1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Space, Stargazing and the Night Sky

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Marty McFly, May 27, 2020.

Discuss Space, Stargazing and the Night Sky in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jj81

Rewound it , watched it, would rather inhale the steam off my jobby.

2. Fully87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It should be cheaper and easier now to get to the moon. Plenty of reasons to go back, mine resources, search for water, dig underground, look for life, build a base, build a city the list is endless.

jj81 likes this.
  3. jj81

And there we fly a waving flag :D

Fully87 likes this.
  4. Fully87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Okay start of with the 3 stooges it's a good place to start, there is a longer version of that interview I posted.Watch it, they are nervous, fidgety, on edge, can't answer simple questions properly, nudging each other, sweating, guilty looking. That main interview says it all really, but once you watch it start looking up their other interviews that where done in their later years things start getting even more weirder and suspicious,they start contradicting themselves and Buzz even admitted they had not been. The 3 lying Astro Nots is just the beginning.

5. Fully87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Buzz Lightyear admits to girl, we've not been to the moon.

6. jj81

Mad how folk ask for evidence and then call people conspiracy theorists because they don't believe in something, I go by what evidence I've seen not by what I've been told or made to think has happened/or is true.

when you then turn it and ask them why do they believe its true, there's nothing but " the scientists says so " or we have seen images.

And to think how far we have came tech wise in all these years they haven't been " back " yet.

Its like sevco back in the top tier, never been there.

Show some real proof or don't scoff at non believers.

Fully87 likes this.
  7. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    There are indeed reasons to go, but it is not economically viable. You keep talking about it getting cheaper, but the thrust required to break orbit has not changed. There has been no major advances in the fuel used and the price of fuel is much higher now than it was then. That and life support/safety are the the major expenses.

Then if you are talking about building bases to mine for resources that is a whole different ball game than just going there and coming back. The cost for the resources required to keep people alive on the moon for a lengthy period is quite literally astronomical. It would take numerous trips to get the materials required there, not to mention the costs of getting anything mined back to earth. You are talking multiple billions in start up costs with no guarantee of a return on that as there may be no useable, or accessable, resources there. There was just no incentive for governments to take that risk, but it's why you are starting to see more interest in it from the commercial sector now wth the likes of Musk.

8. jj81

Whats the costs of these resources and materials? And how can I source a reliable / non bias site to see them ? How do you know about the cost of keeping a human alive on the moon?

Is this cost why inflation of taxes worldwide is so high ? To use more money to try fix a lie that try put on us ?

Fully87 likes this.
  9. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Jesus wept. Yeah clearly there is a link between inflation and the moon landings... I've heard some * weird conspiracy theories before but that's a belter.

Try doing some of your own research into what goes into the costs per kg of sending things into space. You clearly aren't going to believe anything that counters your own little world view so there is no point in me wasting my time pointing you to them.

10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Taking inflation into account, it would be cheaper as estimates of the 1969 moon landing are estimated to cost $152bn, adjusted for inflation. Sending humans back to the moon is still estimated at $20-30bn which is still a massive amount of money, and this year NASA's entire budget is just $22.6bn. So NASA's entire budget now is about 1/7th of that cost. It would take years of planning and money to even go to the moon, never mind anything like what you've suggested.

Mining on the moon, digging underground, building a base and building a city. You are seriously, seriously underestimating the effort and cost of these activities. Just for a start, think of the amount of trips it would take to and from the Earth to transport the equipment to mine effectively, never mind build a base or a city. Building a city on the moon is bordering on fantasy, at the moment.

The 3 Stooges, as in the science fiction film? That's the only thing I can find related to that title regarding the moon or space. Can you link it?

I can't find anything credible that suggests what you're saying here.

No he didn't. This edited video has been debunked.

Sources:
    https://www.space.com/nasa-moon-2024-return-cost-revealed.html

https://www.planetary.org/space-policy/nasas-fy-2020-budget

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexknapp/2019/07/20/apollo-11-facts-figures-business/

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/buzz-aldrin-moon-admission/

11. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  12. Fully87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Snopes is not a reliable source for debunking, I have caught snopes lying about a lot of things, Snopes got paid off by the media juggernaut a long time ago. Snopes job now is to reinforce and go along with and support the media and the fake world narrative.

jj81 likes this.
  13. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The Space Centre explained: “The flag was disturbed as it was planted into the ground and kept this bent shape because of the lack of strong gravity on the Moon.

“In video footage of the flag being planted into the Moon’s surface, it also appears to wave back and forth.

“This is because when astronauts were planting it, they rotated it back and forth to better dig into the lunar soil, which of course made the flag ripple like a pendulum – without a breeze.

“There’s a huge amount of footage of the flags stood on the Moon in exactly the same position.”

By simply comparing photos of the Moon snapped after the flag was planted, you will see the astronauts moving around but the flag remains in the exact same position.

14. Fully87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The 3 stooges, the 3 fake astro nots who went to New Mexico or Colorado to film the moon landings. No way was it filmed on the moon.

15. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Holy * Michael gove really did start something :giggle1:

16. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Not just Snopes that have debunked it.

https://www.spacecentre.nz/resources/faq/spaceflight/moon-hoax/buzz-admits.html

You can believe whatever you want, mate. But the truth is, they walked on the moon.

17. Fully87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    How the * did they manage to beam back live footage in the 60s live to our TV sets, everything about the moon landings I smell *.

18. Fully87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    They have not debunked it, watch the full video yourself, I have seen it, he slipped up big time. The websites your using are all NASA supporters their views on what he said are very biased.

19. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Don't waste your time, you are never going to change a conspiracy theorists mind. Any proof you provide will be fake news. The old adage of "never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" springs to mind.

20. Fully87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    There's another one where Neil, slips up also. I told you to start with looking at all interviews with these 3 * wits and try and tell me there not slippery as *, dodging questions, different answers to the same questions in different interviews. I can see right through these bullshit artists.

jj81 likes this.