1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tam Rogic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Heisenberg, Jan 17, 2013.

Discuss Tam Rogic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Regularly posted missing in Europe.

He was great for us in the early Rodgers days but he's just becoming less and less effective (and available) every season. 2 goals and 4 assists so far this season. 5 goals and 6 assists last season.

Went from being an absolute hero and one of our best players to someone who we realistically could sell and wouldn't really miss a whole lot.

2. James Gold Member Gold Member

He was decent but is absolutely lost in a 352 but the fact that Lennon thought it would work is even more baffling.

3. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    he's becoming a running joke now, how can a professional football player not play a consistant 90 minutes at least once a week, he was gassed by the 60th minute. cost us the game by not subbing him cause that ball he lost for the second goal was ridiculous.

4. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Lets hope Mark is right about a mid table Bundesliga wanting him (talk about misinformed lol), because he is surplus to requirements here. He's averaging a goal every 4.8 games, and an assist every 4.6 games in the SPFL, he's barely doing it in the league, never mind in Europe.

40 games in European competition, 3 goals (Linfield, Astana, Beer Sheva) and 4 assists. He has never scored in the Europa League or Champions League in all of his 1311 minutes of football, and only 1 assist (Man City). It's not through a lack of trying, just a lack of fitness/pace/quality/confidence. If Lennon is here next season I can't see Rogic being here. He wasn't the worst player tonight, but it did confirm that if he can't perform in Europe now at 27 against Copenhagen at home then it's never going to happen.

5. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Seriously trying to say he cost us the * game? He was still chasing the ball down and winning it late on and trying to create things, he was far from the issue tonight. * up for their 2nd aye but that was at the halfway line, defence were as much at fault for that.

6. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    it was a ball he never should have gave away, all he had to do was control it and keep possesion and calm the game down, instead he put it into the middle of nowhere allowing Copenhagen to break on us thus putting the defence in a vulnerable position so yes that moment ended any chance we had, if he thought for 1 second he couldnt control it then he should have put it out the park for a throw in. I like the guy but 90% of the time he does his best work as an impact sub.

7. MAP

Just for you, from the Daily Record ... :84:

"It's easy to forget how long it's been since Rogic was a mainstay in green and white but those days may be coming back around for the Wizard of Oz. A combination of injuries and the emergence of Ryan Christie as a No.10 have left the 26-year-old on the outside looking in. But this was the player who gave Pep Guardiola and Man City fits who the Danes had to deal with. Rogic was razor sharp from the first whistle and boss Lennon was loving his contribution. The Irishman was cheering louder with every passing moment of inspiration. But what was most impressive was his determination to get involved in the dirtier side of the game. The playmaker won as many tackles as Brown and McGregor combined in the first half. But it was attacking verve and swagger that had the crowd on their feet. His magical ball for Edouard at the end of half deserved better. Rogic at it again in the second period and was the one player who looked capable of unlocking Copenhagen. A sobering night but Celtic finally have their key man fit and firing again."

dbhoy72 likes this.
  8. DonnyCelt

He's either an absolute genius or an absolute joke.

9. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    * up for the goal but was one off the better players I thought along with taylor

Lewis Kerr, Rydo1888*, steg and 3 others like this.
  10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Some amount of absolute * pish being spouted in this thread. He was one of our better players tonight.

Rydo1888*, steg, Ciaran_67 and 7 others like this.
  11. Pearse67*

Definitely was oNe of the better players tonight, great ball to edouard which he shouldve buried.

12. Venomspawn82

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    I just looked into this thread and wow...some amount of pish. One of the better players last night.

shaunbhoy67 likes this.
  13. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    It’s the part of the game though could look good all night but do one stupid like really really stupid thing and it just pishes that all away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Everyone was giving the ball away constantly last night, even Eddy. Jozo could of put it out for a throw but no he * up the back pass. Rogic tried to control a very hard ball from a clearance but then they’ve still got 40 yards to go, Ajer totally switches off and leaves his man with 10 yards of space, 3rd goal just cue the Benny Hill music for shocking defending by Jozo and Ajer. To blame Rogic on losing the match is * daft.

steg and JML67 like this.
  15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Just a real noticeable lack of mobility when he's in the middle against a team of anyone quality..

He did show moments but ultimately no enough for me..

I'm his defence he should've had more game time before being put in for 90 minutes of a game like this..

G_portillo, Morcombe and steg like this.
  16. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    I thought he was one of the few to get pass marks last night .

Callum McGregor likes this.
  17. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I think we really need to look at the Rogic situation in the summer. If i were the manager id try to move him on.

As great a player he can be on his day, he has always had fitness issues and the emergence of ntcham and christie in the 10 position has really put his place in the team in question.

he will also be on good money which would be freed up by his sale.

18. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Think it will be one of him or Nicham out the door, if Nicham forces a move, can see Tam staying another season.
    Its like he needs game time to get back up to speed and he does seem to be getting there.
    That said, always seems to break down anytime he gets a run.
    I would start him Sunday, alongside CMcG and Christie.

19. BrisbaneBhoy

This.

-----------
    Side Note:
    If he was to be sold in the summer, what sort of coin would we get for him??

Morcombe likes this.
  20. SkyeCelt

Armstrong went for 7 million . However, Rogic's stock is pretty low so I'm guessing less than that. 5 or 6 million maybe.