1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Szymon Włodarczyk

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Danny88, Jan 12, 2023.

Discuss Szymon Włodarczyk in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    No raging. Just don't think he looks anywhere near good enough to be fighting it out with Kyogo..

As a third option? Maybe but he looks once paced, couple of neat touches but a fair few clumsy and just a bit meh overall as loads of us (myself included) wanted Cho..

Last edited: Jan 13, 2023
  2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Someone asked it above but I'm a bit wary of Legia Warsaw letting him go like 6 months ago if he really is that good...doesn't make sense.

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Don't like the look of this guy or Almasi.

Really hope we're not after either of them.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  4. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    I mean if we're looking to replace Giakoumakis.. a player who's completely unproven beyond a decent half season in a poor league and will cost a relatively high fee to bring in isn't exactly going to be well received.

He'd be fine as a project type.

5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    A third striker like edouard was originally

6. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Did they actually just let him leave, or was his contract up and he wanted to go somewhere he'd get 1st team football to develop?

I don't actually know which is the case, but if it's the latter it would be a similar vibe to O'Riley and may be the kind of attitude Ange looks for in players.

7. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    At least with Edouard, it was a loan to buy.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  8. horseshoe

Looks like he was a free agent, just a development fee paid to Legia not a sale.

9. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Lewandowski had 13 games for the B team before he got punted.

If it’s a serious bid and we want him, trust Ange’s judgment of it rather than Legia Warsaw’s.

For all I know, he could have forced a moved because he was ready to play and has since moved and proven that he should have been by storming the league for another club.

Wouldn’t be the first time a youngster at a decent sized club was being overlooked for a player more experienced, but trusted by the manager rather than being played.

We know that as Celtic fans far too well, there’s a lot of youngsters we’ve had that would have been better served leaving for first team games rather than rot on the bench until they’re 23 and deemed past it to make it.

10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I think we’re also looking for a 3rd striker, one to develop, think we were before it became clear Giakoumakis wanted to force a move.

11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    No it wasn’t, that’s why we had to negotiate a price and it ended up £9m. Criminal that we never pushed for that option at first, because it would have been £4m/£5m before it became clear he was a diamond of a player that would majorly improve us.

12. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    We had a option.
    "Celtic have signed 19-year-old striker Odsonne Edouard on a season-long loan from Paris Saint-Germain, with an option to buy the player".
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/football/41106133.amp

13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That’s the same reasoning of a load of people disliking Mooy signing at first, because it was viewed as we missed out on Souza so got an option very different that a lot deemed unnecessary and wouldn’t do a job for us.

And it’s taken a * of a job from him to prove a lot of fans wrong, and annoyingly not fully to a lot who wait on one too slow track back from him to get the claws out.

For me, and this is the most important point, Ange when it comes to signings knows exactly what he wants, what the place would be in the squad and has a hit rate of success with everybody he’s brought in that us doubting his judgment off of Wiki stats and youtube clips is * madness.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    It was reported as it at first, and the price changed all through the season and had to negotiate the price. I think it turned out it was first option for him up until a certain date, not an agreed fee to buy. Which might be semantics to be fair now I’m saying it, my bad:56:

15. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    :giggle1:

My point is that at least we got a season from Eddy before having to fork out the fee..

Liam Scales likes this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic target Szymon Wlodarczyk has opened the door for a move to Glasgow after admitting it's time to move on from Gornik Zabrze.

The 20-year-old striker has been dubbed the new Robert Lewandowski by his homeland media after netting seven goals in ten league starts in the Polish league.

That's led to him being linked with a £4 million move to Celtic - with Anderlecht and Freiburg also credited with an interest. It would be a record sale for Gornik Zabrze.

And the former Legia Warsaw youngster has revealed he wants to test himself at a higher level.

He said: "There are times in every footballer's life when you know and understand that a change is inevitable and you need a new beginning.
    "And it seems that will happen this month."

Wlodarczyk is under contract until 2025 and it would take a significant outlay to land the Polish Under 21s striker, but that wouldn't be an obstacle for the Hoops who look set to cash in on Georgios Giakoumakis and Josip Juranovic in this transfer window.

He played for his side at the weekend in a 1-1 draw with Japanese outfit Sanfrecco Hiroshima in a 1-1 draw at their winter training camp in Turkey.

17. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Strange he’s saying he needs to move on, hardly played that much football so far. Don’t like those comments…

DonnyCelt likes this.
  18. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Would you prefer it if he said, "I'm * so I'm no going anywhere"?

19. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    7 in 10 league start for a 20 year old is fantastic tbh. Has lots of potential. I would have to say yes on this one!

20. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I'm wary of the prices mentioned. That's the only thing. For £1.5m or so aye but £4-5m is a lot for us to spend on someone who hasn't even completed a full season in the polish top flight.

RabS likes this.