1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] St Mirren V Celtic Wednesday 19.45

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by McChiellini.., Dec 19, 2021.

Discuss St Mirren V Celtic Wednesday 19.45 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Forget it. It was Frank McGarvey. Wrong on this but the most entertaining thing I saw tonight by some distance.

The Don likes this.
  2. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Pish. Utter pish.

He was never even meant to be 6 points behind with a trophy at this point. He was meant to be sacked by now.

He’s got a transfer window now, with a real chance to push on with a win against them it’ll be 3 points.

Since when was 6 points league over? We’ve been in far worse positions against better Rangers squads. There’s 3 more games against them. It’s * mental.

3. seanm

Celtic pleasure then pain every * time.anyone thinking we have any chance winning the league i admire your faith.HH

bigmac7288 likes this.
  4. seanm

Exactly right HH

5. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Since our 9th...

Twisty and NomDePlum like this.
  6. Bonobhoy

Only 3 point better off this time than last season so i hear....not good enough.

There is nothing in that team when you take out both players in Kyogo and Jota. No one steps up and we have been playing like * for a long long time now.

I like Ange but i aint gonna tongue his balls yet,he has * it up a few times already now and granted he's just in and inherited dog *,but certain decisions lie with him that we have lost. If it wasnt for Kyogo scoring a double on Sunday,Ange would be in serious * tonight i think.

But the board NOW MUST BACK HIM.....give him the money and get players in and see how it goes then.

As much as Sevco are *...the will not drop as many points as we will to absolute * this season...and throw in we would need to win the next 2 games against them,pressure right there.

3 points on Sunday,then get players back and some brought in...but it could already be too late.

10/4 Kemosabe likes this.
  7. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    League cups are great and all, but they aren't worth 40mill..

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

8. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Wouldn’t have had had any issues had Huns game coming up on January 2, but that was our 2nd last game for 3 weeks so personally I would have played him, absolute sickener winning a cup being on such a high to that performance tonight

9. DonnyCelt

That and the fact they won't be aloud to drop any points, makes it even harder for us to close the gap.

10. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

What does that even mean he was meant to be sacked by now? What so because virtually nobody had heard of him before coming here he’s not to be criticised?

6 points is a pretty big gap, sure we’ve done it before but it’s still quite a gap regardless.

11. The Don

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone
    Kid yourself on! It is an achievement that this squad is only 6 points behind the Huns at Christmas. Ange took over the club in frightful and desperate circumstances. He took over a depleted Celtic team that was low of confidence and probably the worst squad we have had in years. He has had to integrate about 12 new players into the team. The squad has seriously low depth and we have numerous injuries. We have just won the first trophy of the season and have won 14 of our last 16 domestic games.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
    johnfife1959 likes this.
  12. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Had been coming, struggled to score goals in most of the recent games, a few of our recent goals were from set pieces as well which wasn't going to continue.

Only thing i'd have done is thought we should have brought on Taylor and Juranovic together about 60 minutes in for Moffat and Scales and put Ralston up front and Abada wide and those two at full-back.

A lot of our play comes from Taylor and with a weakened team as it was we should have played him so we weren't also losing a lot of our build up front the back. Abada also I don't like through the middle as his runs from wide are dangerous and better than the other wide players, i'd rather have him there and someone else (Ralston) as the striker.

13. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Wim Sunday and we will be ok. Loose Sunday and were *.

14. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Our games always have the same pattern now. We usually start really well, have a few decent chances and look like we could score however, if we don't score in the first 20 mins or so, we then just go through the motions against teams who will pack their defences and the game then becomes a slog. We then see the dreaded sideway passes getting us nowhere, countless corners with no end result, free kicks which also have no end result and then the wee bit of urgency at the end which is usually too late. We need new players in and we need a plan B

15. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Unacceptable fukin pish !!

16. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Kyogo would have had no room to play his game tonight by the way.

17. CountyDownFaithful

Could be a result that costs us big time. The sheer amount of injuries and lack of options was always going to catch up with us.

Probably should have started Juranovic tonight - looked far better when he came on.

Gutted.

18. CountyDownFaithful

Yup. As much as he’s our best player, we need a different type of striker for games like tonight.

Sonic Reducer likes this.
  19. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

He’s completely revitalised a team that was in bits after being dragged through the mud by an incompetent manager and board. You could see the team had an identity and a plan as early as pre season. He’s put his own mark on the team faster than anyone could imagine, including a trophy. To downplay that is childish. The entitlement in our support is wild.

Nobody is immune to criticism and he’s had his for decisions he’s made. Difference is he owns it.

It’s not a big gap. It’s two games.

johnfife1959 likes this.
  20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Maybe not, but he'd likely have got on the end of one or two crosses across the face of goal.