1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] St Mirren V Celtic Wednesday 19.45

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by McChiellini.., Dec 19, 2021.

Discuss St Mirren V Celtic Wednesday 19.45 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Forestbhoy66 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace

2. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    The most certainly did not. Tonight was extremely disappointing but let’s reserve such rash statements for the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greengrocer, Tommy25 and eire4 like this.
  3. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    We are more then capable of beating them no question. Realistically we need to win both home games against them at the very least to have a chance most likely.

celtic20 likes this.
  4. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Tough one to take? yes.

League over? * no.

Tonnes of football to be played. Weve had a horrendous ride the past few months and tbh, a result like this was on the cards.

Imo, better now than in March or May... Which of course, STILL might happen.

But I digress.

Anyone claiming the "league is over" must operating under the assumption that Sevco are some infallible entity, who are going to hoover up every point available.

*NEWS FLASH*

Their not. They wont.

Its going to take TWO more windows to finish this rebuild, and right now, we STILL have a stronger first 11 than they do. Right now they have the squad, wont be long before we do too.

If anyone needs a wee reminder, think back to 2011.
    "Rangers" were TWELVE points ahead by December. We had a * show with injuries and rotten luck. The league was apparently over.
    Guess who won the league?

As I said its a tough one to take, and gives the mutants some breathing room. But our only goal was to remain within touching distance going into the new window to reinforce the squad, then go all out.

We're still on course.

Dalbeth3, greengrocer, eire4 and 6 others like this.
  5. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Don't apologise, he's mince.

6. limezer

Funny thing is we are playing better than anyone in the league the now, Sevco have been * poor but scrape by with penalty’s and a scrappy goals.

Tommy25 likes this.
  7. simpy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson,charlie nicklas(1st season)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Congratulations the stupidest thing I have heard tonight, give the trophy out tonight as well

eire4 and Tommy25 like this.
  8. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Scunnered.

NomDePlum likes this.
  9. Forestbhoy66 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace

Totally agree tbf, the way we are playing reminds me of arsenal under wenger, trying to pass the * thing into the goal. Sometimes somebody just needs to let rip with one. Don’t want to change the way we are playing,but How often did ange come up against two blocks of 5 players every week in Australia/ Japan ?

limezer likes this.
  10. The Don

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone
    Its not common sense at all because the cup final was a more important game. If we rested Kyogo on Sunday we would have no silverware. We should have had enough to beat a covid hitten St Mirren without him. It would have been nothing short of stupid not playing him in a cup final when we have no other strikers available.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
    Dalbeth3 and Tommy25 like this.
  11. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    As an attacker/winger he has made 50 appearances since joining in 2017. His total of goals is 7. Not enough in my view to be playing for Celtic. He keeps playing his own game, does not seem to be learning and developing.

rudebhoy67 and Dan Breen like this.
  12. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Mikey is a carbon copy of James Forrest circa 6 years ago.

Plays football like a youth player. Has a one dimensional game (in Forrests case...head down, ignore free players looking for the ball, Run run run, fall over, sit on the ground looking for a free kick).
    Mikey is very very similar in terms of development.
    Lots of raw talent, head up his hole.

Whether we have the time or the inclination to spend YEARS getting it right with him is anyones guess.

My thinking is he could do with a loan next year.

Forestbhoy66 likes this.
  13. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Especially given the conditions, was screaming just shoot all game.
    No, Ralston CCV and Welsh were not awful for me.

But this is not something new, been like this for years. We need a set piece coach. It was only when JJ came on that we had some half decent deliveries.

14. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    While I do get the raw emotion after dropping points, its really disappointing to hear Celtic people chucking in the towel. League is still there, with the proper recruitment, and Ange at the wheel, can still be done. Huns will be weaker after the break, we have to play them 3 times and we will be a lot stronger after the transfer window.

greengrocer and eire4 like this.
  15. TheHappyLoss

Hugely disappointing but far from terminal

Dan Breen and Wllm like this.
  16. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    He was injured anyway...and I don't agree with your comparison with Kyogo to Larsson (yet)

Your desperate a piling all your hopes on one guy here...Kyogo doesn't score in every game and neither did Larsson.

And MJ couldn't score a scratch card ....have a rest.

17. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    If we play anywhere near the same team as tonight on Sunday the league will be over

18. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Weve been pish for weeks. Even the cup final we was pish. Both wings posted missing. Shows how much influence turnbull has on the game even when playing *. Without him I never even heard rogics name near all night.

0-0 though was a * result but look at the team. Missing forrest, jota, kyogo, starfelt, that Greek one nobody knows his name because he's never available except to miss crucial penaltys... Hart, turnbul, that other striker who's always injured so his names no getting a mention either... were missing 8 players and ib probably missed some more. 8 players and were wondering why we've stopped steam rolling teams. Suprised we kept st mirren so camped in tbh. St mirren who played a blinder on us. Missing less than us.

This breaks came at the right time for us. Absoloute perfect time tbh. We should get injuries back, new players, then loose the lot to international duty.... :fear: all at the same time there one stand out player should be off. Aribo. Folk don't want to hear it but the last couple games I seen he stood out above the lot of * so I hope he goes.

Anyway little mention for St mirren commentary. Most unbiased team tv commentary iv heard. Even the half time interview they wanted celtic to win because they wanted celtic to win the league :56: * should have told the team.

19. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

Having had a little time to sleep on it i agree, however one more slip up between now and the game against the huns, they could effectively win it at our place. They don’t look like dropping many points again this season, especially now gio has came in, genuinely think Gerrard * off down south was the worst thing that could have happened.

Sonic Reducer likes this.
  20. robbiek

Fav Celtic Player:
    danny mcgrain