1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Still think we'll win the league?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Dec 30, 2019.

Discuss Still think we'll win the league? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    they outplayed us, we where losing the the first and second balls, gutless they have drive wanted it more and we never looked like getting a second.

even our goal was lucky and shouldn’t have counted.

All of this at home. It was shocking.

If you want to talk about chances if they took theirs it would have been another 3 or so goals.

2. celtic warrior

Yeah and if we took ours we should have 4 or 5.

Its swings and roundabouts, we score the pen it changes the game entirely, they would have been gagging to get a goal back and would have reverted to high press and aggressive play to equalise which would have left a proper striker like Eddie, all the space he needed to open play on the counter.

On the day, both us and them were *, they didn't impress me at all, we shouldnt be losing to a team who performed as they did, it just happened to be that even though they were *, we were *.

3. Quacksandpiper

We need a midfielder more that anything.

4. bhoy81

So what you are saying is the team that played better won? So they outplayed us. And that’s my point.

It’s still hurting me that this happened, I’m just saying it how it is. They did outplay us they won we played utter * it needs to change for the rest of the season.

5. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    It’s criminal that it’s at this stage, in 2012 10 in a row was gift wrapped to Celtic, all we had to do was be semi competent. The people in charge of Celtic should have had these * dead and buried.

Lewis Kerr and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  6. bhoy81

said this several times over in the last 4/5 years. We should have been signing players Like Big Chris at the back.

hoarding money is not the answer cause a team who is so called skint has pretty much outspent us the last two seasons and yet we are the side that’s money the league and stayed Europe after Christmas for the last two seasons plus champions league football the previous seasons.

7. auldbertie

Fav Celtic Player:
    bobby lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic your favourites in green .... present day.. let the people sing
    I would call 8 in a row league titles and 10 domestic trophies on the bounce a bit more than semi competent . Have some faith man .. lets see how we come back from our wee holiday in the sun . And who we bring in during this window . It's still gift wrapped , stop sounding scared of them , they thrive on it . Quadtreble is still on .

8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

They absolutely did.

We scored a flukey goal and our only other chances were from set pieces. A penalty, and two headers from corners. Honestly can’t remember us creating a single good chance from open play in 90 minutes. Stats wise the game looks a lot more even than it really was. They created a few chances that they could have done better with.

The first game at Ibrox we were the superior team, partly because Gerrard bottled it and started with the wrong set up. They had no width and sat off us. Now he knows that the way to play against us is to press like * and we’ll * ourselves.

And half our team weren’t in holiday mode. Come on man. Far too many excuses for our team just not being up for the fight and challenge.

9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Are you 10 years old?

bhoy81, Cringer67 and DuffyBhoy like this.
  10. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Im not sure I agree with that. We have a pretty good team with reasonable depth in all but a few positions. What could the board have done differently? It’s been obvious since Gerrard took over that they’ve been improving.

The big challenge for us was always going to come when they reached a level at which they could consistently beat the rest of the SPFL teams. It doesn’t matter how much better we are if both ourselves and sevco will all of our remaining games against the rest of the league - it would come down to the two remaining head to head games.

We should be going out and strengthening in January, ideally by bringing in a new centre forward and some steel in midfield. We’ve also got Mo and El Hamed to come back which will be a big boost. Realistically though, both ourselves and Sevco are capable of maintaining a tremendous level of consistency domestically. The league may well come down to the head to head games.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  11. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    They failed to back Lennon after his last 16 run when we had a really good foundation that then led to Lennon leaving. The deila project was a bit of a disaster, 2 years of no champions league money and mostly pish poor recruitment. Giving Lennon the job in shower when lawwell openly admitted he never even considered the other applications, what kind of boss does that? Lennon might turn out to be the correct choice but if we win the 10 it’s in spite of the board.

12. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Naw but the amount of * in here have the mentality of one!

13. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

While I wouldn't say we wont win the league, it has to be admitted, the cards are not stacked in our favour. We've definitely got the harder task to come out as champions.

It doesn't really matter when the game in hand is played, it's still an opportunity at 3 points, they have got 57 points to play for, we have got 54. So we are at a slight disadvantage there.

We have got 8 away games before the split, they have 5. We have to go to aberdeen and Motherwell, we've also got all 3 plastic pitches to go to, surfaces we never do well on. We've got to go to easter road, a venue we haven't won at in the league since, whenever it last was. Their toughest looking fixture in the run in looks like kilmarnock away.

We probably need to take at least 4 points from the 2 games with them. Going on the last 2 performances that would seem unlikely, at present anyway.

We, also, cant really say things like we've been over the course, or we'll handle the pressure better, etc. Other than scott brown,in 2008, none of this squad has been involved in a title race this close and with this much pressure. These next 5 months we will find out what this squad really is made of. Let's hope they can deliver because we're "probably" going to need to see form something akin to the invincible season to deliver the title. HH

bhoy81, thailandceltic and DuffyBhoy like this.
  14. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

You flip flop like nobody else on here. The other day you were saying the exact same things that you’re now slagging other people for saying. Make your mind up.

And aye if the second half the season goes the same as the first half for both clubs, we’ll be 4 points clear. But they’ll unfortunately have 2 games in hand...

bhoy81 likes this.
  15. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I didn’t say the title was there’s not a * chance! I said it’s 50/50 * have them 70/30 and it’s * that go missing when we are winning. How will they have 2 games in hand?

* trolls, sevco sympathisers and * apologists!

they have played 19 and took 50 out 57

We took 52 out our first 57

they won’t have 2 games in hand

Lilac Wine and Hammy89 like this.
  16. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

By that logic though, we can only afford 1 more draw.

17. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Yip that’s how close it is it’s 50/50 as I said. No reason why with the right additions and correct attitude we can go an another winning run.

rudebhoy67 likes this.
  18. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

I don’t get the we should be light years ahead argument either. Fair enough the first season they were back up and the second. But with the managers they have been through and the players ect...they were always gonna catch up eventually. Especially with our board and their antics.

They’ve not caught up yet but have improved quite a lot. Title race is on and we must be ready and not completey * it in the next Glasgow Derby.

thailandceltic likes this.
  19. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Cant really argue with that. It has to be said at the moment I would have them as favourites. Easier fixtures and they have been better in the last two derby games. They are winning games they aren't playing well in thanks to half a hair cut. The only thing I think favours us is I still think we have a far better starting 11 and squad. The downside is most teams in the league are incapable of taking points of either of us.

At least it will be exciting till the end, something it hasn't been in a while. Ha

Lilac Wine and rudebhoy67 like this.
  20. Cupid Stunt

Yeah but I thought we'd pump the Huns as well...

I dunno. Transfer window will have a huge bearing on it and to be honest I just the fact we are being pushed as we are a little embarrassing.

About a year or so ago I was adamant these * would never get near us again and yet here we are.

They haven't even improved that much in terms of man for man, but they're clearly set up well and hard to beat.

I don't have a great deal of faith in other teams taking points off them, so I don't really know where we turn this around.