 2 up top or had Commons/Johansen as the no.10.

A fully fit Rogic will get game time this season but it’s obvious Lenny wants more pace and energy in the middle.

14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Needs to play regularly to get up to full speed, he won't play regularly though so will never get up to speed with us. Christie and Ntcham both before him in the pecking order and when we revert to 3-5-2 he could have Ellyounoussi, MJ, Forrest and even Dembele to contend with for the no10.

If gets a chance he will need to seize it.

15. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Yes, the exact player we need when playing against packed defences. His goal under Ronny at Rugby Park a few years back is exactly the type of magic I was looking for last Sunday. He’s got the talent to come up with something special as well as being able to link the play.

16. dmac

Can be a delight to watch going forward has a great talent for picking a pass or scoring from outside the box defensively he is like a man down if someone offered a reasonable fee I think Celtic would take it he doesn't seem to be in the 1st team plans

17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    If we are playing 1 up top, rogic is vital I'm that number ten role. For me no one better in the league to play in there.

If we play 2 up top on a 352, then that midfield 3rd option for me could be someone with a bit more box to box, McGregor of Christie better suited.
    Preferably, and I love brown, but a 352 of rather see McGregor, Christie and ntcham playing in there.

Brown, McGregor/Christie with rogic in a 4231

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  18. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I still have high hopes that once we are fully underway with this season that we will see just how good Rogic is for us again. A fully fit Rogic would not just be a joy to watch but would be a massive boost for the team. I really hope we are not even thinking of selling him as we will face a massive game load this season again most likely and we need really at least 15-20 players that are all starter quality and Rogic obviously is very much in that category.

packybhoy and Lewis Kerr like this.
  19. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Perhaps the ideal world is the one where you manage to get McGregor, Ntcham, Christie and Rogic into the same team. If we’re not playing 3-5-2 then is 3-5-1-1 an option?

Forrest
    Ntcham
    Christie
    McGregor
    Elyonoussi

Rogic

Edouard

20. Lewis Kerr

That team would score about 8 each game :57:

Don't think Rogic can play in a 3-5-2, but if we ever rotate to 4-2-3-1 he simply has to play imo.