1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Take the knee

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by The Prof, Feb 7, 2021.

Discuss Take the knee in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Tom English wrote about this and there are quotes from the sru. I also don’t believe it has been done in any of the recent rugby games either. For whatever reason.

2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Tom English made a very poor attempt at backing them up where he would have absolutely destroyed Celtic or any other football team had they done the same.

There has still been zero clarity over it, suggesting it was just a ‘slapstick comedy mistake’ doesn’t wash I’m afraid.

3. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Ok, well we can go for “private school middle class” then, as an assumption for why.

literally just highlighting what I had read (after looking into it because I also want to know) and stating an opinion, but lesson learned.

4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I stated my opinion was an assumption, if you read my post.

As I say, the SRU must provide clarity and calling it a jokey mistake isn’t going to cut the mustard about such a sensitive concurrent global issue.

5. Aidan O’Shea

No issue with someone taking the knee. No issue with someone not taking the knee.

Forcing people to do it is counter-productive and the whole thing has turned into a bit of a farce.

Seán Mac D, Gully Sands and KRS-1888 like this.