1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Strongest x 11 now and end of transfer window.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Dec 27, 2021.

Discuss Strongest x 11 now and end of transfer window. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Thought it would be interesting to post your strongest x 11 at the moment and if it actually changes in this most important window...

No guarantees that the new signings will hit the ground running but will any of them automatically take a starting slot?

As we're unsure on the fitness of Jullien, Welsh for me before the error strewn Starfelt.. So maybe a quality CB is needed who is better than both Welsh and Starfelt..

The RB conundrum is an excellent one to have and the fact Taylor and Scales aren't anywhere near Ralston and Juranovic on the right probably makes the adaptable Juranovic a better LB option.. a quality LB signing makes the first team for me.. Then who do you play at RB? :fear:

To play Ange's football a CM with real legs probably replaces Turnbull? Or maybe not, the competition for places there can only be a good thing.

Forrest, if he can get his season going would be an amazing asset, but can we afford to wait for him, Abada still has a lot of learning to do too, so do we need a RW as well...

Hart
    Ralston CCV Welsh Juranovic
    McGregor
    Forrest Rogic Turnbull Jota
    Kyogo

2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Hart
    Ralston CCV Starfelt Juranovic
    McGregor
    Rogic Turnbull
    Forrest Kyogo Jota
    Would hope to see us coming out the window with an improvement in the attacking trio (Maeda hopefully), midfield (Hatate and Ideguchi), centre back and left back.

We really still need another 5 or 6 players to have a fairly deep squad. The five above plus another striker would be ideal, but I can’t see it happening.

JC Anton likes this.
  3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Can Meada play on the wing or would Kyogo move to the wing.

4. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Maeda has played more games at left wing than striker, not a huge amount in the right and also a decent number at AM

(That was this season for LW, overall career more to striker and second striker)

JC Anton likes this.
  5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I know you put doubts on Julien returning to past levels, but I'll assume he will and everyone at their best:

Hart
    Ralston*, CCV, Julien*, Josip*
    Turnbull*, McGregor
    Forrest*, Rogic, Jota
    Kyogo
    with * being questionable positions/in doubt depending what happens elsewhere/what would change by end of window if it is strong.

Ideally, we get a natural Left Back in, for me that would see Josip go to the right and we would have Josip+Ralston rotating often (would be ideal to keep rotating, to save hamstrings and injuries, constantly). Left back we would then have a key player in, with Taylor and Scales * it out to be backup there/rotation.

Julien, because as much as he goes in as strongest at the start, we do need to see how he is when he returns - 4 options in CCV, Julien, Starfelt and Welsh is fine with me regardless though.

Turnbull needs to figure out what his own role in the side is to be, as does Ange. Ideally for me he becomes the rotation with Rogic in a strong squad. Meaning we need another CM that is going to partner McGregor, with Bitton and then McCarthy being their rotations (not sold on McCarthy, but you know, 4 year deal, we need to suck this one up it would seem).

Forrest, absolutely love the guy, brilliant servant and absolutely deserving to be in our strongest 11. However, he hasn't came back from fitness quite at the levels we need and if he is struggling then there is currently folk in the squad wanting his position - and we are looking at others it would seem (for across the front 3). Either way, Forrest+A.Nother becomes a strong rotation as well.

I am keeping Jota at left wing as the strongest option. Even with the strong indication that guys like Maeda are coming in ASAP, Jota still, for me is the number 1 left winger. Maeda may take that role, maybe the right side, maybe straight through the middle. But either way, Jota keeps it.

As can be seen throughout this post, I want a strong squad with good rotation.

So take the above and add in others and I would like two sets of 11 that looks something like:

Hart
    Josip, CCV, Julien, Left Back
    Center Mid, McGregor
    Forrest, Rogic, Jota
    Kyogo

Barkas*
    Ralston, Welsh, Starfelt, Taylor
    Bitton, McCarthy
    Abada, Turnbull, Left Winger
    Maeda
    Where * is just a big * "what the *" situation, actually I'd bring Tobi up and sell Barkas and Bain, but I am somewhat realistic that aint going to happen.
    Left Back in, the Japanese center mid seems likely, and actually not sure on Maeda, Abada, Mikey etc - it's going to be interesting seeing where they all eventually fit in, but either way combined with Jota, Kogo and Forrest, it is an exciting 6 options for the front 3.

JC Anton likes this.
  6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Definitely our strongest 11's available right now above..

Ideguchi brings more steel to our midfield
    Hatate brings more energy, box to box running and versatility
    Maeda brings pace, more pressing and versatility across the front line

To add to those 3 I'd still like
    A quality, pacey, decent sized left back
    A quick, flair winger (left footed who can come in off the right side mainly) who can play across both wing's and 10 maybe
    Another centre half is Jullien is miles off it
    Possibly another different option up top

I still think Giakoumakis will come good and Maeda will be a good option for there so that maybe isn't as pressing this window..

