1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

TalkCeltic CD

Discussion in 'Helpdesk' started by Mark, Jul 19, 2004.

Discuss TalkCeltic CD in the Helpdesk area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mark

We are planning on making a TalkCeltic CD to help pay for the flag that we will be getting made soon. As the cost of the flag will be close to £100, we thought instead of just receiving donations, site users could get something for themselves whilst helping get the flag paid for.

We need you guys to tell us your favourite Celtic and Irish songs so we can make a CD people will really want to buy. We aim to have around 10-15 songs on the CD and charge around £10. Any further sales from the CD after we reach pay for the flag, will go towards the site and anything else that would improve our site's quality.

Thank you! :icon_mrgr

2. Dubsbhoy Banned!

"walk away, walk away, walk away, walk awaaay" not sure if this song even exists i heard it (or think i did) at the last OF in CP, goes to the same tune of "martin o neill, martin o neill" well nearly.

1. did i manafacture this song in my head
    2. i'd pay 15 quid for it on its own cos it's frustrating me at this stage.

anyone i've asked about the song look at me like i should be wearing a straight jacket but i swear on a huns life i heard it.

anybody???????????

3. Dubsbhoy Banned!

if your going ahead with the flag your gonna need a logo or site mascot designed i read somewhere you were updating the site logo so maybe you could use that for the flag, i seeing a brillent one think it was by jaradthescot and his matchstick men.

this is the dubs one we came up with for resevoir dubs minus the arseboxing bit. it's a simple design but really stands out in the crowd.

[​IMG]

i think this cost 200 quid but we got a sponsor for it and its big enough too.

4. Mark

Woah that looks really cool man. I must say I was thinking of getting a logo and funny you mention the matchstick thing with jarad. We could do the matchstick man or men and TalkCeltic - Talk the Celtic way! somewhere..

I'm gonna make a copy of your post in the 'Just an Idea' thread to allow others to comment and possibly come up with a logo.

For now people, keep this post to do with the CD and the flag in the 'Just an Idea' thread. Thanks people!

5. larsson97_04

Fav Celtic Player:
    Maloney, JVOH
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    is there any more news on this CD?

6. charliebhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    i have sent mark a quality cd that i have made myself but still no news.
    whats going on mark?
    :icon_sad:

7. larsson97_04

Fav Celtic Player:
    Maloney, JVOH
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Could you send me the CD?
    then i could make the copies if Mark wants me to?

8. charliebhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    i sent it to mark and he told me he left it in his cousins car, i did him a favour by sending it to him because i sell alot of them on ebay and never charged him.
    maybe i should have and then he would have appreciated it more
    NO MORE FREEBIES
    :icon_evil :icon_evil :icon_evil :icon_evil :icon_evil :icon_evil :icon_evil :icon_evil :icon_evil :icon_evil

9. larsson97_04

Fav Celtic Player:
    Maloney, JVOH
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    thats a shame..........

Go on give me a free CD :D

10. Mark

I've got the CDs here although no blanks right now. I will be making copies this week though.

Charliebhoy - sorry about all this delay. I've not been on the site too much over the past few weeks as many folk will have seen because of work and college and some other stuff. I barely get time to update anything on the site. Sorry if I annoyed you with the delaying and not replying but I really have been busy and some things need to take a backseat.

Really sorry again everyone. I will get something done as soon as I can.

11. Dubsbhoy Banned!

Don't think charliebhoy has been around in a long time probably not since the above post.

To be honest there have been 3/4 money making plans (gold membership, CD, T shirts) none of them have got a great response and considering all the money is going back into the site it's a shame.

I said somewhere else i'm working on getting a TC flag made up through the job and thats still ongoing altough the good news is we got 2 machines last week so i hope to be hiring someone soon to make flags but by the time the flag is made it might be after Xmas. When the process of making it comes along i'll get ideas from people off the site when it's made i'll send it up to CM.

But we still should put out the CD to generate funds for the site and make it the no.1 CFC site.

12. Mark

Yeah dubs we're trying to explore all routes of making some money for the site and the banner. Some people are helping out quite a bit and we all really appreciate it. We'll keep trying though. Myself and CM have been doing a bit of talking on the banner and we said we will re-start a post on it after Xmas time and take it from there - but we all want it quite a bit.

There's no rush in a banner at the moment dubs so don't worry about it at all mate. Once we're into the new year we're going to go from there.

13. have you worked out how much the banner will cost and what it will say on it, yet?!
    i didn't know anything bout this so you're better off starting a new thread that will be noticed.

there are only 5 gold members and so you will onlym have made £25 out of that might be &30 if i decide to become a gold member, but people might buy the cd, think that should be around £13 and if you put about 18 songs on people will buy it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2004
  14. Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2004
  15. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

16. that's good!

17. charliebhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    mark perhaps i shouldnt have been so hasty

apology accepted and im glad im back on the best celtic site on the net

BHOYS and GHIRLS the cd i sent to mark was cracking and i sell them for alot more than these bhoys want for them so dont miss out when this cd is finally available it will be nothing but class i promise

HAIL HAIL

18. when's the cd available?

19. charliebhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    i am currently in talks with mark on how we should go about selling this cd.

so hopefully in the near future

20. Mark

Yeah there are plans for the CD which I hope will be coming into force very shortly.