1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Sparta Prague 4 - 1 Celtic , 26 Nov, Europa League

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Marty McFly, Nov 23, 2020.

Discuss Sparta Prague 4 - 1 Celtic , 26 Nov, Europa League in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. muffitO'tea

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Embarrassing season.

Something has to change. Hopefully Lennon

2. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

Celts is dead now for Europe. :50:

Lyonniste likes this.
  3. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    The madness continues, unbelievable whats going on.

4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

How are Lyon doing?

5. Celticbhoy97

Gary Holt a man who has 0 ties to a club he’s done very well for, who was never under pressure from the board to leave a job he’s been paid a fraction of what Lennon’s on but aye Lennon is. a true Celtic man for refusing to leave a club that’s paying him very well....... night and day

Ewang83 and bkk bhoy like this.
  6. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Felt quite emotionless watching that tonight. No anger. Kind of actually laughed at the 4th goal.

I suspect that’s when you know it’s a bad state of affairs.

7. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

You could take this same post and apply it to the squad we had under Deila before the snake came in.

JamesM09 likes this.
  8. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Thats like the 3rd of 4th goal we've conceded like that this season already, the type of goals that usually only happen every few years like Scott Allan gifting it to Ajax and stuff. Pretty sure Sparta scored one in the last game and Ferencvaros scored one, even that Hibs goal at the weekend long punt head goal.

Goals just continue pishing into our net from weird play and set pieces no matter whos playing in goals or at the back.

Every game now you just think "* sake it's happening again". Every set piece, counter attack and long ball has us looking like * clowns.

rickyroma25 and superceltic67 like this.
  9. Maddie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bobby Petta... he was shite now he's betta
    That is what kills me, I shrug and expect it now.

10. Celticbhoy97

Sparta Prague tweet to us read it and realise how tin pot we’ve become this season

The Dude likes this.
  11. Lennon1888

Same here, The guy was actually trying to run it into the net.

12. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Need to beat Milan away 3-0 and beat Lille and hope Sparta beat Milan and we can still qualify :67:

13. The Dude

14. wulliebad

Even poor players can defend,many a team we have played against have managed backs to the wall defending but its like celtic players no longer care if we lose goals. Some of the goals we lose would get anyone else in life the sack from their job.

15. Markybhoy

It sounds like you are pretty much where I'm at. I didn't bother watching the match tonight and just had a wry smile when I saw the scoreline. It was more or less what I thought it would be.

It is remarkable how nine years of hard work has completely unraveled in the space of four months. I knew going from Brendan Rodgers to Neil Lennon was a HUGE mistake but it's still taken me quite by surprise just what a rip roaring * of things Lennon is making.

Lewis Kerr and The Dude like this.
  16. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    I'm in the same boat as you mate. Haven't watched a Celtic match in years, and laugh my head off whenever they lose. WATP :shamrock:

Artorias and Dannybhoy81 like this.
  17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    When the third and Fourth went in...I giggled to myself..

That's how pathetic they are and how utterly sick of them I am..

18. DonnyCelt

I bet sevco try and sign that Julie * coz he's scored 5 goals against us in 2 games.

19. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Predictable and unfortunately, yet another display with the same common themes.

Based on the game, we learnt nothing about Sparta Prague from the 1st leg. Because it was almost a carbon copy of that game.

Same pressing strategy again, with the same results. The results which were clear in PRE SEASON. They just popped it into spaces we left for them. Seemed to change that approach in the 2nd half. But it was too late, the damage was already done.

There is no point in pressing if only one person is actively doing so. McGregor chasing one of the 3 centre halfs all the way to the corner. Pointless. Mo El and Ryan Christie on numerous occasions, chasing down their back 3 and leaving big gaps for the wingbacks. Pointless. I don't think the players believe in it enough to carry it out. At least that's what it looks like.

No control about our play. It was quite an open game before we went 1-0 up. And instead of looking at controlling or trying to settle the play. We had Laxalt flying passed Mo El, who lost possession and Sparta Prague went straight into the area vacated by Laxalt. Just constant self harm.

Sparta Prague going forward knew what to do. Overload one side of the pitch and hold a wide position on the opposite. If they couldn't work the overload, it was an immediate switch to the opposite player and attack the box. Our disjointed approach to the initial press and players being dragged all over the park, was ideal for this. Our plan? Not sure what our plan was.

Defending of set pieces. Another shambles seen over the last few weeks. Continued to rear its head. Individuals not matching runners and players mentally switching off. McGregor sitting 5 yards deeper than the rest of the players for the 1st goal.

I could go on about a few other things. I'm genuinely scunnered with watching the same mistakes and problems happening week after week. And we don't do enough to address them. The manager then speaks and further increases my ire. And then the board with their heads up their own *. Refuse to acknowledge the problems.

20. smiddybar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    on this occasion he has "brought back the blunder"

Artorias likes this.