I do think versatile winger/10 is though as the drop from Jota and an injury prone Forrest is Abada (who doesn't look a natural winger) and an unreliable and flattering to deceive Mikey. With our system we need quick, strong option's out there..

The Japanese trio will instantly improve us. We've all seen Maeda's stats from his goals to his mental pressing that leaves even Kyogo miles behind..

Hatate has a bit of everything and I think he's gonna be a sensation at us. Skillful. Quick. Box to box. Can score. Find that penetrative pass. Assist. Tackle. Everything and from the 8, to left back, to the wing, to the 10..

Also think although Ideguchi isn't being reported like the other 2 that he'll be just as effective when in. I'm sure Ange can improve him and he has that dig that we're lacking and also some range of passing and long range finishing. Presses well as well..

Maybe Gudmundsson who we've been loosely linked to for the 10 and wing position's. Like the look of him. Has a bit of flair and can unlock defences. Be fairly cheap as well. Loads of bargains out there..

JC Anton likes this.
  7. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Right now:
    Hart
    Ralston CCV Welsh Scales
    Bitton
    Juranovic Rogic McGregor Jota
    Kyogo

charlietully and JC Anton like this.
  8. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I don’t see us spending big money on a single transfer until we can get rid of big earners. The amount of money we’re wasting is criminal man.

9. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Hart
    Mcgregor Turnbull
    Rogic
    Forrest Kyogo Jota

On paper, it's not a bad first 11, it's when you look at the squad depth it gets scary.

By the end of the window, I suspect we'll lineup something like this

Hart
    Mcgregor Hatate
    Rogic
    Jota Kyogo Maeda

We, ideally, could do with another CB and LB, but no chance we get either until we shift on a few players.

Dan Breen and Valhalla like this.
  10. Big Marn

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ange Fenian Song
    Hart
    Juranovic Jullien CCV Scales
    CalMac
    Rogic Hatate
    Jota Kyogo Maeda

11. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Now

Hart

Ralston
    CCV
    Starfelt
    Juranovic

McGregor
    Turnbull
    Rogic

Forrest
    Abada
    Kyogo

Then

Hart

Ralston
    CCV
    Julien
    Juranovic

McGregor
    Hatate
    Rogic

Maeda
    Jota
    Kyogo

Rest of squad

A GK

Ugorhide
    Welsh
    Starfelt
    Scales

Biton
    Ideguchi
    Turnbull

Forrest
    Abada
    GG

I know Ange seems to like Taylor but I don't yhink he's good enough an prefer Scales and think Juranovic and Ralston are too good not to start right now

12. mayo

Now:

Hart
    Ralston CCV Julien Juranovic
    Mcgregor Bitton
    Rogic
    Forrest Kyogo Jota

13. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Mental people not including Ralston

14. RockhardBoss

Hart
    Juranovic---CCV---Starfelt---Taylor
    McGregor
    Rogic----------Turnbull
    Forrest---------------------------Jota
    Kyogo

Not seen any of the Japanese guys play but Maeda looks likely to compete for a wide forward role and Hatate in the 8. Hopefully they come in and improve those positions.

15. ArturBorucCSC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Hart
    Ralston/JJ (both playing regularly)
    CCV
    Jullien
    Taylor

McGregor
    Turnbull (Hatate to replace him)
    Rogic

Abada (Maeda to replace him)
    Kyogo
    Jota

Haven't included Forrest as he's been out so much this season. But if he comes back fit and ready, I'd start him and use Maeda as back up across the front - particularly for Kyogo. If he's not fit, then we still need another signing for the front three.

We still need a first team ready LB too. With that, we'd have a quality starting 11.

Dan Breen and Westlondonscot like this.
  16. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    With Maeda being a loan, I don't think there will be much money spent this window. We'll be saving for spending big on CCV and Jota in the summer, as well as the looming possibility of having no fans in the ground for the forseeable.

I think we'll only sign Maeda, Hatate and Ideguchi, which is much much less than what we need imo.

Dan Breen likes this.
  17. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

If you guys are right and we try and do things on the cheap then it deserves the board right that we don't win the league, we never * strengthened properly for the start of the season, with their propaganda 12 signing pish, Ange has worked a miracle so far, we should be spending £15 to £20m

18. Living the dream

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnston
    I’m trying not to get to excited about what may be coming we’ve been here before. Until they walk out on the pitch wearing the hoops that’s when you can believe it. This is now the time for the board to come through and back the manager.

19. mayo

After today’s signings hopefully this is our new strongest line up.

Hart

Ralston
    CCV
    Julien
    Juranovic

McGregor
    Hatate
    Rogic

Maeda
    Jota
    Kyogo

James Mc, Tommy25, Rydo1888* and 2 others like this.
  20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye some difference so soon, excellent start to the window.

McChiellini.. and mayo like this.