1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Summer signings/departures

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by BTG, Mar 11, 2004.

Discuss Summer signings/departures in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Anybody heard rumours on whos coming to paradise in the summer? Ive heard a few interesting rumours;

In
    Sylvain Wiltord - Estimated price: £2m - A good signing me thinks if it happens, should be a reasonable replacement for Henke if he leaves and being out of favour with Wenger at arsenal I can see us signing him for as little as 2m.

Robbie Keane - Estimated price: 5-7m - If we can sign Keano id be amazed, im sure he'd be a hit with the fans due to him being Irish and I could see him in the long run being a quality replacement for Larsson, the price may be a stumbling block however.

Jay Jay Okocha - Estimated price: free - A superb signing if the board meet his wage demands, might not be the youngest of players but we could get a few decent years out of him, just imagine Jay Jay vs Ricksen! Magic

Cavellaro - Estimated price: free - Can't remember his first name but its the guy from Celta Vigo, apparently we've had some scouts down in Vigo watching him, considering our keeper problems id appreciate him at the club, havent seen enough of him to give a proper opinion as of yet.

Out

Paul Lambert to Backroom staff
    Joos Valgaeren to Anderlecht
    Magnus Hedman to Ancona
    Johan Mjallby to Swedish club

Anybody else heard other rumours? Please post and discuss...

2. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

We'd need a star forward to replace Larsson, I would be delighted with any of them. The board has to let us have money to replace him!!